Ford Figo 1.2 Petrol - Panther Black My First Love

Thread Starter #16
Akash, Michelin X1 is around 5K+ per Tyre, I've heard many compliant its sidewall are weak. Stock rim is 5.5J i guess 195width easily fits, by concern is does it overkill the look and not sure about comfort level.

Why do you want to upsize the rims?
As for Michelin, i dont know about the exact price, but you will have to stretch your budget if you want them. They offer higher comfort levels as compared to Bridgestones, but IMO stay away from them if you running is on bad stretches.

Thread Starter #18
On Stock rim(5.5J) i'm planning for 185 or 195 tyre size, here in Bangalore at present roads are in very bad condition due to metro construction so strict No No to Michelin [gun]after checking many reviews getting positive feedback for continental CPC which is available only 195/60/R14 size in 14 inch [anger]

You are upsizing rims just because Continental isnt available?
Friend Yokohama and Potenza too offer a good ride comfort. Personally i would go for Yokohama rather than CPC. Sorry for adding to the your confusion, but i couldnt help it. Anyways let others too give their opinions so that you will get a more concrete result.

Thread Starter #22
Installed Fog lights on my car from accessory shop.
I've attached couple of interior pics sorry don't have camera all pics took via Phone[embarass].
Total mileage: ~970, calculated FE tank full to tank full method getting 13.9Kmpl 50% city b2b traffic with 50% AC On and 50% highway drive without AC. I'm a spirited driver doesn't bother about mileage unless its month end [cry]

Attachments

On Stock rim(5.5J) i'm planning for 185 or 195 tyre size, here in Bangalore at present roads are in very bad condition due to metro construction so strict No No to Michelin [gun]after checking many reviews getting positive feedback for continental CPC which is available only 195/60/R14 size in 14 inch [anger]
On 5.5J, don't try to put 195. 185 is the max be put on 5.5J. For 195, must upgrade to 6J rim.

Now, continental CPC2 is excellent tyre, but I think it doesn't come in 185 width. My suggestion, check Appollo Accelere and Yoko-A Drive.
XM1+ is an excellent tyre in comfort. Life is also comparable to others, but it pricey.

Thread Starter #24
On 5.5J, don't try to put 195. 185 is the max be put on 5.5J. For 195, must upgrade to 6J rim.

Now, continental CPC2 is excellent tyre, but I think it doesn't come in 185 width. My suggestion, check Appollo Accelere and Yoko-A Drive.
XM1+ is an excellent tyre in comfort. Life is also comparable to others, but it pricey.

Thanks RSM for valuable feedback, as of now dropped tyre upgrade plan - no vitamin M[cry]

Good thing you have gone in for fog lamps , it can prove handy at times!

Your seat covers are looking good and your FE since you are a spirited driver i think its definitely on the lesser side.

And hey i see a RF AMP in your car! Tell us about your ICE setup!

350Z

Core Team
I'm a spirited driver doesn't bother about mileage unless its month end [cry]
Nice one. :biggrin: How much did the installation of fog lamps cost? And I liked the choice of your car’s red and black interior theme; it goes well the OE equipments like instrument cluster.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #27
Thanks Cooldhaya and 350Z selected seat cover design and color a day prior and executed it on next day, neat job done by Glamour accessories.
Ice setup i've mentioned in my first ownership quote no problem will mention it once again, sorry cant post any pics as of now will post pics soon[;)].
Headunit: Kenwood 546 BT
Front Speakers: Polk DB 571 5”X7” tailor made fit in front doors
Rear Speakers: Polk DB 691 6”X9” on wooden plank @ rear
Amplifier: Rockford Fosgate Prime R300-4channel Amp
Wiring: Ghost wires

Fog setup cost approximately 1K including wiring and roots relay/cutout.
I would like to share excelsheet about Car-maintenance but i'm not able to upload, just added a screenshot of it, if any parameters are missing please feel free to add and update the sheet.

Attachments

Hey Excel sheet is looking impressive , have you also added maintenance cost too in that list?

Very good job , finally we will able to calculate the fuel costs incurred along with maintenance cost totally starting from day1!

Try mailing it to the moderators , they will upload it on your behalf.

Thread Starter #29
Need suggestion,
1> I'm getting Hissing sound when i turn steering position to Max while reversing or moving forward in both directions(Left & Right). I observed this issue from past two days.
2> Sound comes when brakes are applied, its irritating. Started after a long trip to Bangalore-Mysore-Nanjangud-Mysore-Bangalore week back ~350Kms roads between Mysore-Nanjangud was horrible(21-22Km). Sound may be due to dust in brakepads will do pressurized water wash this weekend and check.
Any Figo owners facing these problems?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #30
Ownership report of 2500Kms.
First service done after a long trip of 600+ Kms.
Mileage Details - Tankfull to tankfull method,
1. Distance covered ~400Kms
a. Speed 120-140Km/Hr
b. Avg 13.7Kmpl (60%Highway w/o AC and 40% city with AC)
2. Distance covered ~335Km
a. Speed 80-110Km/Hr
b. Avg 15.5Kmpl (70%highway with AC and 30% city w/o AC)

Total Kilometers on odo: 2476Kms
Date: 31st Dec 2010
Service provider: Lathangi Ford, Bannerghatta road-Bangalore

Service Experience @ Lathangi Ford:

· Service representative is kind and answers all our queries.
· Road test is arranged to check squeaks
· We can watch the car while servicing from customer lounge (similar to 1st floor balcony) customers not allowed in car washing section.

Complaints registered:
· Squeaking noise from rear passenger head room, rattling near Glovebox
· Brake functioning is hard when applied at high speeds (feels like stepping on brick)
· Small crack on front headlight glass and a portion of paint chipped off on bonnet
After Service experience -
· Squeaking noise were fixed
· Brakes pad was washed with pressurized water, response was same. SR informed they will replace brake pads under warranty (I was in hurry, so informed them to replace on my next visit to SC)
· Front headlight glass not covered under warranty, SR informed it was cracked due to small stone hitting. SR took photo of paint chipping on bonnet and told me they will mail to ford and will give me an update.
After coming home from SC, when I was applying the car cover I observed 6"LX3"B scratch on the left-hand side of the rear bumper. I knew definitely it would have happened during washing the car, I’ve seen cars were lined up in narrow lane for washing. Informed the same to SR he assured it will be taken care.
Invoice details:
Engine Oil(3.8Ltrs) - 636.12
Engine oil filter - 116
Total incl VAT - 854.

I visited SC today to replace brakepad under warranty and showed them the scratches made during first service. SC informed they will paint the rear bumper and the paint chipped part on bonnet. I need to leave vehicle for one day, informed SC I’ll leave car in next week for paintjob.
When I started the car at SC my fog lights fuse conked off, got a 20W fuse for SC without any charges. Overall experience is good with Ford Authorized Service center, need to visit Ford bodyshop next week for paintjob.

First and last photo old brake pads no manufacturer name on them.
Second photo new brake pads mfgd by motorcraft.

Attachments

Top Bottom