Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 SXi – Requesting Owner's Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ford Fiesta Classic 1.6 SXi – Requesting Owner's Opinions

Hi 350Z,

Nice choice in fact.

Ford is usually meant for putting holes under wallets. Having that perception and bought one myself two years back. I am really happy and then realized that its truly a middle class man BMW. Mine has taken 4 services till now and never exceeded 3K. No rattling, jarring, hissing till now. He has already ran 17K now and setting the roads on fire rock solid. Handling is really awesome and you'll rule the road even after 130kmph. I really miss the sports version.

Mileage is not so bad. I get 10 on city and max 13.5 on highways. [:)]

Cheers,
Marun

Vibhor finally good news from your side that your buying a new car! Well first what are your requirements?

If your going to be driving most of the time then go for Fiesta. Its a perfect driver's car but rear seat comfort and space is not satisfactory and not to mention the old Fiesta is at the end of its life cycle.

If passenger comfort is more important then City it is. Doesn't mean City is a slouch , City is a capable performer but can never have the dynamics of Fiesta.

Keep looking at the used car market for Civic as other members mentioned or even a sparingly used ANHC for that matter.

May i know why you are not considering City?

350Z,

Fiesta is purely a driver's car. Passengers(family) will feel better in a city, if compared, but if you're planning to hit the highway every now and then, look no further than Fiesta.

I can just imagine the power which the 1.6 engine churns out cuz I am quite happy with my 1.4 [:D]. Excellent driving pleasure, the feel and response offered by the steering is very good and makes it easier to handle. It is solidly built and its ability to take abuse is much better than any of its competitors. The low end torque makes it easy for in-city driving. I personally like the Gear Shift(a few might disagree), as it has that solid feel to it.

The best I could take out of it was a whooping 180 kmph with 4 passengers on board and believe me the car was rock steady. It could have gone further, but the passengers were scared to hell after having a look at the speedo, hence I had to release my foot off the pedal.

Regarding the FE, on my recent trip, I got 15.3 kmpl to be precise when I was always pushing it. During my everyday commute, I get around 11.5-12 with A/C.

Well I guess I have boasted a lot, but request you to take a test drive for yourself and preferably take out time to drive it on a bad strech and a long empty road to test its stability, the feature which has made me a FORD fan.

Sometime back, I was suggesting a Linea T-jet to my friend, We took a test drive, believe me I am a die hard Fiat fan, but I just felt something was missing as compared to Fiesta.

Good Luck ! I hope you decide the best and let us know about it. [cheers]

Fiesta 1.6 always do not fail to bring a big smile on my face.

the engine is quite refined . heard a lot of t-jet , but not have driven any , other than a punto 1.4 . so i do not comment about this segment.

city is peppy to drive than a fiesta. its suspension is too soft and is kind of too smooth in kind of suspension and with refreshing looks surely does stand apart from crowd still , esp in white.

Have driven quite different set of 1.6 fiesta. one maintained well by customer , other badly trashed - means driven more and cleaned less. but service accordingly.
Both behaves same. only in later car it had a clutch , bush problem and was replaced for a sum of 350/- . The bush looked valued for just 20/- so small!!!

If you are looking in 2nd hand market , that too a petrol sedan , with a budget of 7L , dont you think you have HIGH number of options.
My options in 2nd hand ,
1. optra - less than or around 3 lacks. 2006 and back ward , 1.6 elite - price based on chennai calculations.

2.Honda civic - 6lack and less - 2008 and lesser
3.Honda accord - 6 lack approx - 2..5 model onwards
4.Octavia vrs - 3.5 lack and less
5.sx4 -3 L arond 2007 models !

I agree with you Ilango. City is any day a smart looking, upto date machine, makes head turn, even though is has grown so large in numbers. But I personally feel it to be a car where a chauffer is driving his Saab around [:D], no offence anyone. It looks and feels delicate.

350Z: If you go for a second hand car in that budget, you have a choice which will make you go crazy.:lol!: You could look out for Civic, ANHC, Ford Fiesta (classic as they say now), Chevrolet Optra, SX4 in general.

Another option I could think of is a Skoda Laura and Octavia(scary stories about its after sales service), but very nice machines. Excellent build qualities, powerful, fun to drive, comfortable and looks to kill for(specially Laura).

Not looking out for Diesel ?[thinking]

Thread Starter #24

350Z

Core Team

Thanks for the valuable inputs, Marun. That’s what I was looking for. Your review has been of great help. I’m attaching the link here for reference of others: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...1-year-ownership-review.html?highlight=fiesta. Just remember to keep updating it.

Ford is usually meant for putting holes under wallets. Having that perception and bought one myself two years back. I am really happy and then realized that its truly a middle class man BMW.
True. That’s what I have heard from most of the real-time Ford owners.

I really miss the sports version.
Yes. 1.6S was a killer. It is too rare to find one even in used car market. Though there were no technical changes in it except for a stiffer suspension.

Vibhor finally good news from your side that your buying a new car! Well first what are your requirements?
Thanks, Dhaya. I have myself shortlisted on a handful of sedans after pinpointing on the requirements. Just finalizing now based on best deal available.

Sometime back, I was suggesting a Linea T-jet to my friend, We took a test drive, believe me I am a die hard Fiat fan, but I just felt something was missing as compared to Fiesta.Good Luck ! I hope you decide the best and let us know about it.
Thanks to you too for the inputs. Sure, will keep updating.

It seems that THE XOVER is the only one advocating Linea t-Jet, c'mon Vibbs go for it
Fiat Linea (T-Jet) sure is a very good car but I’m totally let down with the terrible pre-sales customer response at Tata-Fiat. This is not hearsay but from what I have personally experienced. Not once, twice but many times at their dealerships. (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...delhi-tata-fiat-doing-unethical-business.html)

Hey why not consider buying City E MT 2012? its priced higher than Fiesta but lower than T-jet and Plus
Keep looking at the used car market for Civic as other members mentioned or even a sparingly used ANHC for that matter.
ilango[speed thirst];121223 said:
If you are looking in 2nd hand market , that too a petrol sedan , with a budget of 7L , dont you think you have HIGH number of options.
350Z: If you go for a second hand car in that budget, you have a choice which will make you go crazy. You could look out for Civic, ANHC, Ford Fiesta (classic as they say now), Chevrolet Optra, SX4 in general.

Another option I could think of is a Skoda Laura and Octavia(scary stories about its after sales service), but very nice machines. Excellent build qualities, powerful, fun to drive, comfortable and looks to kill for(specially Laura). Not looking out for Diesel ?
Thanks. Used car is now almost out of question. Please check the earlier posts in this thread for more.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom