Ford Fiesta Facelift 2014 Launched. Price: Rs.7.69 Lakh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ford Fiesta Facelift Coming To India in 2014

Thank you very much for the information Bopanna. I too like the Fiesta in its Hatchback form but sadly we won't get it. As you already know Indian public is not going to spend more than 10L for a hatchback :) . I really like the ride & handling of the Ford Fiesta, I am very much impressed about its steering system which is bolstered by Electric Power Assist Steering (EPAS), which activates only when steering assistance is required, saving energy and subsequently fuel consumption in the process. That's why steering feels light in city traffic & weighs up as you pick up speeds.

Ford has also cut the noise and vibration in the latest version of the fiesta. Things like these, are making me overlook its negatives.

Yes you are right, it is not a big improvement but what I feel is, It is acceptable when compared to previous taillight design which looks narrow & ugly.. Frankly speaking I even tried to like it over a period of time but that ugly taillight design didn't grow up on me :).

Source: paultan.org

2014 Ford Fiesta Sedan:

View attachment 118279

Attachments

Last edited:

No matter how many videos I saw on YouTube, Ford Fiesta ST always manages to come on Top in ride & handling department.
The Fiesta ST is really hot on its heels, this is the first time a FWD car without mechanical slip differential is taking a RWD Subaru BRZ/Toyota GT 86 and the worlds best handling FWD race car Renault Clio RS200 head ON,no other FWD car manufacturer can do a Fiesta ST magic again its Fords patented suspension system and rear axle thats so strong enough to keep Fiesta rock solid even if its cocking a wheel, truly FORD should be credited to the max for delivering such a brilliant FWD car

The Fiesta ST is really hot on its heels, this is the first time a FWD car without mechanical slip differential is taking a RWD Subaru BRZ/Toyota GT 86 and the worlds best handling FWD race car Renault Clio RS200 head ON,no other FWD car manufacturer can do a Fiesta ST magic again its Fords patented suspension system and rear axle thats so strong enough to keep Fiesta rock solid even if its cocking a wheel, truly FORD should be credited to the max for delivering such a brilliant FWD car
Yes, I agree with you...Fiesta is the best drivers car for the money you put in...not just the handling, even the seats wrap around you & won't let you slide off [:)]. I like the interior too, I don't want to brag more about it, Overall I like Fiesta & Focus ST as a complete package.Recently Honda has launched it's city & I don't know how will it compete against Ford in handling with its cycle tyres [:D] . The only car that can compete with Ford Fiesta in the C segment is the Fiat Linea. Both the cars have very good ride & handling characteristics. Linea has the weight advantage. But to me, as always Fiesta is more involving to drive & comfortable to roam around in city traffic.

I felt nostalgic when I saw this video...

Ford Fiesta Through the Generations...

Morphed! Ford's Fiesta through the generations - YouTube

Last edited:

I am posting a few pics of the 2014 Ford Fiesta Sedan...

According to me, the taillight design looks a bit old school when compared to the competition, but overall it looks better than the previous gen Fiesta.

Ford-Fiesta-1.5-Sport-and-Titanium-016.jpg

Ford-Fiesta-1.5-Sport-and-Titanium-050.jpg

As Ford goes by one car global concept, I think they would retain the same alloy wheel design for India too..
Ford-Fiesta-1.5-Sport-and-Titanium-023.jpg

Except for the rear, I feel that the Car looks really nice when viewed from the front or the side.
Ford-New-Fiesta-Sedan-2014-34.jpg

2014+Ford+Fiesta+1.5L+Titanium+Sedan-6425981317.jpg

And finally, here is the interior of the Malaysian Ford Fiesta.
Ford-Fiesta-1.5-Sport-and-Titanium-028.jpg

source: paultan.org, blogauto.co.pr ,Ayosdito.ph

Last edited:

I am posting a few pics of the 2014 Ford Fiesta Sedan...

According to me, the taillight design looks a bit old school when compared to the competition, but overall it looks better than the previous gen Fiesta.
Fiesta sedan for 2014 will have a lesser price tag than the current one in entry level models but the on shown in pictures with white leather seats etc might come as some Titanium Optional and will be the most costly C sedan in India, thats where it gets let down, Ecosports has already localized 60 % parts of Fiesta sedan just sheet metal,suspension,seats,interior trims etc are new so it should be rather cheap but from the information I got new face lift Fiesta will have a huge price tag in the highest trim probably the costliest of all C sedans.
Another thing is advertising,Ford advertises Fiesta as a family car with mileage, thats is the biggest blunder a company like Ford does, I think Ford should advertise Fiesta with a good drivers car oriented add showing its just not show but technologically and luxury wise capable too
The sad thing is Fiesta ecoboost sedan wont come to India until 2015 July, almost confirmed
The Vento TSI is a real jem of a car, too bad Ford didnt put a Fiesta ecoboost sedan in the segment
Ford could have lured a lot of people to take Fiesta face lift sedan since Ecosport hike had already lured a lot of customers into show rooms

About Linea vs Fiesta, Linea has better brakes and better steering but its too heavy to stay in control so Fiesta is more agile but not accurate as Linea, Fiesta has a ride that can easily match Linea but the suspension sound in Linea is irritating but Fiesta is calm and sublime, Fiesta has better AC better music system and much better diesel and Ecoboost engine, the other big issue with Fiat is its gearbox its really notchy compared to Fiesta

new face lift Fiesta will have a huge price tag in the highest trim probably the costliest of all C sedans.
I don't think Ford will repeat the same mistake again, I remember Ford India ceo Joginder singh saying that " Fiesta is a very niche product & it appeals to a premium class of customers." He also mentioned that India is the export hub for many countries in the world. They have a strategy of increasing the localization. They know that Fiesta was ignored because of its higher price tag. They will be watching Honda, Hyundai & other C segment contenders & come up with a competitive price. And 1.5TDCI engine is completely localised...but not the Ecoboost. Ecoboost is still an import. So Fiesta shares the same engines from the Ecosport. So there is going to be a heavy localization, thanks to ecosport...If you compare the spare parts cost of Honda, then Ford will be always cheaper ! Existing Ford Fiesta 1.5 TDCi Titanium version in Hyderabad costs 12.30 lakh OTR (without discount) you can order it straight from factory for this price. They might omit leather seats or some other unwanted goodies to keep the price competitive. So you can expect Facelift Diesel Titanium version to cost 13 or 13.50 lakhs OTR at the max.

I get to know Ford India's Intentions through this video..

"CEO On The Drive - On The Drive With Ford India's Joginder Singh"

CEO On The Drive - On The Drive With Ford India's Joginder Singh - YouTube

Last edited:

I don't think Ford will repeat the same mistake again, I remember Ford India ceo Joginder singh saying that " Fiesta is a very niche product & it appeals to a premium class of customers." He also mentioned that India is the export hub for many countries in the world. They have a strategy of increasing the localization. They know that Fiesta was ignored because of its higher price tag. They will be watching Honda, Hyundai & other C segment contenders & come up with a competitive price. And
13-13.5 lakh on road thats itself is a very hefty price tag, here in Trivandrum the on road price of current Fiesta is 12.12 lakh for full option diesel and 11.42 lakh for power shift AT full option
The information I got is that base models like Trend and Ambient may become really cheap but anything upwards of Titanium is going to be costlier than competition, I even asked whether its confirmed and he was pretty sure that 2014 Face lift Fiesta will be priced more than current gen Volkswagen Vento/verna/Rapid/Sunny/SX4 but service cost will be very low same as Ecosport
Ecoboost will cost 50k more than 1.5 manual petrol sedan
he also assured that Ford India will price new Figo very aggressively but not Fiesta as they still consider Fiesta a premium car for Indian customer
My best guess suggest that Fiesta facelift petrols will cost 1 lakh extra to all same Ecosport petrol variants and diesels will cost around 1.5 lakh extra to similar diesel
Ecosport siblings

The UK pricing shows that Ford is pricing comparable trims of Fiesta and Ecosport similarly.

Ecosport: Titanium 1.0L Ecoboost : 15,995 GBP
Fiesta: 5-door Titanium 1.0L Ecoboost hatch: 15,545 GBP

Remember that Fiesta sedan is priced cheaper that Fiesta hatch in US. Moreover, Ford India has achieved a greater degree of localization for 2013 Fiesta compared to 2012 one. Indian market factors like importance of space. So I think the Fiesta sedan's top-level trim's price will be comparable to Ecosport in India too.

I think Fiesta will be more expensive because there is no tax benefit (Above 4mts). Especially Bangalore & Hyderabad have high taxes [frustration]. And the quality of the interior, fit & finish will be much better in fiesta when compared to Ecosport. There won't be any cost cutting in Fiesta that's one reason for higher price tag. Actually the paper price of existing Fiesta is 12.56 OTR in hyd, but after some negotiations & due to poor sales of fiesta...sales rep gave me a price of 12.30. In addition to that is the declining rupee, rise in inflation & I don't know how It would be after elections... I mean march has to pass to get to know about the new financial year. Keeping all this in mind, I said 13-13.50 lakhs..I agree Ford is going to increase the localization which helps them to price it close to the competitors

@1989rs500
We can't say that Ford will be the most expensive C segment sedan..Right now Hyundai Verna is nothing less, Infact it costs 50,000/- more than Ford here in Hyd. If inflation is hitting Ford then it will hit all others too. Now, we have to wait & see how Honda prices its city in January. I feel there will be a close competition.

Last edited:

I think Fiesta will be more expensive because there is no
@1989rs500
We can't say that Ford will be the most expensive C segment sedan..Right now Hyundai Verna is nothing less, Infact it costs 50,000/- more than Ford here in Hyd. If inflation is hitting Ford then it will hit all others too. Now, we have to wait & see how Honda prices its city in January. I feel there will be a close competition.
Actually I too wish the same to happen COMPETITION! but the birdie who gave me this information is quiet reliable as the info he passed about Ecosport was new perfect

This birdie to is a Ford fan so he too really wished Ford to make Fiesta a great option but he is pretty sure that FIPL is not going to make Fiesta a value car, they are still telling Fiesta as a premium car which actually it is JUST IF IT HAD SPACE

considering a short person like me 5.6 feet I am pretty satisfied with Fiesta sedan so I am really happy with it, about quality the facelift definitely has better quality than current gen Fiesta but he doubts that it is still a far cry from German quality, he says The US version of Fiesta has quality to match Germans with ease but the Thai made ones are just class competitive not at all excellent

I dont think the C segment market will be hot for atleast 2-3 years to come as the already launched products have enough room in the market like
Best space-Nissan Sunny or Renault Scala
Best Power- Vento or Rapid or Verna
Best Value- Verna
Best VFM- SX4,new Honda City diesel
Best reliability- Honda all the way
Best overall car- Skoda Rapid
The rapid and Vento are extremely difficult to beat because they are too good, what they lack is a little bit of excitement in design and Service, but other wise the German cousins are unbeatable, they have really good price tag, a TDi beast up front, the best built quality,the most solid cabin with best quality fit and finish, all essential features with best in class luxury features like all windows 1 touch up/down and anti pinch ones,
Good mileage, the best AT in the world the DSG boxes(issues aside),Classic exterior which Indians love, a very much admirable badge, nice bumper to bumper warranty etc
Infact even though I like Ford the Vento/Rapid is simply a better all rounder than Fiesta

But being perfect is boring at times and I feel Skoda/VW to be too professional in nature so I STILL LOVE BEING SEEN INSIDE A FIESTA

Here is the greatest surprise, Ford has already gone further in Malaysia the Getrag is now mated with 1.0 ecoboost 125 ps version and the report suggests its superb to drive and yet not as jerky as the powershift 1.5 TiVCT, so Ford ecoboost powershift might find a lot of buyers in Europe and USA most significantly, not much in India though but I think Ford is closing the gap with VW in terms of AT transmissions
DRIVEN: 2014 Ford Fiesta 1.0 EcoBoost in Chiang Mai

The Powershift will definitely mask the turbo lag of the 1.0L Ecoboost and make it very drivable i n the city - at the cost of higher noise. Nice to see a highway FE of 17.2 kmpl! They are anticipating it to have 7 airbags too. Malaysian market is willing to pay what amounts to 19Lakh INR for this - but won't do for Indian market. Indian think is that more the price, more the size. No wonder Ford won't launch this combo in Indian market in any hurry.

The 2014 Fiesta was launched in Sep in Malaysia but without Ecoboost option - it came 3 months later - will Ford follow the same pattern in India ?

Last edited:

The Powershift will definitely mask the turbo lag of the 1.0L Ecoboost and make it very drivable i n the city - at the cost of higher noise. Nice to see a highway FE of 17.2 kmpl! They are anticipating it to have 7 airbags too. Malaysian market is willing to pay what amounts to 19Lakh INR for this - but won't do for Indian market. Indian think is that more the price, more the size. No wonder Ford won't launch this combo in Indian market in any hurry.

The 2014 Fiesta was launched in Sep in Malaysia but without Ecoboost option - it came 3 months later - will Ford follow the same pattern in India ?
Sure and as from this review they felt it not as powerful as a 125 hp car thats due to inherent long gearing found in the ecoboost engine but even with that I think ecoboost powershift is quite a lot better than one might actually think
Fuel economy in our roads will be around 9-11 kmpl I hope same as ecoboost manual but with convenience of Auto but Highway it might easily touch 15 kmpl
pricing of ecoboost Titanium is not that high on the contrary the Honda City full option in Malaysia costs around 18.75 lakh
Honda Malaysia
So I think Fiesta ecoboost too will be say 20-30k more than full option new Honda City of India, and I will be glad to hear that it wont exceed 12 lakh onroad for ecoboost petrol AT, even Vento Petrol AT costs just 11.20 lakh INR onroad trivandrum

Fiesta face lift launch will be happening only by June/July 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom