Ford Figo: Hidden Facts & Features

Thread Starter #1
Guys adding some hidden facts of FIGO which some of us may know.

1. The Brake disks/drums are larger on the Titanium.

2. The low fuel warning lights come "on" with some chimes when the DTE shows 80km.

3. The in dash lights have theatre dimming when turned on/off.

4. The lights on the music system and the ODO/Trip/DTE display dims when you turn on the headlights.

5. Most owners find the horn hard to press on the Titanium Variant.

6. The rear bumper is not perfectly aligned on most cars. Similarly the gap between the boot and the rear lights/body are different on left and right sides on most cars.

7. Both side power window switch has a backlight.

8. Even when the ignition key is not inserted you can play the music system. It turns off automatically after an hour when played like this.

9. If the headlights are in "on" position and you turn off the engine only the park lights would stay "on".

10. If you open the door when park lights are "on" you would be notified with some chimes.

11. On Diesels Idle for atleast 30 seconds before starting to drive and before stoping the engine. Its good for the life of the turbo.

12. On Diesels Touch 3K rpm once in a week and maintin it for around 30 seconds. It keeps the exhaust system clean.

13. The rear light console has a few chambers with no bulb.

14. When the car is locked press the lock button on the key twice to make the indicator flash 4 times. Good to identify your car when parked in crowded car parking areas.

15. To open the boot you need to press the button on the key twice. ( I thought this is a defect [:D].

16. The key can be programmed to open all four doors or just the drivers door.

17. All four doors auto lock once the car crosses a speed of 7km/hr. Open the lock on all or one door and the next time you cross 7km/hr speed the doors auto lock again.

18. After a water spray wiping with the wipers they automatically come back "on" after 3 seconds to wiper off the dripping water.

19. The door open lights come on only after the engine is started.

20. Ford has used the steering rod cover from the Fiesta and hence dont get scared when you find a vacant space (hole) where the steering adjustment knob is supposed to be.

21. A Red light would keep blinking on the dash once you turn off the car. Its Ford's Passive Anti Theft System (PATS) at work.

22. You can also time your wiper.

njoy
Jango.

Attachments

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Nice tips. Most of the features in Figo and Fiesta Classic function alike.
5. Most owners find the horn hard to press on the Titanium Variant.
It’s because of the airbag. Press on the extreme corners of center piece to sound horn. You will get used to it after sometime.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Good one Jango... Guess, I read this earlier somewhere, may be FB. Here are some of my views.

2. The low fuel warning lights come "on" with some chimes when the DTE shows 80km. But you can actually cruise more than 80 Kms.

7. Both side power window switch has a backlight. True. But the co-driver window switch on driver's side don't have it.

12. On Diesels Touch 3K rpm once in a week and maintin it for around 30 seconds. It keeps the exhaust system clean. Not sure it's for exhaust system as I head this keeps the fuel injector clean. Experts may comment.

19. The door open lights come on only after the engine is started. Sorry... What do you mean by this?

Thread Starter #4
Figoian The door open lights come on only after the engine is started. Sorry... What do you mean by this?

I mean when the car is turned off and if a door is not closed properly it does not indicate in the dashboard console. This indication comes only if the engine is idle.

Jango.

350Z

Core Team
Should be, as both would be more or less same. Just try it.
My Fiesta Classic is different from what New Classic offers. I don’t think it will function on mine. Plus, ownership manual has no reference of it either.

Drive Safe,
350Z

My Fiesta Classic is different from what New Classic offers. I don’t think it will function on mine. Plus, ownership manual has no reference of it either.

Drive Safe,
350Z
This isn't a part of User Manual, may be just explored by some curious Enthusiast by trial & error I guess.

I think How to see engine temperature and battery voltage in Figo (+ lots of other read outs) is a Chit code kind of thing.

In the manual it is not mentioned. You can follow the procedure if realy want to see the engine temperature and battery voltage. I think use case will be very minimal.

Amit,

I think How to see engine temperature and battery voltage in Figo (+ lots of other read outs) is a Chit code kind of thing.

In the manual it is not mentioned. You can follow the procedure if realy want to see the engine temperature and battery voltage. I think use case will be very minimal.

Amit,
It would be part of the service manual. They do have these codes to test all the parts are functioning correctly. The service manual is different from the owner's manual and are generally not shared. However in most cases can be bought on the internet.

I have the one for Honda Jazz (bought on ebay) and one setting lights up all the instrument clusters like a Christmas tree.

It would be part of the service manual.

However in most cases can be bought on the internet.
if you have it, can you please share a link for the Service Manual Ford Figo??

the manual has 23 books in total. i am most interested in the ECU and the electrical system in particular.

Ark!

Have you guys ever hooked up any OBD scanner after taking delivery ?
Well I did and to my surprise a fault code was present.
At first I was little shocked but then when I looked up the code on Internet - was relaxed[:D]

The code was : B2680 ( Odometer Changed ).
The search result provided a pdf document on Ford Figo General Service Bulletin which says :

"Should the Technician during PDI, detect the following Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) stored in the Power Control Module (PCM):

• B2680-60: Odometer Changed.

and the fault code cannot be cleared with the IDS.
Do NOT to replace the Instrument Cluster (IC) or carry out any repairs as it does not affect the performance of the vehicle.

Thought of sharing it in case anyone noticed the same.

This is a useful information to have. I generally scan for fault codes every 6 months or so (not in a Figo), so would be useful to owners like me.

ifti_sit:
can you tell me where to purchase a OBD scanner? i am based from kolkata. so any kolkata shop or online..

with the OBD tool, can you reprogram the ECU? or is it just for viewing parameters?

Top Bottom