Ford Fiesta 2014 Review & Pictures: Fascinating Fiesta

I do agree on things mentioned by Alpha, the only question mark is about getting an unused or sparingly used or the reliability of the claim from used market. Do negotiate hard if you are interested to keep the car for atleast 6-7 years.

Hello Irfan C

A 2015 made car means that the car would be 2 year old already on RC. I would suggest you to opt out of this deal since there are many problems that might crop up on a car which has been idle for close to 2 years now. Practically speaking, no matter how good a car is, standing idle for long periods means trouble. Also since the dealer will be giving you a hefty discount, they *may* hold you responsible in case of warranty claims stating that you already knew about the condition of the car and were provided with discounts to compensate. Be very cautious on such purchases. I would personally have avoided it since one has to pay 7-8 Lacs anyway and expects complete peace of mind after spending such amount.

I checked used prices of Ford Fiesta on OBV app. For an unused 2015 model in excellent condition in New Delhi is close to 7.5 Lac in the used market. In reality, the prices are much lower, closer to the 6.5 Lac figure. So a 2 Lac discount is nothing. Stretch till 3 Lac + free new tyres, if not more. If the dealer doesn't budge, look elsewhere.

Regards,
Alpha
I do agree on things mentioned by Alpha, the only question mark is about getting an unused or sparingly used or the reliability of the claim from used market. Do negotiate hard if you are interested to keep the car for atleast 6-7 years.
I think this way
If the seller is able to give the car with a Ford Motor company warranty for next 3 years from date of purchase there is nothing wrong with buying the machine after a thorough PDI
If the buyer has some local mechanic who has some basic expertise in dealing with diesel engines, do take that person too and take a test drive before finalizing the deal

The car when unused for long time will have issues with friction inside pistons,inside compressors and weak alternators, these are things that can be made fine by just following a good break in run, turbo idling rule after long drives, and with concessional spirited driving[lol]
Other than that there is not much issues to be said for a car that has been in showroom, if it was a test drive vehicle I would say avoid it or buy it like its 2nd hand,
Also check exhaust of the car,
While taking test drive, rev the engine by slotting it in neutral to 3000-4000 rpm and try to keep it that way for 4-5s, observe whether the engine note is linear with throttle input
Observe the exhaust smoke (whether any particular coloration)
Tell Ford service to drain out old oil and add new oil before taking car to home
Observe ABC pedals for excess vibrations while idling
Check all fluids like brake,clutch,etc
Check whether hand brake is working
Check ignition time, some cars will take a lot of chocking before car starts off, shows signs of injector pressure issue.

Check these and one is fine to take the car

7-7.5 lakhs is a reasonable rate for a 2 year old unused Fiesta Titanium with company warranty

Its a gem of a car and I feel sad that it got discontinued and now the only Ford that feels like Ford is the Endeavour [anger].
I would suggest that you should bargain for some more discount and go for it if and only if Ford is giving you warranty, starting the day you get it registered. Also get a zero dep insurance for complete piece of mind. The most important aspect that you need to look into would be a thorough PDI. Keep us informed.

Hello Irfan C

A 2015 made car means that the car would be 2 year old already on RC. I would suggest you to opt out of this deal since there are many problems that might crop up on a car which has been idle for close to 2 years now. Practically speaking, no matter how good a car is, standing idle for long periods means trouble. Also since the dealer will be giving you a hefty discount, they *may* hold you responsible in case of warranty claims stating that you already knew about the condition of the car and were provided with discounts to compensate. Be very cautious on such purchases. I would personally have avoided it since one has to pay 7-8 Lacs anyway and expects complete peace of mind after spending such amount.

I checked used prices of Ford Fiesta on OBV app. For an unused 2015 model in excellent condition in New Delhi is close to 7.5 Lac in the used market. In reality, the prices are much lower, closer to the 6.5 Lac figure. So a 2 Lac discount is nothing. Stretch till 3 Lac + free new tyres, if not more. If the dealer doesn't budge, look elsewhere.

Regards,
Alpha
Hi Alpha,

Thanks for your revert wouldn't go for the deal unless i get a minimum of 4 lakh discount

Also heard the new Ciaz is n ts way with Sunroof and also 1.6 in the pipeline so that could be worth the wait.

Its a gem of a car and I feel sad that it got discontinued and now the only Ford that feels like Ford is the Endeavour [anger].
I would suggest that you should bargain for some more discount and go for it if and only if Ford is giving you warranty, starting the day you get it registered. Also get a zero dep insurance for complete piece of mind. The most important aspect that you need to look into would be a thorough PDI. Keep us informed.
Thanks for your revert wouldn't go for the deal unless i get a minimum of 4 lakh discount

Also heard the new Ciaz is n ts way with Sunroof and also 1.6 in the pipeline so that could be worth the wait.

If Ciaz is the kind of car @Irfan C is after then no need to look into the Fiesta
The Fiesta is a drivers car and it does have compromises like back seats which areno way near as good as Ciaz,City etc, even feature wise it dosent offer any modern tocuh screen system, its pakka drivers machine just like Fiat Linea is

If Ciaz attracted you the new Skoda Rapid/VW Vento Highline is way better than new Ciaz in my opinion. IF one has to choose the jack of all trades in the sedan segment , its easily the VW /Skoda twins,

If Ciaz is the kind of car @Irfan C is after then no need to look into the Fiesta
The Fiesta is a drivers car and it does have compromises like back seats which areno way near as good as Ciaz,City etc, even feature wise it dosent offer any modern tocuh screen system, its pakka drivers machine just like Fiat Linea is

If Ciaz attracted you the new Skoda Rapid/VW Vento Highline is way better than new Ciaz in my opinion. IF one has to choose the jack of all trades in the sedan segment , its easily the VW /Skoda twins,
Hi,

It so happened i called the dealer for the car last weekend and he couldnt come stating the car is in the stockyard and we will get it this weekend.
I call him today he says the belt has broken and they have ordered the part it will come in a weekend time from today.Since Amma passed away so everything shut..

So the Fear I had has been highlighted already...mostly will cancel the decision of buying this car.(Fiesta)

As far as VW/Skoda goes have already sold a polo after owning 3 years and running around with VW for after sales which was a nightmare. If given a choice would love to own the New Rapid A/T but the after sales stories keep me away. Even all my friends had a nightmare with Skoda and VW and lot of my friends had to pay exhobirant amount to replace the fuel injectors AC vents and Steering columns .

Thats why considering CIAZ as Creta is way out of my budget.

So will wait and watch if the new CIAZ doesnt excites me will go for Baleno Alpha Petrol or i 20 asta crdi which will be the safest bet with good enough luggage space.

I've got the car out from service today. The car clocked 29943 and was sent to FASS for 30k service.

Total cost - Rs.5052.00
Action - Nothing. Just regular oil change and fuel filter as recommended.
Action required - Nothing. Going as great as ever.

Got the tyres MC5 rotated after 10k and followed with a free wheel alignment. I've attached the service bill here.

We have booked New Year weekend stay in JLR Karwar which is situated in an island in Karwar. The trip is planned for 2 families in 2 cars - my Fiesta and Duster AWD.

The plan is to drive from Erode reaching Mangalore through Madikeri and reach Udupi. After a couple of days in Udipi, 2 days planned in Gokarna before we reach Karwar for new year weekend. Based on time, we'll decide further trip.

Hopefully it will be an enjoyable trip in 2 great cars. I'll update the drive after this 2000kms trip.

Attachments

My Fiesta has covered 34000kms. I've noticed some grinding sound from my wheels and took it to wheel care yesterday and after examination of all the tyres I found heel and toe grinding on the outer edges on my MC5. This happened on all 4 tyres. The alignment values when checked are fine. Could someone throw light on what could have happened? What's the solution? The tyres have covered 14k so far.

My Fiesta has covered 34000kms. I've noticed some grinding sound from my wheels and took it to wheel care yesterday and after examination of all the tyres I found heel and toe grinding on the outer edges on my MC5. This happened on all 4 tyres. The alignment values when checked are fine. Could someone throw light on what could have happened? What's the solution? The tyres have covered 14k so far.
Is it front wheels only where the grinding has occurred? if so @F4frewin can try changing front tires to back and then do alignment and wheel balancing once again and see if this persists then it can be some thing related to the car, but most probably it will be because of an improper previous alignment

My Whitee Odo now reads 16350 kms,now I have shifted to Bangalore and the average in purely city traffic is 18.5 kmpl.Had to change one tyre,could not get theGood year Eagle tyres.engine has quietened a bit now,will not percolate inside the cabin while cruising.Since its rare on the road draws attention for its look,people confuse it with the Aspire but when they see the badge they don't understand!!!!!.Ask me whether I have got it imported,but will be disappointed when I reply that its production stopped 2 years back.

My Whitee Odo now reads 16350 kms,now I have shifted to Bangalore and the average in purely city traffic is 18.5 kmpl.Had to change one tyre,could not get theGood year Eagle tyres.engine has quietened a bit now,will not percolate inside the cabin while cruising.Since its rare on the road draws attention for its look,people confuse it with the Aspire but when they see the badge they don't understand!!!!!.Ask me whether I have got it imported,but will be disappointed when I reply that its production stopped 2 years back.
Now on just say its an imoorted Ford costing worth 20 lakhs. Who knows maybe your car will fetch an incredible resale value after 5 or 6 years of use.

Sorry for the delayed reply. The problem was investigated and the sound actually was originating from heel and toe wear if the tyres. My regular alignment shop is the culprit, they have had the car set on the alignment values of Classic Fiesta. I have to live with the problem for another 30k kms before I change tyres. The car was checked for mechanicals and Ford certifies them very good!

As of now, I have rotated the tyres to run them on opposite direction and the noise seem to have reduced but still audible. The tyres have covered close to 20k and MC5 seem good for another 30 to 35k.

Last edited:
Last week, during a regular drive, a goat whilst being played with some kids had suddenly crossed the road with enthusiasm and came just in front of my car all of a sudden. I noticed that there was a good crowd on the road side and decided not to brake vigorously to avoid any mishap to humans. I just pumped the brake and allow the car to hit the goat at much lower speed. Fortunately, the goat just had to overcome the shock of a knock of a car at 50kmph. But, there was some damages to the car. I'll update the pics.

Last edited:

Top Bottom