Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 SXi – Requesting Owner's Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
I'm considering upgrading to a sedan from sometime which must offer driving pleasure as well as comfort for the family (Budget approx. Rs.7 Lakhs). After checking out number of cars and visiting the dealerships - I came across Ford Fiesta 1.6 SXi. This car needs no introduction and seems to be a real VFM buy. Today, after much negotiation, the dealer has settled to offer a nice deal. However there are only a couple of units left in the stock so I have to make the decision without a delay. I request all the existing Ford and Fiesta owners to please sum up and comment about their overall experience with car and company. Though, I know, there’s another fantastic car available out there which I have always truly admired: Fiat Linea T-Jet. But unfortunately the dealers do not have kept it in stock, and the one who has (T-Jet+) the price is simply exceeding out of the mentioned budget.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 SXi – Requesting Owner's Opinions

Hey 350Z, great choice, but before you go ahead with the purchase, I am tempted to mke you reconsider[:D]a

carssedan.jpg

2 years back it would have been absolute no brainer and it would have been Fiesta 1.6 S, but now with Linea T Jet in picture, not that easy.
I believe you are pretty much an entusiast, so I will discuss only what is relevant to the cause.

Verna- Not sure why this car needs that much power. It used to be a big boat and now with newer design it has become a nimble boat with excellent brakes. But a boat is a boat at the end of day.[lol]. Unsusable power, what a pity.

Honda City- V Tec engine is great. Power is not perfectly linear and which is good as well bad. Mid range is dissappointing but low end and top end are good (make sense in both bumper to bumper and highway). Handling is precise, direct but steering does not speak to the driver. A practical car but 1.6 SXI is better, and cheap also (from a drivers perspective). Also ride quality, especially on non confirming road is bit on the lower side in Honda. Fiesta I would say has average ride in the rear, but in driving seat, it's all but planted. And THAT's what matters. Even though City is faster by all means, but not as fun as Fiesta.

Honda City would have been a better car with strong, mid range, and if it could have filtered the bad roads, with as much ease as it handles good roads. What if steering give a good feedback, Wow it will have been a dream car, but just think we have all of it in FIAT LINEA T-Jet. Think of it as a Honda T Jet with that price.
City with 150 KG lighter is faster in 0-100, but between drivable speeds (20-100) Linea can push you all the way back to your seta. You are in Torque territory my dear. Man its damn addictive. T Jet is a Fiesta with more power, Honda with better road grip and Linea with all it's comfort.

Go for THE TANK-- You can break easily break the dealer on price.I spoke to Team Techno delaer at Dwarka who was giving me close to 1 lac design on an older model. May be you can ask him for more at year end. Rememeber you are buying car for yourself not for somebody else (resale [:D]), so shouldn't worry too much on that.

Also 195/60 R15 are good in T Jet, as compared to 205/60 in T Jet Plus, as it provides adequate grip and nimbleness too. so T jet will just suit you fine.

Regards,
Maddy

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3

350Z

Core Team
Re: Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 SXi – Owner’s Opinions Please

You are correct, Neeraj. I’m also inclined towards Linea T-Jet. That’s the car I love and always will but the issue is that the dealers don’t have T-Jet in stock. There’s one I came across which has T-Jet+ but the price is touching almost Rs.9 Lakhs after the discount which makes it strictly out of the budget. This should make for a perfect buy in second hand market though but searching one is another story and then, I’m afraid that I might miss the next best deal for a steal - The Fiesta 1.6.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hmmm. These green leaves always keep us to the striking distance of the target, yet just bit too far to grab our hands around it[frustration]

May I ask how much is OTR for Fiesta 1.6. Also what about LXI, how much that cost.

I would advise to check out in Gurgaon and Ghz. May be they have one T Jet for you.

Regards,
Maddy

Thread Starter #5

350Z

Core Team

Getting it easily under the mentioned budget along with bonus accessories, schemes etc.

Drive Safe,
350Z

For the budget you mentioned Fiesta 1.6 is the best choice.
I have driven more 1000km covering City, Highways & why not, no roads even(Coimbatore - Tirupati - Chennai - Coimbatore)

Low end torque is simply superb which is a boon for city driving. In highways I never felt engine ran out of breath. Car is very stable even at 130+ kmph. For the entire trip it deliverd FE 13.8kmpl (driven not less than 3 digit speeds)

Bulky steering is good to hold. I'm not quite impressed with the gear shift (may be, I got used to Civic driving) Suspension takes all the pot holes with ease.

Thread Starter #7

350Z

Core Team
Thanks Mr.Boss. Let me inquire with a few more dealerships about the availability and final deal on Linea T-Jet. Else, I’m almost on verge of booking Fiesta SXi 1.6.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Linea T-Jet anyday,not that Fiesta is bad but linea is that much better,the feel of turbo in petrol--Oh GOD!!how seductive.Vibhor what about december dhamaka read discounts by fiat.Yesterday I saw this ad on TV where it said "New Linea starts at 5.5 lakhs only"--cm'on Wizard time for you to capture the magic [;)].

Thread Starter #9

350Z

Core Team
If it is Linea, it has to be the T-Jet for me. Emotion is available under the budget but no where close to T-Jet (Or Even Fiesta 1.6). Surprisingly, none of the dealers have one in stock. I just inquired with almost all of them in Delhi. Still the search is on...

Drive Safe,
350Z

my two cents :-

the old Fiesta is a great drivers car, no 2 words about it - but its at the end of its lifespan with ford already launching the new one, but keeping this alive. if you plan to buy a new one now with spares and after sales you are bound to have a problem sooner or later..

If petrol sedan is what you are looking for test drive the t-jet and honda city and make a decision between the two depending on ur preference. both have many plus points to talk of.

Just to add to the confusion i would suggest u also check a preowned civic - you could get a low running preowned one and u wouldn't regret your decision. yes GC because of the soft suspension set up is an issue if you have mountains in your area, but it can be easily overcome with a suspension bush made for the civic :)

my two cents :-

the old Fiesta is a great drivers car, no 2 words about it - but its at the end of its lifespan with ford already launching the new one, but keeping this alive. if you plan to buy a new one now with spares and after sales you are bound to have a problem sooner or later..

If petrol sedan is what you are looking for test drive the t-jet and honda city and make a decision between the two depending on ur preference. both have many plus points to talk of.

Just to add to the confusion i would suggest u also check a preowned civic - you could get a low running preowned one and u wouldn't regret your decision. yes GC because of the soft suspension set up is an issue if you have mountains in your area, but it can be easily overcome with a suspension bush made for the civic :)
+1 to that. Albeit being one of the great driver's car, Fiesta Classic is almost at the end of its journey. Already new kinetic design has come out. But choice is your personal!
Fiat Linea T-jet, Honda Civic (pre-owned), ANHC would be best to own[:)]

+1 to that. Albeit being one of the great driver's car, Fiesta Classic is almost at the end of its journey. Already new kinetic design has come out. But choice is your personal!
Fiat Linea T-jet, Honda Civic (pre-owned), ANHC would be best to own[:)]
+1. A pre-worshiped Honda Civic is a nice option. You will end up getting a premium sedan and saving bucks. Invest those saved bucks in customizing your ride.

^^
If Vibbs is looking for a second hand car then civic really makes some sense:biggrin:, but for a new car no petrol car under 10 lakhs is more fun to drive than linea t-jet.[:D]

Well if you are the self driving breed who loves to drive your car and feel the steering,you need nothing over the razor sharp and confident handling,a fantastic body control and a very responsive steering.To add to the treat you need a good engine which loves to be wrung and responds to the throttle responses at any rev range you are,I mean the engine which feels powerful at any rev range it may be.

I don't know what magazines say,I don't know what people say.What I know is what I myself has experienced,any driver's car means I have driven it(not the premium ones)so only three cars come in mind when under 10 lacs,let me explain them in my words with a spice of experience:-
Honda City i-vtec:Any questions or any doubt are answered by this car itself,simply scores highest as an overall package.Vibhor,dear you can get an E variant City and add good alloys and an ICE system and get a fully loaded car at a good price(S and V variants make a pricey buy).

Fiat Linea T-Jet:The turbo charger means boost,mid range is killer but top end is not impressive(like in other petrol cars),ride and handling are simply outstanding.Do I need to say anything about A.S.S.?

Ford Fiesta classic 1.6 SXi(or S-the sports one with stiffer suspension):No doubt its the best driver's car which eclipses even the cars twice of its price.It performs well too.But quite low on rear seat space as compared to others.

Now,can anyone tell me of what car I have written the top lines???

Thread Starter #15

350Z

Core Team
Second hand car market has plenty of options but finding one isn’t that easy and moreover; it doesn't make sense to consider one right now when the manufacturers are offering as much tempting deals on brand new itself (Unless I stumble upon a good genuine deal on used). Neither segment, nor brand image is a main concern here, as long as the car meets most of the requirements and is satisfying enough. Yes, if there’s nothing that clicks well - I will be searching back those Pre-owned cars in market which were shortlisted earlier. Just wanted to collect user's feedback on Fiesta which I think now I have. Thanks, will keep updating.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom