Ford Figo 1.2 Petrol - Panther Black My First Love

From past fifteen days engine sound has increased in my car and I got horrible mileage of 11.8-12Kmpl without AC on weekend trip to Virajpet, anybody knows why sudden change in engine sound and drop in mileage. I'll visit A.S.S this weekend.
Roads to Virajpet was horrible I'm able to hear rattling sound on the roof above driver's head and from rear don't know the exact place of rattle.
It seems like your car needs servicing. Engine noise could because of more density of the engine oil.

Thread Starter #47
First service details in brief check post # 30. In short Total Kilometers on odo: 2476Kms
Servicing Date: 31st Dec 2010.
Today I completed 5000KM on the ODO. I'll visit FASS this weekend to get engine noise and squeaking sound fixed.
I use car only once or twice in a week is this could be reason for increase in engine noise? Experts please advice.

350Z

Core Team
I use car only once or twice in a week is this could be reason for increase in engine noise? Experts please advice.
When I bought my new car, it was used barely three to five times in cities per month. It didn’t develop any such noise. So that rules out this possibility. You should get it checked anyways.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #49
Car was sent for check-up yesterday for Engine noise, low mileage, rattling problem above driver's head and rear shocks squeaking issue. Car was picked from home and dropped at office.
Talked to Service representative over phone explanation given to me for above mentioned problems
  • Engine noise - Issue with engine belt, it is aligned properly after investigating.
  • Low Mileage - Ford has some different name for OBD I dont remember, SR mentioned some sensor showed error its has been corrected via to OBD (On-Board Diagnostic's System).
  • Both rattling and shock squeaking noise is fixed as per TSB (Technical service bulletin) given by Ford.

I'll go for short drive on week-end to confirm all issues are sorted out.

I'm looking for flexible mudflaps for Figo its not available with service center, checked couple of accessories shop no luck. Please suggest me any place where I can get flexible mudflaps for Figo.

Any updates buddy , have all the issues been sorted out now?

And mudflaps try searching some more accessory shops. I don't know whether there are specifically made for Figo ones but try out the ones used for SUV'S , don't know whether it will suit the car though.

figo lxi doesnt come in red color?

hi i am looking for new car after owning palio el for 5 years ,went for figo lxi test ride yesterday,i asked whether i can get red color the salesperson told me first that they dont call red color as lxi is the least sold model asked me to go for higher end model.when i insisted she told me that lxi comes only in white color so no options.is it true please help .i m from bhopal and talking about sai ford dealer,sole dealer in bhopal.

@dhaya whats difference in SUV mudflaps??
@tpsbpl buddy welcome to TAI and i never heard that figo lxi comes only in white!!

AMG

Suspended
Re: figo lxi doesnt come in red color?

hi i am looking for new car after owning palio el for 5 years ,went for figo lxi test ride yesterday,i asked whether i can get red color the salesperson told me first that they dont call red color as lxi is the least sold model asked me to go for higher end model.when i insisted she told me that lxi comes only in white color so no options.is it true please help .i m from bhopal and talking about sai ford dealer,sole dealer in bhopal.

He is lying. Figo.
LXi comes in all colours.

@ Umang I meant to say the mudflaps which are used in SUV'S , they are much bigger in size. They are used sometimes in rally cars i guess. Get it?

@ tpsbpl I think there is something fishy! The dealer maybe having an unsold Lxi model white color and they are trying to push it off to you!

Thread Starter #55
@tpsbpl: Figo LXI is available in all colors like other Figo variants, I guess dealer is trying to sell unsold White Lxi as Cooldhaya mentioned.

Most of the car accessories shop has screw type mudflaps, Figo has clip type mudflaps.
I have observed PUNTO mudflaps are flexible, any Punto owners could you please confirm whether punto has screw or clip type mudflaps?

350Z

Core Team
Re: figo lxi doesnt come in red color?

You’re better off doing business with some other nearby Ford Dealership or ask firmly with them about this, because, there’s no mention about this on website or brochure. She either was trying to act smart or does not have the authenticated information at all. They were possibly insisting to upgrade you to upper variant because they have better scope to earn margins then.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #59
Rattling is back with glory[frustration], need to visit FASS again.
Any punto owners on TAI, could you please confirm whether punto has screw or clip type mudflaps?

Mileage figures i'll update soon.

Thread Starter #60
This month i'll be celebrating First birthday of my black beauty, I'm planning to gift her a set of alloys.
I've selected HRS H476 model 14" PCD 108, i'll stick with stock MRF 175/65/R14 tyres.
source: Mag Wheels,Automotive Wheels,Aluminum Alloy Wheels,Car Chrome Wheels,Supplier
I'll be shipping these alloys for SAI MAG WHEELS located in DELHI, any TAI'ians from Delhi has and feedback about this alloy dealer? Dealer will deliver the alloys to door step within 7days via VRL.

Attachments

Top Bottom