Ford Figo Long Term Ownership & Dealership Review (20K Kms)

re: Ford Figo long term ownership and dealership review: 20000kms

regular service cost around 1500-1600 without labour charges.
Includes
Oil filter change,
Oil change,
Air filter cleaning
check all the fluids
Tyre rotation,
cleaning, washing etc.
Paid service is generally billed at 3000-3500 which is reasonable
Thanx for the reply.
Wow it's cheaper even then the swift it seems .
Figo is one total vfm car today in the market.

Thread Starter #122

Figo is VFM in general and Diesel Figo is powerful as well. Car handles pretty well, FE is at par with segment, Service is cheaper and so are spare parts

Thread Starter #123

I saved Rs 1366 from insurance. I paid Rs 4538 but Rs 5904 for bearing directly from Tata Aig. How cool is that.

Thread Starter #124

Guys I am back with something more. Car was facing engine oil consumption issue since 1.2.2012 and I have reported it to Delhi Ford Service more than 4 times and Service center did nothing to address it seriously.
7470 Kms: First time engine oil was topped by 2 liters and I was asked to pay for it, I did not pay citing that car is under warranty and this top up is not due to regular change. I previaled, GM service @ Delhi Ford agreed.
12650+ kms: I had to top up 1 liter engine oil
12910+ Kms: 21.8.2012. Left car with Delhi Ford Service and escalated the issue with Ford India. Car was there for 4-5 days, part of engine was opened, compression readings obtained and send across to Ford India. Nothing found and Ford India wrote to me that there is no problme and please do write to us for further assistance. Dealer did not report the previouse two oil top ups to Ford India. Ford India demanded service history of vehicle and in service documents service center did not show engine oil top up.
Dealer did not report the engine oil top up and no mention in their service history.
I was told to drive car for another 3000 kms and bring back to see how much engine oil is consumed.
16100+ kms: 1.5 liter engine oil was topped up. This time I paid for the oil.
19170+ I took car for Oil consumption issue and for 20K service. Same time escalated the issue with Ford India. This time Ford India told service center to dismantle the entire engine. After 5 days Ford India did not responded, hence had to call up Ford India Plant directly and within 5 minutes I got a call from service center that piston rings and valves were culprits and hence these will be replaces under warranty.
What are problems in this entire episode:
Delhi Ford Service Center did not report the previouse three engine oil topups of total 4 liter (these were free of cost and for this I had to fight with GM service. Had service center reported these top ups during August checkup with Ford India, problem would have been solved. Ford India would have told the service center guys to dismantle the engine and replace the faulty part.
Pronlems with Delhi Ford Service Centers (DFASS):
Non transparent and don't take issues reported by customers very seriously. Misreported the oil consumption issue to Ford India.
Lousy service experience. Technicians are good ut management sucks big time.
Spare parts price: I bought spare alloy (in addition to four alloys) and I was charged 6000. Unfortunately car was hit by irrant bikers (driven at 80-90) and had to take insurance claim for repair. Same alloy was charged at 4500 (including taxes). I asked about the tail light, spare parts guy told that its 2700 and body shop said its 1700.
Delhi Ford Service Center located at Vasant Kunj is a big cheat. I retract my previous statement in which I said, this is good service center. Same person owns Chevy, Hyundai and Ford service center at Vasant Kunj, Delhi. Those who have Chevy, Hyundai and Ford, try and avoide this service center, If no alternate is available then this should be last resort.

I demanded two year extended warranty on my car at no extra cost. Car ran with faulty piston rings for more than 12000 kms and there might be secondary problems asosciated with it. This 20000 kms service should be made free absolutely. So far Ford India have promised me 1 one year free extended warranty.

Two year warranty: One year cost will be born by Ford India and one year be born by Delhi Ford.
Labour, engine oil, oil filter and air filter cost will be born by Delhi Ford India and I will bear the cost of wheel balancing and allignment (I keep a tab on alignment and rotate tyres every 10K and balancing)

I will get my car on Wednesday. I would have got it today but I want rear bumper to be replaced due to crack and rear left door to be repainted (one newbie was culprit in one case and a mad man in another case). Body work will take 2-3 days.

Service center didn't had one part, ordered and dilivered in days time. Ford India has four regional offices and warehouses where spare parts are kept, hence part availability and delivery take maximum one day. This is good part. Northern regional warehouse is at Manesar.
Cost of two year extended warranty is 13500 (I got this quote from service center, I will take it with pinch of salt and might be 12-12.5K), service cost for 20K was estimated at 4.5-5K and details of the work are:
Oil change: 3.8 liter,
Air Filter, Oil Filter, break oil change (ford recommend break oil to be replaced every 20K and cost is around 650), wheel balancing, alignment, and rotation, car wash. Cost of wheights used is around 50-100 depending on wheights used. Total cost 4500-5000.

Guys please drop in your advise, comments or feedbacks on service cost.

Thread Starter #125

Mods please change title of my thread: Ford Figo long term ownership and dealership review: 20000kms

Re: Ford Figo long term ownership and dealership review: 20000kms

Mods please change title of my thread: Ford Figo long term ownership and dealership review: 20000kms
Excellent review. Just thinking was it a wise decision to opt for Brio. But again financial constraints was the matter, and not the car. I thoroughly enjoyed the TD of Figo.

Congrats on your longterm ownership. Lets hope this beauty gives you more reasons to [:)] & [clap].

TC

Thread Starter #127

Excellent review. Just thinking was it a wise decision to opt for Brio. But again financial constraints was the matter, and not the car. I thoroughly enjoyed the TD of Figo.

Congrats on your longterm ownership. Lets hope this beauty gives you more reasons to [:)] & [clap].

TC
You opted for Brio, that means your usage is limited. Brio is very good hatch with butter smooth gear. Its extremely light steering makes it perfect choice to daily commute in congested urban landscape.

Congratulations for Brio and do share ownership report.

I am really happy with Figo. Odd problem can occur in any automobile. Issue should have been addressed immediately by FASS. I am hoping that FE will improve as on date engine oil problem is resolved. [:D]

You opted for Brio, that means your usage is limited. Brio is very good hatch with butter smooth gear. Its extremely light steering makes it perfect choice to daily commute in congested urban landscape.

Congratulations for Brio and do share ownership report.
Spot on with the gear shift and ease of city driving!
The only mind-game is when you take it out for a round trip of about 350kms. Kinda burns your pocket, if the trips are more frequent (as in my case [roll]).

Ownership report already doing the rounds. Find the link

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/11529-honda-brio-love-first-drive.html

TC. [drive] safe, with seatbelts on!

Thread Starter #129
If you have 1000 kms + monthly run, should have opted for diesel but this ratio will go up every month price of diesel will increase marginally but annually 10-12%.
Hence keep that Rs 1-1.1 Lac in bank, earn interest. Fuel bill can be taken care for 4 years at least.

On open roads light steering is not good. It should weight up with speed. Figo is second best to Punto, nothing comes closer.

If you have 1000 kms + monthly run, should have opted for diesel but this ratio will go up every month price of diesel will increase marginally but annually 10-12%.
Hence keep that Rs 1-1.1 Lac in bank, earn interest. Fuel bill can be taken care for 4 years at least.

On open roads light steering is not good. It should weight up with speed. Figo is second best to Punto, nothing comes closer.
True about Punto, am waiting for the official Fiat showrooms to be operational, due April this year, to TD a Punto.

During my long drive, the car was stable enough and never was i nervous about having a light steering. It was stable even @ top speed attained of 140kms. I thoroughly enjoy driving this peppy pot around, but the only concern is the Petrol price [roll].

Had there been the surplus amt, i would have gone with Figo TDCi, but it wasnt there. Hence, no point discussing on that.

And isnt a major facelift due for Figo soon? Its been a while with the same simple design, apart from the recent headlamps and new color changes. Any news reagrding this?

Thread Starter #131
Figo will remain like this for another 2 years but between we can get fiesta hatch positioned in between new Fiesta and Figo and overlapping with fiesta classic. In US, fiesta hatch is costlier than sedan but Indian mentality will be blamed for not having this in India. Fusion was amazing vehicle but flopped because it wasn't three box (rather two and half aka: Dezire, Indigo CS.

Figo will remain like this for another 2 years but between we can get fiesta hatch positioned in between new Fiesta and Figo and overlapping with fiesta classic. In US, fiesta hatch is costlier than sedan but Indian mentality will be blamed for not having this in India. Fusion was amazing vehicle but flopped because it wasn't three box (rather two and half aka: Dezire, Indigo CS.
So, once a Fiesta hatch comes into picture, wouldnt it be obvious to phase out Figo, which would look too old in the new gen designs which is doing the rounds? Fluidic which the Italic "H" terms as.

Fusion was an amazing car. One of the few lots, which never clicked here. The other was Getz diesel (overpowered verna engine for that size of the car). [frustration]

Also along with was the pricing and our market acceptability,in todays time this would have been much successor for the space,engine,high GC it offered.

We are a bit more mature as auto market. Fusion was ahead of time, today it make perfect sense.
Very true. But, Ford would not have sensed Indian market those days. Our first priority was FE and always, followed by Space. Then comes, design, looks, power, capacity etc... And sadly, the least bothered is Safety.

That's where Suzuki was holding the market all the time. Slowly Hyundai, then Tata and now all others too. It's great to see that all gaints across the world are looking at India as their growth market and want to launch cars in India and then take to the rest of world.

Ford was much late to realize and gear up to what India wants and the cleaver thing they did was Figo - Which was really a WOW (Wealth Out of Waste...)

If you see, all the components in Figo are nothing but of Fusion and Fiesta. I wonder, have they worked on anything new for Figo, except for localizing the parts (up to 95% I guess) and introduction of Child Parts, which was the big game changer in terms of overall vehicle cost and maintenance cost for the user. With this strategy, they were able to achieve VFM tag which was sorely missing in Suzukis.

Thus, Ford was able to stand up in India with Figo - A better product in the market, with some best in class features and for lesser cost. That's VFM.

Top Bottom