Ford Fiesta Classic LXi - Sea Grey - Buying and Ownership Review

City clutch turns your car into Semi automatic. Unlike an automatic car, where there is no clutch operate similarly with this device you can drive your car without having to operate clutch, the device takes care of clutch operation.

Thanks, true graphic's are hit or miss at the moment ;) It looks neat from certain angles tho :)
Is it aftermarket option?

Or insisted from Ford, any issues with warranty of car?

ragha2010 awesome work man .
Your car is looking hot
Great graphics, the alloys are also exceptional.
Put some hella fogs [:)] if possible.

Thread Starter #34
looking nice those seats and pedals

alloys do go withthe car

plan to Lower the car , looks like a SUV man
Thanks buddy! I guess once I finish with some more gizmos, it will be even better!

Is it aftermarket option?

Or insisted from Ford, any issues with warranty of car?
Yes, its aftermarket. Made sure the wiring done as per Ford's requirements.

ragha2010 awesome work man .
Your car is looking hot
Great graphics, the alloys are also exceptional.
Put some hella fogs [:)] if possible.
Thanks for your comments! Hella fogs, never thought about it. I will check it out and let you know!

How about Spoiler's and Skirt's for the Car?
For now I have ruled out spoiler's & skirt's. But I would love to see some pictures of others who have done it. Depending on how it looks I may change my decision :)

I came across your thread yesterday when I was looking information specific to Fiesta Classic LXI model. I'm researching for a petrol one, but the details you've provided were very useful. Thanks for sharing all the information and the images.

I've a quick question - can you get door handles and mirrors painted from Ford Dealer itself? How much does that cost? Any ideas?

Also, does anyone have an accessory list with recent prices? I'm interested in quit a few things.

The image which shows your city clutch on-off switch - there's another switch there - is that for fog lamps?

Thread Starter #38
I came across your thread yesterday when I was looking information specific to Fiesta Classic LXI model. I'm researching for a petrol one, but the details you've provided were very useful. Thanks for sharing all the information and the images.

I've a quick question - can you get door handles and mirrors painted from Ford Dealer itself? How much does that cost? Any ideas?

Yes, you can. But I recommend you to get it done outside. Ford will cost you a bomb.

Also, does anyone have an accessory list with recent prices? I'm interested in quit a few things.

I can share the prices I paid. It should be pretty much same. What accessories are you planning on your car?

The image which shows your city clutch on-off switch - there's another switch there - is that for fog lamps?
Fog lamps switch - YES

@ragha2010 - Thank you for a quick response. That helps me in deciding whether to go for the vehicle or not. I had visited the showroom on Saturday, but LXI model was not with them. I did check out the CLXI kept on the shop floor. But then wanted to know how exactly the LXI model looks.
And your thread was just what I needed. So thanks once again for sharing the pics.

The accessories I have in mind are:
1. Front fog lamps. How much do they cost in Ford v/s aftermarket?

2. Door handles/mirrors painting. How much would it cost in aftermarket? And what is the procedure to do the same? Would it damage the parts?

3. I have some ICE from my previous vehicle, so wanted to get that installed. I will do so from the reputed and professional installer I got it done from, for my previous vehicle. The set-up includes, single din HU with 2 pre-outs, front 6.25" components, rear 6x9 co-axials, 4 channel amplifier. And other miscl things needed to do the set-up - fuses, amp wiring kit, dampening, etc.

4. Wiper blade upgrade. Can we install those twin blade ones - or those which come on new Fiesta? How much would that cost?

5. Alloys - What cost for the OEM SXI (now called Titanium variant) alloys? Would it be good to get them from Ford dealer? If not, how much would set of 5 cost in outside market? Do you think we can upsize them? From 14" to 15"

6. Parking sensors. Good to get from dealer? Or from aftermarket? Just the simple beep ones, nothing hi-fi. Don't need the remote locking functionality package.

7. How about K&N filters? and Spark plug upgrades? Any ideas?

Sorry, the list is never ending. Just wanted to mention some of the important ones here.
Please help me out with it. Also, another important point is - Does any of the upgrades void the warranty in any way?

hey buddy can you explain in more detail about the city clutch and gear and how it opreates and the price ?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #42
hey buddy can you explain in more detail about the city clutch and gear and how it opreates and the price ?
Hi Raja,

City Clutch is basically a replacement to your left leg which operates the clutch automatically. The clutch is comprised of 3 things.

1. The processing unit will be fixed under drivers seat.
  2. Pulley/Chain linked to clutch which is controlled by processing unit
  3. Gear knob button to clutch & declutch.

The city clutch de-clutches the clutch when you press BRAKE lever or accelarator not pressed.

Its basically a best alternative to the auto cars out there. I would recommend it to install it if you live in city and have a manual car. Makes your life lot easier.

Thanks,

Thread Starter #43
@ragha2010 - Thank you for a quick response. That helps me in deciding whether to go for the vehicle or not. I had visited the showroom on Saturday, but LXI model was not with them. I did check out the CLXI kept on the shop floor. But then wanted to know how exactly the LXI model looks................
Hi There,

See below are my recommendations:

1. Front fog lamps. How much do they cost in Ford v/s aftermarket?

I paid Rs 1500, ford will cost you Rs 2500

2. Door handles/mirrors painting. How much would it cost in aftermarket? And what is the procedure to do the same? Would it damage the parts?

Minimum Rs 2000 or more. It would not damage parts. Just consult your local paint work shop. They should be able to do it. Ford will cost you lot more.

3. I have some ICE from my previous vehicle, so wanted to get that installed. I will do so from the reputed and professional installer I got it done from, for my previous vehicle. The set-up includes, single din HU with 2 pre-outs, front 6.25" components, rear 6x9 co-axials, 4 channel amplifier. And other miscl things needed to do the set-up - fuses, amp wiring kit, dampening, etc.

Should not be a issue, ford already as option for speakers in the car. Just make sure they fit in them.

4. Wiper blade upgrade. Can we install those twin blade ones - or those which come on new Fiesta? How much would that cost?

No idea about this you should talk to ford.

5. Alloys - What cost for the OEM SXI (now called Titanium variant) alloys? Would it be good to get them from Ford dealer? If not, how much would set of 5 cost in outside market? Do you think we can upsize them? From 14" to 15"

OEM Alloys were quoted Rs 22,000 for set of 4. I got set of 5 for Rs 19,000 including nuts, bolts etc.

6. Parking sensors. Good to get from dealer? Or from aftermarket? Just the simple beep ones, nothing hi-fi. Don't need the remote locking functionality package.

Simple ones will cost you Rs 750. Better from aftermarket.

7. How about K&N filters? and Spark plug upgrades? Any ideas?

I would not try those on new car. Maybe after a year. So no comments.

Glad to be of help, let me know if any questions.

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
ragha2010 said:
In my next post I will write about the Metro Fords refund chaos and City Clutch experience. Stay tuned!!!

City Clutch replacement was too good, will that affect on economy and moreover we won't be getting the ride experience.

I am interested to know about Metro Fords refund chaos.

@Ragha

Congratulations on your New fiesta classic one of the proved and best and real sedan !!

I like this grey very much and your car looks awesome!! except the body graphics[;)].

City clutch is very interesting, can you please tell some thing more about it as how it works and what was the cost. Do I get this for my Ritz and from where I should enquire about it.

Top Bottom