Ford Fiesta 2014 Review & Pictures: Fascinating Fiesta

Re: Ford Fiesta 2014: Review | Test Drive | Pictures

Great review and the much awaited in TAI for a while. A big thumps up for Vibhor and team.
My doubt is without touching the mechanical's how did FORD manage to get 25 kmpl ARAI certification???

Awesome review of the most value for money car IMO.
Good thing is safety has been taken care of very well. ABS is standard across all variants. Base variant gets at driver size airbag, while others get both airbags.

My doubt is without touching the mechanical's how did FORD manage to get 25 kmpl ARAI certification???
Ford claims that there was some changes in the aerodynamics and it resulted in a good mileage. Not sure if we can get it the real life. [confused]

New Fiesta looks decent..interiors are pretty much similar to Ecosport. Really liked the small storage places here and there to store knick knacks. The rear seat seems to be wider than Ecosport and will comfortably seat three abreast..it's also got the the middle armrest ; sorely lacking in Ecosport. However ground clearance at 156 mm is pretty low..presume will kiss the humps when fully loaded.

Nice review @350Z, and excellent pics ,
Any news on how the stock will be managed by Ford, we are already hearing that only 2 cars per month will be allotted per dealer and to make matters worse

Hey 350Z,
Very nice and in-depth review of my once-upon-a-time dreamt vehicle. Here is my frank opinion.

Ford has always managed to come up with great designs to cope with the current market competition.

Overall, it looks great. But the as compared to other similar mid-segment sedans, the material looks to be very cheap (though, to reduce the price), interior feels to be very compact (reminds me of a eight member family staying in a single bedroom flat), unnecessary and very odd storage space provided, less safety features, less ground clearance leads to bumpy ride, three rear passengers has to struggle for space, buggy and confusing dashboard, etc, etc.

Only positive thing I can see is its looks. Macho man like muscular body shape. Awesome alloy wheels (17" expected, though, and would have helped in increased ground clearance).

All in all, a very nice review with great pictures, as always.

Peace.

Last edited:

One word, Awesome, Awesome and Awesome review @350z [clap]. All the details are clearly mentioned and a very good attention to detail summary. I felt that it's worth the wait to see this review at last. Pictures have indeed spoken a thousand words. I can safely say that this is the place where one can get all the details of the 2014 Ford Fiesta.

Thanks for the detailed review @350Z. I'm not sure why do they discontinued petrol variant.With the sort of pricing they would have made decent sales figures.
Frankly speaking, I could see some cosmetic+safety features as standard+right pricing is all 2014 fiesta has brought us

Again as expected another crisp and clear review from Vibhor,

Lets see how the sales of fiesta in coming weeks

Thread Starter #27

350Z

Core Team

I was actually waiting to read this review from TAI.

Fantastic write up.
Great review and the much awaited in TAI for a while. A big thumps up for Vibhor and team.
One word, Awesome, Awesome and Awesome review @350z [. All the details are clearly mentioned and a very good attention to detail summary. I felt that it's worth the wait to see this review at last. Pictures have indeed spoken a thousand words. I can safely say that this is the place where one can get all the details of the 2014 Ford Fiesta.
Again as expected another crisp and clear review from Vibhor, Lets see how the sales of fiesta in coming weeks
Thanks. To be honest, it happened second time (after Volkswagen Polo GT TSi) that I literally felt like buying the car while writing its review. :biggrin:

First, answering the questions from this thread (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...aunched-price-rs-7-69-lakh-21.html#post390309).

Can you find out whether they are planning to launch an automatic variant later?
No plans to introduce a Diesel automatic at least, according to Mr.Piparsania. Though I genuinely hope Petrol version makes a comeback.

Things I would like to know
1. How hard is the clutch? the 2011 model had very hard clutch
More or less similar to Classic. Mentioned in the review.

2. Turbo lag below 2000 rpm sure it will be there but is it as pronounced and annoying as in the 2011 new fiesta ?
Yes. More details included in the review.

3. Does steering wheel adjust reach and rake?
Only tilt adjustable steering.

4. Has Ford increased the ground clearance of new Fiesta sedan?
No.

a brief details on diffrence between outgoing model and new model (such as what future / option in existing model is going to be removed on new model and what new future / options we have in the new car)
These details are already included in the review. Hope it helps.

Ford claims that there was some changes in the aerodynamics and it resulted in a good mileage. Not sure if we can get it the real life.
There's 3% reduction in drag which has apparently helped to increase FE. It's possible they might have performed some tweaks through ECU too.

Did they give any hint of launching Petrol models?
Nope.

Nice review @350Z, and excellent pics ,
Any news on how the stock will be managed by Ford, we are already hearing that only 2 cars per month will be allotted per dealer and to make matters worse
I asked Mr.Piparsania and he admits that EcoSport deliveries could have been managed in a better manner. However, now that they've learned a lesson, he seemed confident that such issues are unlikely to happen in future. I’m not sure about the authenticity of ‘2 cars per month’. That doesn't seem to be the case in Delhi so far.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hey 350Z,
Very nice and in-depth review of my once-upon-a-time dreamt vehicle. Here is my frank opinion.

Ford has always managed to come up with great designs to cope with the current market competition.

Overall, it looks great. But the as compared to other similar mid-segment sedans, the material looks to be very cheap (though, to reduce the price), interior feels to be very compact (reminds me of a eight member family staying in a single bedroom flat), unnecessary and very odd storage space provided, less safety features, less ground clearance leads to bumpy ride, three rear passengers has to struggle for space, buggy and confusing dashboard, etc, etc.

Only positive thing I can see is its looks. Macho man like muscular body shape. Awesome alloy wheels (17" expected, though, and would have helped in increased ground clearance).

All in all, a very nice review with great pictures, as always.

Peace.
I cant agree with that
Sure Fiesta has least space,not the best ergonomics for rear passengers
But regarding interior quality,refinement,power,ride/handling,even ground clearance Fiesta facelift will have no issues
Its a car thats aimed at a customer who dosent need limousine space,Bentley quality,Bugatti power,Rolls Royce comfort
Its a car thats aimed at a specific customer , a customer who really likes driving,technology,sporty looks,quality ride and handling,refinement when not excited and one thats cheap to own and run and Fiesta is still the best car for a person who prioritizes these demands over practicality,space, etc

Excellent Review Vibhor. Felt like reading again and again :).

Also, thank you so much for including and sharing my review link in the related links.

Cheers

Its a car thats aimed at a customer who dosent need limousine space,Bentley quality,Bugatti power,Rolls Royce comfort
Its a car thats aimed at a specific customer , a customer who really likes driving,technology,sporty looks,quality ride and handling,refinement when not excited and one thats cheap to own and run and Fiesta is still the best car for a person who prioritizes these demands over practicality,space, etc
+100

absolutely agree. Ford fiesta is for enthusiast who wants a car with razor sharp handling and quality ride at a comfortable price. I took TD of fiesta only once when i was in the process of buying ecosport. Boy, the car's handling, refinement and ride blew me away. This car is like point and shoot. Just give input through the steering wheel and the car will follow without any drama. With the current face lift the car has become more desirable [:D].

Definitely this car is not for the people who wants little bit of everything in a single package.

Top Bottom