Ford Figo Long Term Ownership & Dealership Review (20K Kms)

Re: Ford Figo Titanium Diamond White Ownership Experience

Going to FASS today afternoon,

said misfiring because it sounds similar to the misfiring in the bike [where you hear a gun shot like blasting sound from silencer]

felt the Ooty steep climbing roads made to drive on 1st or 2nd gear at high RPM which is new to me and my figo may be i red-lined RPM too much and caused it

will update you with the report from FASS tomorrow

left my figo at metro ford on yesterday evening,

they found metal vibrating noise (metal sound coming near engine ) engineer told me that its due to some issue on bearing promised it will be fixed.

today noon got a call from them and they told they are still not able find what caused the misfiring issue, so asked me for some more time for further diagnostics.

asked them to take time till monday morning

waiting

Thread Starter #108

Talk to ford's engineer at Chennai or mail to ford management

Talk to ford's engineer at Chennai or mail to ford management
already spoke to ford helpdesk, they told me to contact ASS and if any issues please call us back

after the misfiring i drove the car for more than 350 kms no problem found and no symptoms of issues
i did drive slowly and fast close to 120 + also all is fine,

moreover some issues cant be regenerated even by SVC or company asked them to check throughly,

Issue Fixed

Earlier i have the following symptom / Issue

* Noticeable lag in initial pickup,
* Idle RPM is dropped slightly
* Felt hard while changing between 2,3 and 4th gear
* once got misfiring blasting sounds from silencer and later not able to generate it.
* sounds like diesel clatter but its not smooth clatter but bit noisy with a metal sound too

Left my car at metro ford @ st.marks road on thursday and on friday they called and said they are not able to find what is the issue and they asked for one more day time told them to take time till monday.

Saturday they promptly called me and said they did further troubleshooting by checking all the components and found the following faulty components need to be replaced
>> Pulley and Adjustment AR @ Rs 1444.63
>> Kit Water pump @ Rs 2329.08
>> Injector.Asy STG 4 @ Rs 11,322.66
>> Timing Belt @ Rs 1363.93
Coolant 50:50 Green replacement @ Rs 1080.30
water wash + wheel alignment check

as per service engineer misfiring and pickup lag was caused as one injector is faulty which was replaced.

Advice for me: while doing steep climb make sure you have at least 60 to 75 % fuel in tank to ensure no issues on fuel supply while climbing steep roads

Outcome
Now engine sound is like how it was at 3000 kms on odo
Pickup is good
gear changing is smooth and precise
those reported issues are no more

total of all replacement comes to 17540.60 Rupees but ford replaced them under warranty so zero spent from my end
complete clean and water wash + wheel alignment covered under TVS ROYAL Sundaram insurance free coverage

all is well thank you guys, any input from experts

and at last during my free roaming time at the service center checked with the on Ecosport arival their reply stays september 2012 it will hit the showrooms

Great. Congratulations.

So the clattering noise was due to faulty Injectors or Timing belts ? both can produce similar noise. Good that they have also replaced the water pump. Generally once u open the thing for timing belt its better to replace the water pump to save future labour cost. I must say you really got a good service from Ford.

Regarding keeping 60-75% of fuel in the steep road - it may not be mandatory as u dont have to have this much of fuel to keep the fuel pressure strong and adequate. Basically ur injector just failed during the over straining or was already in worse condition. But again its better to follow their advice. Prevention is always better :) you can use some fuel injector cleaners of good brands time to time or professionally have them cleaned.

Thread Starter #112

Who says FASS is bad and not upto the mark and Maruti is bench mark.
I have expe rienced very good service so far. Could you believe, Wagon R service bill at Rs. 5000. My friend is paying huge amount for a small car. When looking at this aspect, Figo service is not costly per say.

Enjoy your improved car.

Thread Starter #113
1 Year 12000 Kms Figo Titanium TDCi Review

Almost a year, 12000 kms on Odo, Ford's smallest car in India.

Handling :
Pure bliss, amazing handling, good breaks (due to sudden breaking I was rammed twice from behind once Innova), steering feedback is great, good tire grip.[drive]

Engine :
Very responsive engine with no turbo lag in city. Refined engine though not in the league of new Swift and i20 but once attain optimum temperature range, its super smooth. Clatter doesn't filter in cabin, good insulation. Ample power on highways till 120, car reaches 80 in no time.

FE :
I am heavy footed drivers (Taxi guys say punja mar driver) and I have got 20 on highways and 16 in city. I have never driven car glasses rolled down hence always AC and heater (during winters).[clap]

Issues :
Rattle from rear seat hinges : Was attended perfectly and no sound from anywhere at the moment. I drove car almost for 1000 kms on worst possible roads.
Excessive engine oil consumption : Car is under observation till 14000 kms at the interval of 1000 kms. Previously oil was topped free of cost
Ground clearance : In DDA flats, there are car breakers and I have be careful with full load. Feeling like [gun] the person who constructed these

Service Cost:
Two oil change one @2500 kms and another @10000.
Cost of both the services: 1900+1550= 3450 with 7.6 liter oil, filter change, fuel additive.

Quality of service :
Quality of was good, car was washed neatly, interiors were polished with some shiner. Over all staff is very good. As soon as car arrives at the service station, car is attended by the service adviser.

Facilities in Customer Lounge :
TV, AC, Attached toilet though not very clean but still okay, water, tea and coffee at regular interval. Water is Aqua Guard.

Pampering :
I bought formula one wax, vinyl leather polish, polish for dash and other fiber parts, 3 M teflon coating, and fire extinguisher for emergency. Once in a month I spend 2 hours cleaning inside out, polishing interiors, 3 m polish on outside and then wax.

What I Like :
Handling, space (good for 5.9-10 at front and back).
Suspension is good.
Build is good and at par with the segment
ICE is one of the best stock
Driving position is ergonomically. Virtually no blind spot, clear view of bonnet
Placement of dash is great for road view.

What I miss :
Steering adjustment for reach, height is not an issue.
USB slot but I generally use Aux in when using i Pod touch.
60-40 rear seat split.

What I didn't like :
Really a low slung car with getting in and out can be problematic with persons who have bad back or expecting mothers as for them squatting is not easy. But then this is applicable to all the hatches except Fabia (correct me if I am wrong)

Blessing in disguise :
Rear manual windows are blessings in case of hazard and owner is stuck side the car, one can roll the glasses and come out.

So far I have set in back seat only once for 10 minutes, hence I spend 100 % time in the front.
Figo is good car with VFM tag and cost less than most cars in the segment.
Too Common:
These days’ Figo in general and white in particular is very common. Ford should come up with upgrade but this is unlikely as Ford is busy with Eco Sports till end of this year. That means Figo with no real upgrade for three years and still selling strong is testimony of how wonderful car is.

Attachments

Issue Fixed

Earlier i have the following symptom / Issue

* Noticeable lag in initial pickup,
* Idle RPM is dropped slightly
* Felt hard while changing between 2,3 and 4th gear
* once got misfiring blasting sounds from silencer and later not able to generate it.
* sounds like diesel clatter but its not smooth clatter but bit noisy with a metal sound too
I too had faced first two issues in my Figo Petrol 1.2 recently after second service. I tried to convince this to my SA, but could not. I too doubted the fuel injector. Tried System-G and pickup is regained to good extent. I asked SA to check the pickup and he admitted that there was quite a noticeable improvement. Next is to find out the reason for that drop in pickup. Initial guess is the - bad fuel/petrol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #115
re: Ford Figo long term ownership and dealership review: 20000kms

Guys recently one Biker (was driving pulsar in street mania style) hit car while I was taking U-Turn, car was at zero speed.
He was young chap around 18-19 years, was driving 80-90 km/h. Accident happened at 4 PM. Probably he wanted to squeeze past using the 2 feet gap between half turned car and divider but took right hand side ORVM, front fender, part of front bumper and hit alloy wheel, resulting in damaged shocker, knuckle, alloy wheel. He flung in the air and landed almost good 30 feet from car.

Fortunately boy was unhurt save bruises and scratches (no fracture). This was saving grace. Fortunately for me there was a PCR van right on the spot. Long story of Indian Police accusing bigger vehicle and other non sense stuff.

Decided to take insurance claim. Initially estimate was 35000-36000. Final billing was 25600.
What need to be changed:
Right hand ORVM (electronic)
Right hand side Fender,
Alloy wheel
Knuckle,
Front wheel bearing housed in knuckle
Front Bumper

Labour cost was: 6500 for entire job including pain job on bumper, fender and ORVM.
Cost of Bearing was: 5200. This was not informed by the SA at the time of job card opening and insurance surveyor did not mention anything about it.

While settling bill I was informed by the SA that I will have to pay for the bearing as insurance company doesn't pay for it (consumable).
When this issue was bought under Manager FASS, he told me that I need to pay half of it and rest he will bear.

Total amount I paid: 4556 Rs.
I bought alloy for spare wheel and FASS charged me 6000. In the current bill it was priced at 4250 + 12.5 % service tax. So refund of 1216 Rs.

I wrote to insurance company TATA AIG about the bearing issue, I was told that it is consumable, my second correspondence was a kind of threat (taking legal action) and insurance company agreed to refund the bearing cost directly to me: 5900+.

Ethically I should pay half of it to FASS but these guys have duped me as and when was possible. Hence I am giving second thought about refund of Rs 2900 to FASS.

I lost NCB to the tune of 30 % next year which will be somewhere 4500-5000.

Quality of Work: Good, paint job is very good, fit and finish is very consistent,
Few minor stuff: I got car back with Broken key ring, two small tiger cubs missing from rear seat.

Lesson learned:
Always use hand while taking right turn or U turn as in most likelihood bikers or cars will fail to spot the indicator during daytime.

Family of biker promised me to pay for my share while claiming insurance and I let boy go without FIR (i made a video of accident scene including car's position, gap between divider and car, impact spot, place where biker landed after hitting the car). I yet to hear from those guys. Morons had stopped taking my calls (I called twice). Always take cash then and there.

Never ever trust any FASS. Workmanship is good but they have twenty+ people working at the body shop, many visitors etc. hence never leave anything in the car.

Thread Starter #117

Buddy,
This is horrible. My home was 100 meters from the place biker banged me. I really feel sorry for the families of these bikers (no offense meant) because rider's don't value their life [anger] and sad.

Fortunately so far my car is scratch free after the repair. I am using hand signal while taking right turn or U turn along with indicator. This is best I can do and beyond this, if someone bang the car, I will have to live with it.

We should not get raged. Life is precious than few thousand rupees and pieces of metal and plastic. My logic, if I can buy car, then I can afford to maintain as well.

Moral, don't loose cool and peace of mind.

Thread Starter #118

Guys Good news

Tata Aig paid for the bearing directly to me: Rs 5904.

I paid against this claim: 4538

Total Savings: 1366.

I should pay 2952 to Delhi Ford (half of it as half cost was born by ford), but not planning to do so as Delhi Ford cheated me by charging Rs 6000 for alloy. Cost is 4784[gun]. When I showed the documents and anamoly, Rs. 1216 (6000-4784) was refunded (settled with the insurance bill).

I will accept Rs 1366 as taxi rent for 4 days which my wife had to hire.[clap]

I have two bills for the same part from Ford dealer that too within the span of 15 days. If I approach consumer forum, they are in trouble but don't have time.

Great to know that the figo is serving you well , I have driven this car and I was shocked to see how wonderful the car really is what I loved the most was the clutch and gear box absolutely fantastic smooth and precise gear slotting and it gives you a feel of sports car.
Yes I agree it's really very low slung it has it's disadvantage but the biggest advantage is because of the low slung it handles superb ,just loved the figo .
By Diwali for dis planning a refresh for figo but a entirely new designed car will only come by 2014 .
Have a great and safe time with your figo ,sorry to hear about the misshap and it was a great idea to keep the money with yourself as every a.s.s tries to cheat us sometimes .
Btw what is a regular servicing costing you and what are the things included in it ?

Thread Starter #120

regular service cost around 1500-1600 without labour charges.
Includes
Oil filter change,
Oil change,
Air filter cleaning
check all the fluids
Tyre rotation,
cleaning, washing etc.
Paid service is generally billed at 3000-3500 which is reasonable

Top Bottom