Ford Figo Long Term Ownership & Dealership Review (20K Kms)

Thread Starter #136
Ford was much late to realize and gear up to what India wants and the cleaver thing they did was Figo - Which was really a WOW (Wealth Out of Waste...)

If you see, all the components in Figo are nothing but of Fusion and Fiesta. I wonder, have they worked on anything new for Figo, except for localizing the parts (up to 95% I guess) and introduction of Child Parts, which was the big game changer in terms of overall vehicle cost and maintenance cost for the user. With this strategy, they were able to achieve VFM tag which was sorely missing in Suzukis.

Thus, Ford was able to stand up in India with Figo - A better product in the market, with some best in class features and for lesser cost. That's VFM.
Fiesta, Fusion and Figo all shate parts from same bin hence R & D expenditure was limited to the outer shell of the car. Engine is same sigma series which does duty on Fiesta classic. That has resulted in lower price for Figo vis-a-vis other hatches such as Punto/Vista/Swift/i20 etc.

350Z

Core Team
Re: Ford Figo Titanium Diamond White Ownership Experience

I am dealing with Delhi Ford's Vasant Kunj FASS and found to be satisfactoryand better than average and all the people are good and by now I know almost everybody for good reason though.
I think Delhi Ford has only sales outlet in Vasant Kunj. What is the address of service center? I’m thinking to switch away from Riddhi Ford.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #138
Delhi ford has two out lets; one at SJ, and another at Baba Poteries VK. Service center is just behind the showroom.
Perception changes with experience. I know everyone at Delhi ford but experience is not good. In fact FASS @ Delhi Ford are a bit casual. Don't take issue seriously when reported 1st time. Hence owner suffer a bit extra. Howz Riddhi Ford, where is it located.

350Z

Core Team
Delhi ford has two out lets; one at SJ, and another at Baba Poteries VK. Service center is just behind the showroom.
Thanks. It doesn’t look that Ford has mentioned about their service center on official website.

Howz Riddhi Ford, where is it located.
Riddhi Ford is in Okhla. Their sales and initial service was awesome but now I see levels are dropping down. Just thinking to experiment with other workshops around.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #140
After refilling fuel tank, I saw diesel leaking at alarming rate and lost almost 1-1.5 ltr. Went to Delhi Ford Service center,VK. Left car for the check up. Got call at 3 PM that there was problem with fuel tank's. I was told that FASS has talked to Ford about it and it will be replaced under warranty but will take another day as fuel tank will arrive tomorrow.

I needed the car, hence took the delivery, will leave car tomorrow for replacement.
Seems Delhi Ford is trying to improve their service.

Thread Starter #141
Guys few updates.
Car was consuming excessive engine oil, reported the same to ford on 4-5 occasions and every time technical team kept on pushing that no wrong with the engine, and need to examine after 2000 kms or 1000 kms. Every time before taking car to service center, I escalated the issue to MD ford and customer care.
This time Ford care told me to leave car with them for thorough diagnosis for a week or so. After raising the issue of loss of mode of transportation, ford care agreed to pay Rs 1200 per day reimbursement on production of bills.
Today I was confirmed that short block will be replaced which I refused and demanded complete service engine (complete service engine means head, short block, oil sump and other parts).
Warranty will be extended for another two years (I already have 4 year extended warranty, hence it will lead to extension of 6-7 months), and complete service at 30 K, free of cost (partly).
This issue was bothering for last two years. Hope that new engine will be fine. the only downside is that I will have to do the run-in once again.
To get this issue rectified, I had to push customer care, service center to the corner and almost decided that I will take them to consumer forum.
After facing mental harassment at the hands of dealer, I will get new engine, few thousand rupees (1500-20000), and partly free service (I will pay for wheel balancing, alignment and fuel filter).
Next update will after Sunday, once I get hands on the car.

Thread Starter #142
Avoid Delhi Ford Service Center: Long term Ownership of FIGO

I told Delhi Ford Service center to call me as and when engine arrive but that was never to be, however in the evening I decided to visit and got surprised that technician was already working on it. I called GM Service and he told that its company's policy not to inform or let customer stay on the floor.
I asked him to clarify on consumables such as lubricant and other fluids, and as expected he said I will have to pay for it. I called up Ford India customer manager and GM Service was fired by him (I came to know about this fact later on). After this GM service told that as a friendly gesture we will provide coolant and lubricant.
Guys point I am highlighting is that, Delhi Ford is real cheat. Deliberately provided the wrong no. of its owner, never bothered to share or raise the issue with Ford India and tried to push the issue under the carpet and as and when possible, tries to dupe customers in the name of something or other.
Oil consumption issue could linger for over two years all because of service center. The owner is arrogant, General Manager is not serious, and technicians are not given free hand to take or examine the problems. Service center has also started charging for washing approx 400. Rather than charging, service center should give car after wash. If there are options of getting car serviced, please avoid this service center.

MODS: Please change title of thread to "Avoid Delhi Ford Service Center: Long term Ownership of FIGO"

Last edited:
Thread Starter #143
Guys got the car yesterday, few updates.
Got Rs. 18100 for reimbursement of taxi fare
Paid Rs 1886 for fuel and air filter, wheel balancing, and weights.
Car was washed, dry cleaning of interiors, and Teflon polish on outer shell and no charges for Teflon and dry wash. High mounted break light is damaged during the stay but will be replaced under warranty by the service center when I go next time (probably in a day’s time).
Car is running fine, clutch was bleeded and is very smooth but need to see the tuning because after slotting in the gear, car is moving with clutch fully depressed on flat surface.
Will go for the oil and oil filter change after 1500 kms and then next service at 10 K i.e. 40K.

Top Bottom