Ford Figo Got Banged TWICE in 3 Days...

Thread Starter #1
Ah….Here is my story of last (sad) week.

Last Tuesday, I was heading to work like any other day and joining ORR with a ‘U’ Turn from Service Road @ Kasturi Nagar. Saw a Logan (Airport Taxi) getting over the hump just near the ‘U’ turn and so I moved to join the ORR. All of a sudden one biker came from nowhere, overtaking that Logan from left side and hit me from behind. With the sound, I could realize that it’s not something simple.

The biker was on road. got up and all helped him to get to the corner. I then look at my car. The rear bumper is out. Dislocated with deep scratch and dent. My heart was too.

2012-07-10 10.12.47.jpg

2012-07-10 10.14.56.jpg

Then the dialogue starts. I was as polite as possible, but that was not the case with the other side (biker). The taxi guy stopped too (he got a dent in the Front-Left Wheel Arch, but was negligible) and started supporting me with few more spectators on the spot. That biker seems to be educated and speaking in English, but was very rude and not ready for any compromise. In the mean time, he called someone and couple of guys appeared in an Omni. One of them started getting in to the discussion and when I enquired about his presence in this matter, he gave me a stale look and “ordered” me to get away and claim insurance for the loss. Sooner, the biker also become more aggressive (than before) and started threatening me that I am an outsider and know how to deal it with me. And left from there saying, “make a note of my bike number and do whatever you want”.

I realized that no point in talking further, noted his number and went to KR Puram Traffic Police station. Filed a complaint and the SI assured me that will trace him and get for a discussion ASAP.

Went to Ford Dealer with some hopes.

Ford Dealer: We need to change the entire bumper sir It can be fixed. (As usual). I insisted him to try fixing it and they added an additional washer and fixed the bumper somehow. But the right side end, which is screwed, is broken as separate piece, and can’t be fixed. Looked awfully better, but not as how it was an hour back. However, the dent and scratches were clearly visible, no fixes possible.

On Thursday, KR Puram SI called me and said we traced the address. But unfortunately, it’s of Mysore registration and we can’t do much about it. Funny isn’t it??? But that’s how it works.

Friday morning, got a quick fix glue and tried fixing the broken piece with the bumper. Worked! But was wondering for how long, and thought to leave it till it can.

Friday evening, I was heading to home like any other day and was pouring. I was crawling on Whitefield Road and almost stationary. Another BANGGGG… And this time the sound was even worse and haunting. It was a Sumo (Taxi) with his front Bumper Guard (sharp one) poking the rear of my car. Lost hopes and pulled it over. A deep dent on the Rear Bumper and HATCH. The impact was that the hatch back had bent with a slight change in the shape.

2012-07-16 11.28.31.jpg

2012-07-16 11.28.39.jpg

Dialogues starts again and this time it was more of a monologue. He was not even ready to respond. I was shouting at him in pouring rain and he was sitting inside his car and not even ready to come out to see the damage. Same words again. Bangalore is like this, go do whatever you want.

With no sign of police or any other support around, I had to give away, ONCE AGAIN.

Went home with a thought that, I am not going to do anything for this damage. Let it remain as it is. But that thought is no more valuable the next morning. I open the dickey, and will not get closed again. The impact and dent is not only in the tail gate, but also on the inner beading, which will prevent the dickey to get back to its original place. Tried all ways and did it HARDER than possible for couple of times to get it locked. But that won’t work all the time, so had no choice than fixing it.

Yesterday, went to Ford and handed her for body shop work. Any guess on the estimate??? 27K.
Wondering what for? The estimate reads it as replacing bumper and the entire hatch back. I countered saying it should just be a tinkering and painting work, for which he said, the insurance surveyor will decide on it.

This morning, I was informed by Ford that the survey is done and they have decided to replace the bumper and repair the dickey with tinkering and painting work. Yet no information from the insurance company on the estimated cost and my share on it. Eagerly waiting for the same.

I can’t really digest why would I pay and suffer for something has no mistake of mine. And most importantly, how people are so careless and rude even if they are wrong? I would try to forget it even if they would have tried to apologize for what happened. On top of all, I am being treated as an alien in my own country. That’s only in our country. Today, I have given my car for service, pay for it as well, loose No Claim Bonus, and travel in Auto/Bus for a week. All for no fault of mine.

PS: Automobiles are on road and accidents are inevitable. Let's at least be civilized enough to handle the situation? We should also remember that, if it's me today, it can be you tomorrow. Please be courteous at least.

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
Sad but the truth, there are umpteen morons on our roads. Be it on a bike or UV. I appreciate that you tried to avoid road rage inspite of the loss and the fact that the other person was at fault. I’m surprised that the Logan driver let that biker flee away from the spot. Normally cab drivers quickly loose their temper and unite in such situations. You should have also noted the number of Sumo driver and reported to the Police. At least it was KA registered? Hope to see the car back in shape soon.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #3
You should have also noted the number of Sumo driver and reported to the Police. At least it was KA registered? Hope to see the car back in shape soon.

Drive Safe,
350Z
@350Z: I did. But didn't report... My mind was just not working right that time with such repeated incidents. BTW, the earlier bike was also from KA (KA09 - Mysore). BTP won't work beyond Bangalore jurisdiction it seems. Moreover, they consider all these to be lesser even than a petty case.

If I should move forward, either I should spend or should have some political background. Don't think it's worth doing in either case.

Don't waste time in reporting, try and settle then and there and if guy is adamant and bully, let it go. No point getting killed for few thousands.

Hi figoian,

Its really unfortunate and can understand your state of mind! It was your sheer bad luck that you encountered wrong set of people on both the occassions! God forbid road sense for few morons out there! It really makes life pathetic for others. Your experience is a lesson to many of us here! But sad part is this came at a cost and pain to you! Wish that your car is back to glory soon and you start driving your beloved car; thats the best way to forget the mishappening!

Thread Starter #6
Thanks for the compassion guys.

Now that my car is undergoing surgeries, it's time to think about the insurance company's play. They will surely come out with empty hands in many situations such as consumables, plastic parts, depreciation etc.

AFAIK for now, Bumper will be 50%. As they will paint the entire tail gate, the holograms to be replaced and they charge for those as well, which is again 50%.

What else to expect? And any tips to negotiate with them? I am with Bajaj Allianz.

dont worry your car will be back to original condition . i know what you're mind is going through because i too faced similar situation dont feel guilt and dont think even though it was not you fault and that fool brought bunch of friends and told you so much and that you couldnt do any thing . you didnt do any thing to him this shows your professionalism and that you are a gentleman
ahh you reminded me of that day when gas cylinder auto hit a dent . i was approaching towards my home and it was a T junction , taking right turn would lead to my house and just then my car got a dent by me [:D]

Thanks for the compassion guys.

Now that my car is undergoing surgeries, it's time to think about the insurance company's play. They will surely come out with empty hands in many situations such as consumables, plastic parts, depreciation etc.

AFAIK for now, Bumper will be 50%. As they will paint the entire tail gate, the holograms to be replaced and they charge for those as well, which is again 50%.

What else to expect? And any tips to negotiate with them? I am with Bajaj Allianz.
dont worry your car will be back to original condition . i know what you're mind is going through because i too faced similar situation dont feel guilt and dont think even though it was not you fault and that fool brought bunch of friends and told you so much and that you couldnt do any thing . you didnt do any thing to him this shows your professionalism and that you are a gentleman
ahh you reminded me of that day when gas cylinder auto hit a dent . i was approaching towards my home and it was a T junction , taking right turn would lead to my house and just then my car got a dent by me[:D]

Last edited by a moderator:
First let me know, does your car still run with MH reg number ? If yes no one would care as they know you are from a different state. This had happened with me too.

Police would not come into such discussions. So how much does the insurance company pay for the damage ?

Ahh...maannnnn. It hurts to see car damaged. Mine was damaged last monday and is still with TASS will get it tomorrow. Mine boot damaged quite badly and I got same resolution from SA as yours. Replace the boot. Boot frame is damaged. [surprise]. Initial estimate was 20k and will also loose mine no-claim bonus. SA said I would have to pay 10% of total repair cost. [cry]

Hey figoian don't worry your car will be fine and back with you soon.As already said it's a very good move that you stayed out of roadrage,the time never remains the same and keeps on changing.The attitude that these moroons have will definitely make them in trouble some day because people like these keep on doing these things,and one day they will definitely regret.
Don't feel that you din't do anything,it was your temprament that you kept cool and avoided trouble.As far as police is concerned don't expect much from these people,they are just doing their duty because they have to,there is no sense of responsibility.
Me too faced situations like these and just waiting for the time to change.

Hi Figoian, its really a bad week for you. Hope you come out of this incident sooner. Being an outsider anywhere in India it is tougher when we involve in minor/major accidents. The best thing you can do is forget about all the incident and love your ride in the city. If you work in Whitefield, we can meet someday.

take comprehensive insurance (utilize it if the cost comes close to or above 10000)

Do not go to the nearby Elite ford dealer, i suggest you to go and get work done at metro ford st.marks road they are too good at fixing this sort of dents and helpful for accidental claims (my personal experience)

I had a zero depreciation policy and paid Rs 1000 as file charges nothing else. Tata Aig policy is good. For IDV of Rs 510000, I paid 14500 with Zero Dep policy for one year old Car.

People must go for Zero Dep policy. Otherwise I was suppose to pay 50 % of the consumables and bumper job.

Top Bottom