Ford Figo....Ownership Review (9400Km).

My tips:
Drive below 2000 rpms irrespective of gear.
Gradual acceleration and deceleration.
Take a break after 120 kms or so, you can avoid fatigue and car will be in good state.
Tyre pressure 32 upfront and 30 rear. If u have accessibility use nitrogen. Be very careful on bad roads as tyres are new and can sustain cut marks and will reduce the overall longevity.
Check all the vital fluids before embarking on your journey, i.e.: Break oil, coolant, power steering oil, Engine oil and washer tank.
Do not idle before starting, just drive gently initial 2 kms or so. Before stopping keep her on for 30-40 minutes without acceleration so that turbo can stop. Otherwise dry run will harm turbo.
Drive glasses rolled on.

Thread Starter #32
Great review jango

Very nice to read about your Figo and that It has served you well in the journey

regarding your 2nd point remote for the music system; why don't you opt for Universal Steering Remote which will definitely solve your problem details of which can be found here http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/accessories-spare-parts/8165-ts-200-universal-steering-remote.html
martand_d...thanks for the info but i did inquire about this but could not get it. The doubt that i have is will it work with the OEM system? I asked a few accessory shop owners in pune and they were not sure and nor did they have the product to check if it works. Can you give me the number of that person you spoke to, if it works it will be great for me.

jango.

Thread Starter #33
@martand_d...i called that person from autotrends and he mentioned its not for OEM systems as it may not have an IR receiver.

Jango.

Thread Starter #34
I conformed with the ford dealer as well, you cannot use any remote with the OEM System of FIGO

Last edited:
Thread Starter #36
i have not yet added anything. I just make sure i don't rev the engine maintain a constant speed to avoid unnecessary braking.

Thread Starter #38
how much would it cost approximately to put decent tints on the entire car ?
If you go for Garware Ice cool shield it should cost about 6 to 6,500 including your windscreen.

I had opted for some imported ones only for side and rear glass for 1800/-

i recommend for Ice cool shield as its for the entire set. The sheet on the windscreen is really helpfull.

jango.

Do any of you use a fuel additive like a system G ? Is it recommended or can we do without it as well ?
I have used it in my 1.2. It is recommended by Ford. Got good results. I have decided to use it twice/thrice (consecutive tankfuls) in 6-8K kms (approx), if I use normal petrol (not speed/power/etc) on regular basis in my Figo 1.2.

somtimes even after switching off the ignition and removing the keys..i would get a sound as if the car is still on ..but then i again insert the key and restart it, the sound goes off...any idea what could it be or if i am making some mistake there ?

jayesh i was told it gives on terms of 20+
atleast ford claims it and have read on posts too
i know for sure that you're giving ur honest opinion here

somtimes even after switching off the ignition and removing the keys..i would get a sound as if the car is still on ..but then i again insert the key and restart it, the sound goes off...any idea what could it be or if i am making some mistake there ?
It's a radiator fan, cooling your engine! Don't worry it is designed for that, like that. It switches off automatically.

My Figo 1.2 used to give FE between 11.5 to 12.5 kmpl usually in stop-n-go traffic for short runs and in narrow lanes. Occasionally, it gives 13.5 and + for city commute, if the roads are somewhat clear with lesser stops and for longer drive in city.

My average FE on highways is well over 16 kmpl. I always got 15+ and few times I achieved more than 18kmpl. FE figures are evolved from the log till date from the date of purchase. ODO is 16K+.

Happy with it.

Last edited:

Top Bottom