Ford Fiesta 2014 Review & Pictures: Fascinating Fiesta

Re: Ford Fiesta 2014: Review | Test Drive | Pictures

+100

absolutely agree. Ford fiesta is for enthusiast who wants a car with razor sharp handling and quality ride at a comfortable price. I took TD of fiesta only once when i was in the process of buying ecosport. Boy, the car's handling, refinement and ride blew me away. This car is like point and shoot. Just give input through the steering wheel and the car will follow without any drama. With the current face lift the car has become more desirable [:D].

Definitely this car is not for the people who wants little bit of everything in a single package.
+100
Absolutely @D.J.D
I have seen lot of people complaining about Fiestas back seat,its interior quality isnt worth a the price tag etc, but what they absolutely miss is the cars soul, its a much much different car compared to all other C segment sedans in India, and that includes the Linea too, wherein Linea they have prioritized Indian needs
The Fiesta is a pure European breed, actually the dynamic prowess of Fiesta is way beyond class expectations and sadly our roads dosent do justice to completely exploit its abilities
I had a feeling that with each generation the old school mechanical feel and precision of cars like Ford Classic/Palio 1.6 was starting to fade away but the new Fiesta/Linea are cars that actually holds on to these virtues without spoiling any of its past abilities and adds even more to it
Majority of Indian customer dosent have the passion and knowledge to understand the importance of dynamics and engineering built into these cars, majority say whats the problem of a Vento,City etc, it also goes into the direction in which it is steered , changes gears quickly and yet has more space and comforts,so why not a Fiesta?
Even I cant answer them their queries but once I get the feel,the precision,the supreme body control,the agility up front,all this without ride quality compromise I get floored,
its like if a normal guy is made to drive a Porsche on a busy Indian street the person may find it cramped and even uncomfortable due to its bucket seat structure and sporty dash and super tight suspension,heavy steering feel,sensitive clutch etc and to make worse the person will hate it more because even if a Aston Martin has power one cant use more than 50% of it on our roads, but that dosent make it a bad car
Fiesta is like that, in FWD cars terminology Fiesta/Linea re like Aston Martin/Jaguar which are totally impractical in India but for a passionate driver no other machine in this world can satisfy him more
Vento/Rapid is another great drivers car, but its like a typical Audi, has lots of power,quality,comfort ,lots of traction but has no real feel and fools a drivers skills, its electronics keep the car moving faster and falters the driver

@Vibhor:

I needed to confirm a couple of things regarding the new Fiesta.

Actually for the wedding of our friend's sister, the new Fiesta is planned as a gift, hence I just wanted to get your input as our guruji as well as a Fiesta owner on a couple of questions:

1) Whats your take on new Fiesta?
2) Do you recommend Fiesta over Verna or Vento or City? I have driven City and liked it, other two are more than driven but never tried the latest Fiesta.
3) Is it same as the Fiesta(the one it replaces) in character?
4) FE and maintenance, is the maintenance still on a higher side? What's your experience with Ford?
5) No new Fiesta is available at Orchid Ford Meerut an they are like "there is booking etc etc". Is it same in Delhi too? If no, then please provide me with the contact info of some person at any good Ford dealership you know.

@TSIVipulAll the cars that you mentioned are good cars but Ford is simply brilliant. If the one who is driving this, is a car guy, then he will certainly love it. (I owned a 2006 fiesta TDCI) Coming to the maintanence part, I can guarantee you that it's cheaper to maintain than all the cars that you have mentioned above, provided that it's serviced periodically on time. Especially the spare part prices of the fiesta are cheaper than verna,vento and city. And spare part prices of the Honda City are very high. I reckon,u find out. Ford engine needs a lot of lubrication, depending on the usage you need to change the fluids regularly, that's it. And I recommend that you drive the car and get the feel of it once. If not Fiesta, I would be buying the one you drive. The Corolla D4D which appeals to me for its practicality & reliability. And for the rest of your queries, 350z is the man.

@TSIVipulAll the cars that you mentioned are good cars but Ford is simply brilliant. If the one who is driving this, is a car guy, then he will certainly love it. (I owned a 2006 fiesta TDCI) Coming to the maintanence part, I can guarantee you that it's cheaper to maintain than all the cars that you have mentioned above, provided that it's serviced periodically on time.
I have seen a lot of people complaining that Fiesta starts asking for sensors and all replacements at around 60-70k kms. Is it really so? In fact one Fiesta in my circle itself got such replacements done with around 70k kms on odo and the bills were really high.
If not, then please pour some light on the maintenance practices you are following.

Especially the spare part prices of the fiesta are cheaper than verna,vento and city. And spare part prices of the Honda City are very high.
I also have the same experience with Honda City, but Vento is the one whose spares are priced even higher for a couple of parts. But yes, Honda City has very costly spares but the life of the parts is also well justified for the cost.

I reckon,u find out. Ford engine needs a lot of lubrication, depending on the usage you need to change the fluids regularly, that's it.
Please elaborate.

And I recommend that you drive the car and get the feel of it once. If not Fiesta, I would be buying the one you drive. The Corolla D4D which appeals to me for its practicality & reliability. And for the rest of your queries, 350z is the man.
Ehh, I need to update my thread with current condition of the car and yes, now it's nearing its retirement(1 lac kms) and I guess I'll get my next Toyota(For my father - it needs to be 'only' a Toyota) within 5-6 months. But yes, that car was good at the price I got it, now I'd go for a Jetta or Octy if I am going to pay such money. In terms of practicality and reliability, there is really no match for Corolla and even better is the Toyota A.S.S. - they are damn impressive.
But looking at the price, I guess Corolla won't fit the case I am querying here for. But I'd like to know more about Fiesta. But yes, looking at the reviews of current owners and their new offerings - 'Ford is getting more and more interesting each day'.

@Vibhor:

After looking at this picture:
IRVM.PNG

I am doubtful if the IRVM of Fiesta is of any much use(they must pay attention towards it while designing) other than being a 'gossip' mirror for the occupants and driver. What's your experience with this? I tried to find it in review but haven't found it there.

Last edited:

@Vibhor:

I needed to confirm a couple of things regarding the new Fiesta.

Actually for the wedding of our friend's sister, the new Fiesta is planned as a gift, hence I just wanted to get your input as our guruji as well as a Fiesta owner on a couple of questions:

1) Whats your take on new Fiesta?
2) Do you recommend Fiesta over Verna or Vento or City? I have driven City and liked it, other two are more than driven but never tried the latest Fiesta.
3) Is it same as the Fiesta(the one it replaces) in character?
4) FE and maintenance, is the maintenance still on a higher side? What's your experience with Ford?
5) No new Fiesta is available at Orchid Ford Meerut an they are like "there is booking etc etc". Is it same in Delhi too? If no, then please provide me with the contact info of some person at any good Ford dealership you know.
Im using the Fiesta (Diesel Style variant) for the past 8 months. Im very much satisfied with it. Let me give you my feedback.

1. Absolutely brilliant. The driving pleasure you get is simply awesome. Im damn sure it can even beat all cars in the 25L price range in the feel what you get it in driving. Rear seat comfort is quite cramped compared to my earlier car Manza. But its ok for short travel.

2. As fiesta is miles ahead in the handling, it is far better than Verna & City. But it is almost equal to Vento. As far as features are concerned it lags in many aspects in the mid range compared to Verna/City. Since Ford offers ABS & Airbag in the base model, you can still opt for some basic accessories.

3. The 2014 fiesta has the same mechanicals compared to the earlier version. But the changes are already discussed in the forum.

4. Im getting a average mileage of 20.5 KMPL in my local drive. Im yet to take a long drive. Im sure it will return atleast 22 KMPL in long drives. Maintenance is damn cheap. Believe me i just got Rs. 2362 as the bill amount in the 2nd service. Im even ready to share the bill.

5. No idea in booking related queries bro. [confused]

1. Absolutely brilliant. The driving pleasure you get is simply awesome. Im damn sure it can even beat all cars in the 25L price range in the feel what you get it in driving. Rear seat comfort is quite cramped compared to my earlier car Manza. But its ok for short travel.
Is it more spacious than Classic? If yes, then its fine.

2. As fiesta is miles ahead in the handling, it is far better than Verna & City. But it is almost equal to Vento. As far as features are concerned it lags in many aspects in the mid range compared to Verna/City. Since Ford offers ABS & Airbag in the base model, you can still opt for some basic accessories.
I guess you mean Rapid, because City and Rapid, both handles better than Vento and Verna. I don't have any doubt on the ride and handling of Fiesta - c'mon man, it's a Ford. Making ABS standard across the variants is a welcome move by Ford.

3. The 2014 fiesta has the same mechanicals compared to the earlier version. But the changes are already discussed in the forum.
Will look at them, I guess it won't offer any issues and the mechanicals are a bit identical to Ecosport and I have one in my relation with more then 30k kms on odo and its doing well. Hence I believe that mechanicals will be good.

4. Im getting a average mileage of 20.5 KMPL in my local drive. Im yet to take a long drive. Im sure it will return atleast 22 KMPL in long drives. Maintenance is damn cheap. Believe me i just got Rs. 2362 as the bill amount in the 2nd service. Im even ready to share the bill.
This FE and service bill sounds astonishing.
I guess we need to open a new thread regarding the ownership experiences of Ford customers, looks like a lot of myths are meant to be broken as people(including me to some extent) still consider Fords to be maintenance bombs with expensive spares.

Is it more spacious than Classic? If yes, then its fine.

I guess we need to open a new thread regarding the ownership experiences of Ford customers, looks like a lot of myths are meant to be broken as people(including me to some extent) still consider Fords to be maintenance bombs with expensive spares.
No its not spacious compared to Classic in the rear. But for the driver & co-passenger I feel Fiesta is better than Classic.

Yes, Im getting a constant of 20 KMPL using full tank method. Im using fuel from IOC in a particular station ONLY.

Hello Everyone.

This is my first ever post on this forum. And, I would like to take this opportunity by announcing a big achievement of owning a precious beauty.

Yes, I have booked a Black Beauty and that too with full support from my "BETTER HALF".[clap]

The thing which amazed me more about it, is the statement by the sales executive, who says that this is there first booking for this car (The only dealer available in my city). As my old old set of wheels was the last piece sold in the City of its registration (The pretty little Red Zennie).

Regards
Vikrant

Hi i am driving Ford Ecosport TDCi for the last 10 months. So far crossed 18K km. Number of services done 2. During this 18K run my maintenance cost was only 2K (i.e. for second service) that's all. Fuel efficiency i am getting 20 kmpl with AC. I think compared to earlier days Ford has changed a lot.

TSIVipul; said:

I used figo for 3 years, i havent spent more than 2000 per service, mileage was damn good, contunually driving with in 70 to 90 on highway gave me an astronishing 25 kmpl and even under high speed and rough handling i got around 18 kmpl on highway with A/C

Am done with 10k in my ecosport first service costs nill and second service costs me 2000 including tax

Am getting 20+ mileage on high way, even if abused badly it gives 18 with A/C spares and maintance is cheap and acceptable

I have seen a lot of people complaining that Fiesta starts asking for sensors and all replacements at around 60-70k kms. Is it really so? In fact one Fiesta in my circle itself got such replacements done with around 70k kms on odo and the bills were really high.
If not, then please pour some light on the maintenance practices you are following.

I also have the same experience with Honda City, but Vento is the one whose spares are priced even higher for a couple of parts. But yes, Honda City has very costly spares but the life of the parts is also well justified for the cost.

Please elaborate.
"I reckon,you find out". I was talking about Honda City spare part prices.

Actually Fiesta is not so poor in reliability as you think. Its better than VW/Skoda in terms of reliability. Actually there were clutch sensor switch issue in my fiesta & oil leakage from injector seal. Which was later rectified.

I have written a brief overview of my ownership experience in this thread
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/9161-all-new-ford-fiesta-ownership-review-my-new-friend-6.html

1.4 TDCI is a very old school engine. It doesn't even have an intercooler. The problem with that MK-II engine was, it can build up carbon deposits if the engine oil has not been changed on time. Its build by Ford of Britain and PSA (peugeot citroën) group. And latest one is Mk-7 1.6 TDCI which is all aluminium block engine used in many cars like mazda-2, peugeot and even in the Mini-cooper. If you see, you dont find these engines giving much trouble in these cars but you find it troublesome in the fiesta. Because the way, the engine was put in, the way the turbo feed pipes are layed out is choking the turbo of oil which was a known design flaw, but it was back in 2007 (UK)and in 2008 this problem was rectified after which we received this engine in 2011 for the new Fiesta. when the viscosity of the oil was reduced, the chances of carbon build up is more and the chances of oil leakage from the head gasket is also more, and in UK they had 15,000 miles interval for oil change which also catered to the problems. And optimum quantity of the oil should be maintained. Ford knows this, but they ignored. But in the new version they have rectified the design flaw. They have rectified the injector seal issues too. But still, the car is sensitive to oil change intervals. If you skip an oil change, then engine can build carbon and there by choking the turbo. And the turbo goes into self destruction mode. There is no way, you can remove the entire carbon content from the engine. But this will only happen if you skip oil an change.

And coming to the sensors and electronics. All the latest cars are prone to failure when equipped with technology. These technologically advanced cars are good to go for 5-6 years. And there is no guarantee that these sensors will work after certain period, it depends on usage and pure luck. Whether its Honda or a Toyota. Electronics do go bad. Why do you think all Toyota cars are under equipped and old school ? Its just for the sake of reliability. Etios is the best example. Even corolla, just because people crave for features they included ACC. The rest all is very old school.

I have seen some Fiestas where fan goes kaput and driver doesn't pay attention and engine head blown off. But most of them are solved, now in Ecosport. If the thermostat fails and engine is getting heated up, a light will be popping on the MID. In fiesta Titanium , it shows both temp and notification. So there is nothing much to be afraid of. I would say, Fiesta would be trouble free if you get the oil change done every 7,500kms and replace the coolant every 20k and solve the issues immediately without delaying it. So in order to maintain a fiesta u need to have a good ASS or u need to get it done.

The injectors that were used in fiesta before, were from Delphi and the injectors now used were from Bosch and the ECU is also from Bosch. Before timing chain was belt driven & now it's chain driven. So if you think in a way, the sensors and electronics that are put in are chosen by OEM manufacturer, not everything is manufactured by vehicle manufacturer it's depends on their supply chain.

For Ex% Tata Nano uses Honda's compressor for powering its AC.

Last edited:

5. No idea in booking related queries bro. [confused]
Here in Hyderabad, we have immediate delivery if the vehicle you want is white colour. I just confirmed. Since there is not much demand for Fiesta internationally or domestically, I assume that it shouldn't take much time to deliver the car.

Hello Everyone.

This is my first ever post on this forum. And, I would like to take this opportunity by announcing a big achievement of owning a precious beauty.

Yes, I have booked a Black Beauty and that too with full support from my "BETTER HALF"

The thing which amazed me more about it, is the statement by the sales executive, who says that this is there first booking for this car (The only dealer available in my city). As my old old set of wheels was the last piece sold in the City of its registration (The pretty little Red Zennie).

Regards
Vikrant
Wow thats great, which variant did @INS-VIKRANT opt for and do share pics and owner ship reviews as well
Happy drive[:D]

Here in Hyderabad, we have immediate delivery if the vehicle you want is white colour. I just confirmed. Since there is not much demand for Fiesta internationally or domestically, I assume that it shouldn't take much time to deliver the car.
I got disappointed again went to Ford showroom yesterday and still they dont have at least an Ambiente variant for display , and when asked about bookings they stood like posts clueless[frustration]

Wow thats great, which variant did @INS-VIKRANT opt for and do share pics and owner ship reviews as well
Happy drive[:D]

I got disappointed again went to Ford showroom yesterday and still they dont have at least an Ambiente variant for display , and when asked about bookings they stood like posts clueless[frustration]
What's wrong with Kairali Ford ? [frustration] we have cars for display and test drive cars in all the 3 showrooms in Hyderabad. And we also have Fiesta ready in stock. And immediate deliveries are also available upon booking. I expected waiting periods for fiesta. But there are no waiting periods. I think it's problem with your local dealer in acquiring the new Fiesta.

Top Bottom