Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 SXi Ownership Review

Haha...CONGOz Vibhor for acquiring the best driver's car.
I have driven a 1.6(not 'S')with quite fatter rubber and what I know is that this car really eclipses my TSI,especially while cornering.What a fantastic body control and steering response it has.

A fantastic written review simply added more spice to the pics.
My heartiest congrats to you and wishing you happy miles.May this Fiesta act as a mediator and give you such a growth that 350Z becomes a possibility within a short span of time.

About leather seat covers,if you like them then just get them yes they can become quite hot,but then the Fiesta has a good A/C.Bust be careful while buying them,try to opt for dark color(I love black),why?Because I have suffered those light colored ones,they become dirty quite a bit too fast and then look very bad,my Corolla's have got quite blackish in just 5 months and now I think I need to replace them or get them cleaned up.

Rest from today onwards if I find a Fiesta 1.6 in Delhi then I'll try to find out if you was spotted by me,next day I'll post its pics in the exotic cars thread saying "I spotted 350Z in Delhi"...:lol!:

Thread Starter #32

350Z

Core Team
Thanks Vipul. Black seat covers won't work well with the beige interiors. I have shortlisted a seat cover from Auto Form. Will update the respective thread in sometime.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Just how did I miss this thread, can't believe myself! Wow! So you finally got to lay your hands on one of the best car to own [;)]
It looks so nice in white, and there is so much potential to Mod!

I would say avoid dark tints as Delhi Police is getting tougher by day. My bro is facing a lot of prob with his Polo. But yes decent ones with good set of alloys, a rear spoiler. I would have gone for some stickering too. Don't know if you fancy them.

And btw, many many congratulations from another 'J' traveller!

Congratulations 350Z ,i liked the gauges of the car ,a few days ago when you created the seat cover thread i guess you had changed your profile pic to the pic of your car for a while.

Thanks Peter.

Agreed. S was the best variant of Fiesta ever.

This will look a little wannabe. I think I will avoid but sure consider skirts and a spoiler sometime later on.
The only difference between the S and SXi is the body kit and the suspension. Maybe you can put a Z badge on it so it's more personalized.

You're right but I'm searching for a spoiler which was seen on S variant.
Should be available at Ford. In fact you can buy the full body kit. Another option would be to ask Autopsyche to make a custom kit for you.

Finally the review is up , i read the entire review long time without logging in , fantastic review , keep it up and some more pictures please.

And as others suggested go for that spoiler , Fiesta is one car which looks good with OEM spoilers.

Also great to know our forum is getting noticed.[thumbsup]

Can you share which seatcover you have in mind?

wow congrats for new car 350z and kudos for amazing choice! well fiesta is rocking in white and its unbeatable best drivers car in segment..happy mile crunching! [drive]

Thread Starter #38

350Z

Core Team
Finally the review is up , i read the entire review long time without logging in , fantastic review , keep it up and some more pictures please. And as others suggested go for that spoiler , Fiesta is one car which looks good with OEM spoilers.
wow congrats for new car 350z and kudos for amazing choice! well fiesta is rocking in white and its unbeatable best drivers car in segment..happy mile crunching!
Thanks!

Just how did I miss this thread, can't believe myself! Wow! So you finally got to lay your hands on one of the best car to own. It looks so nice in white, and there is so much potential to Mod!
Thanks. Modifications are something which I’m planning for future but will keep it subtle. No outrageous mods though.

I would say avoid dark tints as Delhi Police is getting tougher by day. My bro is facing a lot of prob with his Polo. But yes decent ones with good set of alloys, a rear spoiler.
Spoiler is on cards for sometime in future. And I don’t at all prefer illegal tints.

I would have gone for some stickering too. Don't know if you fancy them.
Nope. :smile:

Congratulations 350Z ,i liked the gauges of the car ,a few days ago when you created the seat cover thread i guess you had changed your profile pic to the pic of your car for a while.
Thanks, Yes, I did change it but planning to do a better photo shoot.

Should be available at Ford. In fact you can buy the full body kit. Another option would be to ask Autopsyche to make a custom kit for you.
Heard that it’s pricey at Ford but anyways I shall inquire.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Congrats 350z on your sweet ride.Why sweet:It has a nice 1.6 litre petrol motor,nice interiors,it is very well equipped and looks good if those alloys and I heard it is a sweet handler and has a sweet steering. .The 'S" variant was one of the best looking cars for its price.
I think you were planing for the spoiler.I think it enhance the looks of the car.

Like you always say(or type)
Drive Safe!

Congratulations 350Z. The fiesta classic is a wonderful car and a practical family car. Somehow, even I have this weakness for white colour , as I feel after a couple of years, only a white still looks new after a good bath. People say it's tough to maintain a white or black, but I don't think that should be a problem for auto buffs like us. Enjoy a safe ride .

Thread Starter #41

350Z

Core Team
The car has just recently clocked 100+ Kms. It’s being used mostly for weekend trips as of now.

Congrats 350z on your sweet ride.Why sweet:It has a nice 1.6 litre petrol motor,nice interiors,it is very well equipped and looks good if those alloys and I heard it is a sweet handler and has a sweet steering. .The 'S" variant was one of the best looking cars for its price.
I think you were planing for the spoiler.I think it enhance the looks of the car.

Like you always say(or type)
Drive Safe!
Thanks. She’s sure a driver’s delight. And I too like those alloys.

Congratulations 350Z. The fiesta classic is a wonderful car and a practical family car. Somehow, even I have this weakness for white colour , as I feel after a couple of years, only a white still looks new after a good bath. People say it's tough to maintain a white or black, but I don't think that should be a problem for auto buffs like us. Enjoy a safe ride .
Yes, true. White is a colour forever. I’m fortunate that the car in stock was white. Else, I’d have been a bit hesitant if it was Red or something of that sort.

Drive Safe,
350Z

GOSH! How did I miss this thread?

Hearty congratulations Vibs. Fiesta is one awesome car. The petrol is nice to drive too. The ride and handling is amazing. Any reasons why you dint go for the diesel?

ICE? :-)

Thread Starter #43

350Z

Core Team
Hearty congratulations Vibs. Fiesta is one awesome car. The petrol is nice to drive too. The ride and handling is amazing. Any reasons why you dint go for the diesel?
Thanks, Raj. Diesel was never in the consideration since regular running isn’t high at all.

Seriously, stock music system with six speakers is rocking and more than sufficient for me. No USB input is the only gripe though. But in case I’m smitten by the ICE bug in future – You will be the first person I will approach to. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi Vibhor,

Congratulations and hope you are enjoying your ride... Best driver's car one can get in it's segment and one above.

My finance part got bit delayed, expecting delivery early next week.

Couple of queries:

1. Did you finalized seat covers? I was thinking that blacks will gel well with white car, What are your thoughts? (The one I booked is also D White SXI).
2. How are stock headlights? Can any expert suggest upgrade options for Fiesta classic?
3. The spare is full size alloy or steel rim?
4. Do you know if warranty will void in case we upgrade tyres to 195/60 keeping the same 14" alloys?

Thanks
Vishal

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #45

350Z

Core Team
Review Update: Just recently discovered a new feature of Ford Fiesta: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...234-built-event-data-recorder-cars-india.html

Congratulations and hope you are enjoying your ride... Best driver's car one can get in it's segment and one above.
Thanks and congrats. Welcome to the Diamond White Ford Fiesta SXi Club. [thumbsup] May I ask what deal you are being offered for it?

1. Did you finalized seat covers? I was thinking that blacks will gel well with white car, What are your thoughts? (The one I booked is also D White SXI).
I have shortlisted a couple of models from Auto Form. You can visit the respective thread for more (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-seat-covers-options-ford-fiesta-classic.html). I would still check out in the market physically just in case if I stumble upon something better.

2. How are stock headlights?
Although I haven't driven it much during night but I found the headlamp beams to be sufficient enough. I’m planning for a highway trip in approaching weekends which should offer a better chance to explore about actual capability of Fiesta. Ford has been courteous and consistently seeking for feedback after delivering their car. I know that it’s a proven and reliable product but I will wait for completing at least a year of ownership before giving a definite verdict about this car.

3. The spare is full size alloy or steel rim?
That’s a steel wheel.

Can any expert suggest upgrade options for Fiesta classic?
4. Do you know if warranty will void in case we upgrade tyres to 195/60 keeping the same 14" alloys?
Not recommended. Upgrading the tyres will certainly void the warranty related to suspension etc. Though if you choose to upgrade then make sure to let Ford workshop tune the ECU. It may display incorrect speed on the speedometer otherwise. (Related thread: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...izing-wheels-tires-oe-size-void-warranty.html)

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom