Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 SXi Ownership Review

Thread Starter #61

350Z

Core Team
Here’s a separate review of Riddhi Ford: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...i-ford-new-delhi-rocks-experience-review.html.
Yes the same thing is in my mind for several days,we,lazy people(okay at least some) who won't get out of the car will just open with automatic opener before stopping completely so,the fuel filler wouldn't know what's written on the inside,neither he looks on the lid,its better putting the sticker inside,nice idea.
There are basically a couple of things I ensure: Zero on dispensing machine and checking whether the attendant is playing with the nozzle while filling. And both the things can be easily seen without getting off the car.

Hey buddy Congratulations for your new car, That is a really nice car and good color choice.
Well done Vibhor.

Well first of all heartiest congratulations on buying Fiesta Classic. Secondly, awesome write up and you have set the stage how to write an ownership review. Now I am sure people will take a lead from it.

Happy motoring
Thanks so much, Singh and Shailinder.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Vibhor, Congrats for your new acquisition.
I really think Fiesta is any day better when compared the segment. It offers the perfect blend of space, comfort, features and definitely value for money.

It looks super cool in Diamond White with beige Black interiors.

I really think Fiesta is any day better when compared the segment. It offers the perfect blend of space, comfort, features and definitely value for money.

It looks super cool in Diamond White with beige Black interiors.
Agree that Fiesta is good on every part,but the rear legroom space is a bit cramped but not too much like the Dzire.

I liked the New fiesta and especially this particular model and color,it looks niche and with decently positioned chrome railing in the side profile.

I’m also thinking to put a “P” sticker inside the lid. It would help to prevent uncertain goof up in future. Guess, New Fiesta 2011 already has one.

Drive Safe,
350Z
I feel that its a good option to have petrol written on the fuel lid itself,can you believe it they had put in a diesel nozzle into our Santro Xing & he managed to even fill like 6 rupees of diesel before i got out of the car,this happened in Mangalore ,looks like this place is notorious for such incidents.

The Fiesti (Yes, that's her pet name right now) enjoyed a highway trip recently. Has clocked about 200 Kms now. I'm satisfied with the performance and ground clearance but out side rear view mirrors are long as well as do not shut fully. And that's the biggest pain in congested areas. Headlamp beams (Especially high beam) is more than sufficient and no where match to my Maruti 800's which logically I should not be comparing with. Please find the attached images with this post.
Hmm,FIESTI,that's a quite romantic name.Sounds like the name of a naughty girl[evil].
About ORVMs,buddy you are helpless here,the ORVMs of Fiesta are designed in such a way that they never close completely and hence they are really pain in tight parkings or congested areas.

For Rs.7 Lakhs, You can fetch a much well maintained and newer D-Segment Sedan in Pre-owned market. Otherwise, Honda Accords and Hyundai Sonatas are on sale for as low as Rs.4 to 5 Lakhs. The rule is simple, higher the car’s actual value, quicker it depreciates.
No doubt,here in Delhi you can get these cars at rock bottom prices.I also got my TSI evaluated and the dealer said:-
Sahab petrol Laura ko koi poochta bhi nahi hai(no person even ask for a Laura TSI),7-9 lacs can be expected maximum or keep the car with you,if we get a customer we will call you and you talk tot he customer yourself.

Many of the modern car's ORVM'S don't shut fully making it prone to scratches from friendly bikers! Hope you enjoyed the trip , any idea about the FE?
As much I remember this problem persists with Fiesta at its maximum because most of the other cars have the ORVMs placed in a way that they are quite closed completely.
About FE,as much I know from my own driving experience of Fiesta 1.6(One Meerut-Jodhpur trip with friends on friend's car)this car delivers somewhere about 12 kpl in city and 17-17.5 kpl on highways.This FE can go even better if driven with light foot,maybe 19 kpl.But yes if driven harder then it delivers about 13-14 kpl on highway and 7 kpl in city.VIBHOR BHAI,please get it confirmed.[:)]

Not yet. At least it’s not burning a big a hole in pocket. DTE works like a charm and refuelling around 10 Litres is quite working out for a week’s drive. Hope it improves in future when the usage increases because that’s when I will be really concerned about it. Speaking on similar topic, another thing that I have to remember in Fiesta is to let fuel bunk attendant know that it’s Petrol. Have filled up from three different fuel stations till now and thankfully all of them themselves confirmed before filling in.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Right now your Fiesta may be giving about 12-13 kpl on highways and 7-8 kpl in city(My friend's gave same for nearly 1500 kms).Just keep on driving and the FE will improve significantly.
Take care of those fuel pump attendants,they many times land us in problem especially in the busy hours.Once the Indica petrol of my uncle was filled with diesel.

I’m also thinking to put a “P” sticker inside the lid. It would help to prevent uncertain goof up in future. Guess, New Fiesta 2011 already has one.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Instead I'll advise you to put a small sticker mentioning 'petrol' on the outer part of lid,this may not look good to you but will be better than standing on a bunk with sad face,full anger and shouting at attendants for filling diesel.
And whenever you reach any bunk,just stop for a second or two before opening the lid as when the attendant will try to open the lid but it won't ope then he will automatically read 'petrol' written on it and will silently fill petrol only however busy he may be.

Well done Vibhor.

Well first of all heartiest congratulations on buying Fiesta Classic. Secondly, awesome write up and you have set the stage how to write an ownership review. Now I am sure people will take a lead from it.

Happy motoring
Yeah,no doubt,the 'FIESTA' sets benchmark for handling,body control(in ride Linea wins) and responsiveness and same way our 'FIESTA OWNER' has set a benchmark for writing the ownership review.
As we say "leader always stands different from crowd" and same way "the review of the mod is also different from members".
Now its our work to maintain this new benchmark.

I feel that its a good option to have petrol written on the fuel lid itself,can you believe it they had put in a diesel nozzle into our Santro Xing & he managed to even fill like 6 rupees of diesel before i got out of the car,this happened in Mangalore ,looks like this place is notorious for such incidents.
Now this is really ridiculous,at least Santro should have been left..[frustration]

Thread Starter #66

350Z

Core Team
I really think Fiesta is any day better when compared the segment. It offers the perfect blend of space, comfort, features and definitely value for money. It looks super cool in Diamond White with beige Black interiors.
Thanks, Powerpacked. Guess you too own a nicely modified Fiesta SXi?

Agree that Fiesta is good on every part,but the rear legroom space is a bit cramped but not too much like the Dzire.
Yes, rear legroom isn’t as much as in cars of similar segment but can I vouch for that it is sufficient for the passengers.

As much I remember this problem persists with Fiesta at its maximum because most of the other cars have the ORVMs placed in a way that they are quite closed completely.
You are totally correct.

About FE,as much I know from my own driving experience of Fiesta 1.6(One Meerut-Jodhpur trip with friends on friend's car)this car delivers somewhere about 12 kpl in city and 17-17.5 kpl on highways.This FE can go even better if driven with light foot,maybe 19 kpl.But yes if driven harder then it delivers about 13-14 kpl on highway and 7 kpl in city.VIBHOR BHAI,please get it confirmed.
Next time I will definitely calculate the fuel efficiency.

Instead I'll advise you to put a small sticker mentioning 'petrol' on the outer part of lid,this may not look good to you but will be better than standing on a bunk with sad face,full anger and shouting at attendants for filling diesel.
Personally, I do not prefer these type of stickers, that’s why I have decided to put one on the cap inside. Only sticker my car will have is The Automotive India’s Sticker. :smile: By the way, most of the fuel stations in Delhi have Petrol and Diesel dispensers located in opposite direction, so it eventually reduces the chance of such mistake. Not sure whether it is only fuel pump specific though. I usually fill up from IOC fuel stations.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I missed this thread since a long time ..! that word "carnival" is the culprit...my bad how come I can be so ignorant and miss such an Incredible thread .

A big big Congratulation from my side with warm wishes for new acquisition.

Wishes..wishes..!

Thread Starter #68

350Z

Core Team
Thanks, Jayadev. Fiesta is now one month old. On this occasion, let me share an image when it was being driven out of the showroom, ready for the delivery.

DSC07193.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Man, i am in love with your Fiesta. I have always loved this car and honestly speaking, i was actually searching for used TDCi one, a few months backs (which i mentioned in a few threads), but had to drop the plans due to some professional reasons. What impresses me, is Fiesta's elegant interiors and mod friendly exteriors.

Thread Starter #70

350Z

Core Team
Fiesta is competent car if you can manage to find one in decent shape because mostly I have come across abused models in used car market (S / SXi is the pick). I’m not planning to modify it much as it has almost everything I need for now. Sunfilms, Seat Covers, Spoiler will be the next add ons.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi 350Z,

Prioritize your add-ons.

Seat covers and sun films has to go first. spoiler is next. [:)]
Also add scuff plates and rain shield. it wont be costly stuff but worth spending.

Thread Starter #74

350Z

Core Team
Seat covers and sun films has to go first. spoiler is next. Also add scuff plates and rain shield. it wont be costly stuff but worth spending.
Seat covers will be added first while tints will be installed as soon as the summers arrive.

Congrats 350Z. The Car looks awesome. I guess both you and I purchased the car in the same month :-)
Now we have another member in our club - Vishals. Post a review and some pictures of your Fiesta too.

Drive Safe,
350Z

For spoiler I would like to suggest.
Insist on the spoiler with no light. I have been informed that now a day’s this kind of spoiler from Ford is not available only aftermarket product which has light mounted on it.

IMO spoiler with no light looks better for Fiesta earlier this Spoiler use to part of 'S' and only "S" owners suppoes to get it.

Scuff plates and rain shield should be lined up before spoiler.

Top Bottom