Ford Fiesta (2015) New Tyres Advice

Thread Starter #1
I am in search for a new set of tyres for my Global Fiesta which is a driver's car 195/60 R15 .Due to non availability of Michelin I am forced to look for other brands .Unable to decide

MRF Perfinza CLX1 195 60 R 15 Tubeless 88 V Car Tyre Price - Buy MRF Perfinza CLX1 195 60 R 15 Tubeless 88 V Car Tyre Online
Yokohama BluEarth GT AE51 195 60 R 15 Tubeless 88 V Car Tyre Price - Buy Yokohama BluEarth GT AE51 195 60 R 15 Tubeless 88 V Car Tyre Online
Yokohama S Drive AS01 195 60 R 15 Tubeless 88 H Car Tyre Price - Buy Yokohama S Drive AS01 195 60 R 15 Tubeless 88 H Car Tyre Online
Continental UltraContact UC6 195 60 R 15 Tubeless 88 V Car Tyre Price - Buy Continental UltraContact UC6 195 60 R 15 Tubeless 88 V Car Tyre Online
Bridgestone Turanza ER60 195 60 R 15 Tubeless 88 H Car Tyre Price - Buy Bridgestone Turanza ER60 195 60 R 15 Tubeless 88 H Car Tyre Online
Bridgestone RE88 195 60 R 15 Tubeless 88 V Car Tyre Price - Buy Bridgestone RE88 195 60 R 15 Tubeless 88 V Car Tyre Online

I just posted this site for a reference, I am not sure whether the prices are updated regularly there.
My pick would be Continental UC6 >Bridgestone Turanza/Potenza>Yokohama Blueearth>Yoko S Drive>MRF Perfinza.

From my knowledge and experience:
Continental these days is picking up the market, mainly because Michelin is not catering in supplies. Overall thread life and comfort is in par with Michelin.(Some friends said better than Michelins)
Bridgestone Turanza used to come as stock tyres in Toyota Innova Crysta, from my driving experience felt the grip is great. But like all Bridgestone's, it gets hardened over time (3 years).
Potenza, is a sportier offering from Bridgestone, the difference b/w Turanza and Potenza is negligible is what I presume when compared to what others offer.
Yokohama Blueearth is designed for optimum grip and better threadlife + Comfort. S Drive is assymetric pattern, will look sporty, but prone to road noise and punctures over time in Indian road conditions.
MRF Perfinza is underrated product. I have seen Madhu's (Bengaluru) , Nikhil's Octavia he had fitted with MRF Perfinza. He had recommended highly of it. Just that for sportier cars (Cars that have more torque when launching from 1st gear/ when Launching using launchpad control) the torque steer is slightly more than others but under highways and city conditions it performs great. Like all MRF's rubber hardening can occur after 2 years.

Thread Starter #3
Thank you very much,will go through the above links and decide, by the way the list is very exhaustive
Thanks again for an immediate reply

Thread Starter #4
Had visited the local tyre shop in the city,and in the store room which consisted of two upper floors, I took the photographs attached here with, narrowed on two tyres UC 6 and Bridgestone sturdo price quote for the two ,the difference being minimal, UC6 appears to be wider than the sturdo, and the thread depth in the sturdo appears to higher than UC6

Attachments

Thread Starter #7
India specific variant

Update: The shop owner informed me that new stock will be available on Tuesday, will physically check both of them and decide, in the absence of Michelins ,deciding has been very difficult, I am zeroing towards Bridgestone on the premise that they being made of hard compound the steering feedback will be better than UC 6.
Also heard from the owner that local production of Michelin tyres will start from 2025,but about the quality aspect it's a different matter altogether.

Thread Starter #9
I am leaning towards Bridgestone because ,my car came with Good Years NCT 5 Eagle and while they lasted the steering feedback was great which was not the same when i changed the tyres to Michelin primacy 3st,,and moreover the Bridgestone will be better than Good Years.
Anyone driving with the continental UC 6 , how is the steering feedback? Kindly give inputs please

Last edited:

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
I am in search for a new set of tyres for my Global Fiesta which is a driver's car 195/60 R15
my car came with Good Years NCT 5 Eagle and while they lasted the steering feedback was great which was not the same when i changed the tyres to Michelin primacy 3st
What was the factory specs of the tyres on your car ? Is this 195/60 r15 the OEM spec or is this the one you want to upsize to ?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11
The Factory spec of Good year tyres which came with car 195/60 R 15,and i don't intend to upsize.,The present Michelin tyres are also of Factory size.

Thread Starter #13
Thats a very sensible and sound decision you made.
I would advise you to go for UC6, if Michelin not available.
I am not inclined towards UC 6 because the experience about them in other threads about them is that there are akin to Michelin and hence the steering feedback will not be great

It is finally a decision taken from mind than head always in the end. Go ahead with Bridgestone, it won't be bad. Ecopias reviews which I have heard is usually from Ecosport owners, who had 17" profiles, hence sidewall issue.
Could you also consider Perfinza ? It is definitely better than Goodyear Eagle.

Thread Starter #15
Update
The new stock did not arrive today hence have to
wait,there are 3 tyres of UC6 and 2 of Bridgestone Sturdo, asked the dealer to get 4 tyres each and not to mix the old with the new, ceat secura and jk ux 1 readily available, though

Top Bottom