Ford Fiesta 2014 Review & Pictures: Fascinating Fiesta

Re: Ford Fiesta 2014: Review | Test Drive | Pictures

Wow thats great, which variant did @INS-VIKRANT opt for and do share pics and owner ship reviews as well
Happy drive[:D]
Thanks a lot @1989rs500, not only for the wishes but for the immense knowledge you shared about this beauty on this thread.
Actually, I was confused over the two T's, and then came the words of my kiddo to my rescue "Papa bina chabhi waali hi car lena", and then there left only 1 option to go with "Titanium".
The waiting time quoted here as 1 month to me, because of the color of my choice. Also me too not in big hurry because of some official commitments in Bangalore for these 2 weeks.

@Vibhor:
5) No new Fiesta is available at Orchid Ford Meerut an they are like "there is booking etc etc". Is it same in Delhi too? If no, then please provide me with the contact info of some person at any good Ford dealership you know.
Here in NCR region, I think a few ones are readily available for delivery, if you don't go for color options (smoke grey might be available in Trend and Titanium variant at dealers in Gurgaon & Faridabad). And, in my opinion these should be the one's choice as only they provide the complete safety kit available for this car.

Hello Everyone.

This is my first ever post on this forum. And, I would like to take this opportunity by announcing a big achievement of owning a precious beauty.
Regards
Vikrant
Congrats for booking the beauty buddy. No doubt, this is the best car for the self driven in the price range, in fact even upto 20 lac. What's the on-road price there at HR?

Hi i am driving Ford Ecosport TDCi for the last 10 months. So far crossed 18K km. Number of services done 2. During this 18K run my maintenance cost was only 2K (i.e. for second service) that's all. Fuel efficiency i am getting 20 kmpl with AC. I think compared to earlier days Ford has changed a lot.
Am getting 20+ mileage on high way, even if abused badly it gives 18 with A/C spares and maintance is cheap and acceptable
The service charges and the FE figures you guys are achieving are really astonishing. I would like to know your driving practices as well as your gearshift patterns. I also drive the Ecosport(3 in friend circle and one in relation) and I never got over 17-17.5 kpl(overall).

Here in Hyderabad, we have immediate delivery if the vehicle you want is white colour. I just confirmed. Since there is not much demand for Fiesta internationally or domestically, I assume that it shouldn't take much time to deliver the car.
That's the difference in being 500 and 2500 kms away from the manufacturing facility of Ford.

What's wrong with Kairali Ford ? [frustration] we have cars for display and test drive cars in all the 3 showrooms in Hyderabad. And we also have Fiesta ready in stock. And immediate deliveries are also available upon booking. I expected waiting periods for fiesta. But there are no waiting periods. I think it's problem with your local dealer in acquiring the new Fiesta.
Here are waitings, they are asking to wait for around a week(10-12 days to be precise). 4 days is minimum. One month waiting, like in case of INS is maybe because he is asking for top end variant and some select color.

Last edited:

Dont relay completely on FE indicator on any car because it calculates in a diffrent way,

During my last long ride on Ecosport i got 22.53 kmpl based on tank full method

But car FE indicator shows 19 kmpl
Driving pattern
85% long drives
Smooth acceleration and driving with in 90 kmph
Occationally burst close to 140 but increase speed smoothly

Congrats for booking the beauty buddy. No doubt, this is the best car for the self driven in the price range, in fact even upto 20 lac. What's the on-road price there at HR?
Sure I too think the same way, have driven a Skoda Laura 2.0 TDi which can be called as handling benchmark of the class
Its electrically assisted hydraulic steering has feel and its very linear as well but it tends to get too heavy under heavy acceleration and when at highway speeds its kind of numb at dead center as well, also the car feels very heavy under high speed corners, but the ESP is very strong and cuts power when front wheels start slipping and keeps under steer under control, but that gives a feeling that the cars electronics is doing too much intervention to keep the car to follow the line , its immediately felt if we do a braking while taking a corner at speeds excess of 60 kmph, we will see the ESP blinking on the tacho and at that point if we mash the throttle too the car wont respond, it will cut throttle application till the front tires find grip, in one way thats a super safe way to keep the car in control but for a pure enthusiast it just destroys the final touch that makes a car glide through the corner
In same situation in a Fiesta the car rotates with a slight slip of the rear end, but the beauty of Fiesta is we can correct the rear end easily with extra throttle input or with reverse steering flick and it just begs to do it again and again
All these are things that one might not notice on a regular basis but the Fiesta even without ESP has the control that can rival a car with ESP, I cant be sure whether the Linea can do that because its heaviness obstructs its motions at limits
I also remember cornering pre facelift Fiesta at speeds just over 80 kmph,The Vento was another surprise which came close, I was too cautious with Laura as the wheels as that set of wheels is really an expensive one, there were good tyre squeal sounds from Fiesta but it just came back like an obedient puppy , Note all these drivings were done in perfectly controlled environment and with almost 0 traffic

About mileage TDCi wont disappoint no need to worry about that, its the lack of Power that might disappoint some people but its adequate for daily use, still as Fiesta is a drivers car more power would have been much more welcome
Fiesta 1.0 ecoboosts mileage run in USA
note mpg to kmpl= mpg x 0.425
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agJhftXqBZs
Fiesta facelift short drive by NDTV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC_xXFWCQ-g

Last edited:

I also remember cornering pre facelift Fiesta at speeds just over 80 kmph,The Vento was another surprise which came close, I was too cautious with Laura as the wheels as that set of wheels is really an expensive one, there were good tyre squeal sounds from Fiesta but it just came back like an obedient puppy , Note all these drivings were done in perfectly controlled environment and with almost 0 traffic

When I went to Kairali Ford during the 2nd Service of my Fiesta, the service engineer was discussing some facts about the Fiesta.

One customer who was planning to buy a fiesta He wants to check the stability of the it during the cornering at the speed of 100 KMPH. They checked it in the road in the backside of the trivandrum airport. It was driven by a highly talented driver from Kairali and it was in perfect control at all the corners which was almost 70-80 deg. @1989rs500 hope you might know the roads in the backside of the airport.

When I went to Kairali Ford during the 2nd Service of my Fiesta, the service engineer was discussing some facts about the Fiesta.

One customer who was planning to buy a fiesta He wants to check the stability of the it during the cornering at the speed of 100 KMPH. They checked it in the road in the backside of the trivandrum airport. It was driven by a highly talented driver from Kairali and it was in perfect control at all the corners which was almost 70-80 deg. @1989rs500 hope you might know the roads in the backside of the airport.
Very well @msjawahar and where did msjawahar think i did all these, we too tested it on these roads and some of the other enthusiastic driving at Kochuveli road and some near the KIMS technopark route
But I think 100 kmph is too ambitious, when I tried new Fiesta we had lot of body roll at 80+ kmph and tyres were straining for grip but what saved the Fiesta is pin point sharp steering which perfectly gave idea of where tyres are and the excellent front suspension tuning which even under high stresses was happy to take more load
I am sure if we try cornering at speeds excess of 90 kmph the Fiestas back tyre will get cocked and will get lifted up, but again Fiestas chassis can handle it, still I wouldnt go to that extent
We ran with AC off so there was very little turbo lag which helped a lot while taking slow corners, the pace king was VW Vento, it was a rocket after 2000 rpm, I think it can easily hold its own even before the Laura 2.0 TDi, on straight line Fiesta struggled after 90 kmph when compared with Vento
The best thing I liked about Fiesta is eagerness to change direction even after 100 kmph, it was so nimble and light feeling, brakes were great too, good feel and punchy as well, between Fiesta and Vento there wasnt much but it was the feel and overall driver satisfaction that made Fiesta a superb highlight, even the Laura owner and Vento owner wanted to drive Fiesta more, because they didnt expect this kind of feel from an under dog with just 90 HP

Nice review sir[clap] , we are thinking to book fiesta titanium in white today and get delivery on 12th july . OTR 10,9x,xxx approx so is it worth buying ? . We presently have an indigo petrol .Honda city diesel is better or fiesta . Also in city only s variant falls under our budget .
Thanks! :help:
Requirements:
1.) Easy to maintain
2.) good performance ( high speed stability , handling etc)
3.) atleast 20Kmpl
4.) looks
5.) will keep atleast for 8 years

I like fiesta more than city but 91ps is let down.

Last edited:

Nice review sir[clap] , we are thinking to book fiesta titanium in white today and get delivery on 12th july . OTR 10,9x,xxx approx so is it worth buying ? . We presently have an indigo petrol .Honda city diesel is better or fiesta . Also in city only s variant falls under our budget .
Requirements:
1.) Easy to maintain
3.) atleast 20Kmpl
4.) looks

There is no way that Honda City is going to give you high speed stability with those cycle tyres, Honda City is a mileage Maniac. Maintanence wise both cars would be more or less the same. But Honda will be a bit more, because of its spare parts prices. There is already a difference of 1 lakh rupees between Titanium variant and V-variant from Honda City. Where you will be saving a lakh rupees if you buy a Fiesta. Looks are subjective, I like the Ford more but some will like the city. And body strength wise, hands down its fiesta. Honda has made out of tin like feeling. I felt the body strength of the fiesta to be at par with German cousins. Regarding the time of ownership, the old school cars like my swift, Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCI can be kept for those many years. But these technology packed cars are good to go without a hitch for 6 years. " I am being Honest with you" I won't say that they will give up on you, but don't expect cheaper bills. The engine won't give up at all if you service it well. But things like suspension, wheel bearings, sensors, ACC unit might go bad. I am saying they might. It all depends on your driving,maintanence and luck. Mostly the electronics in the car will give you trouble. I bet that Fiesta's ACC control unit will cost cheaper to replace when compared with Honda's gimmicky touch screen ACC unit.

And Finally, I highly recommend you, to drive both the cars. observe the NVH levels of both the cars, experience the ride and handling, check out the steering precision of both the cars. And then, finally the choice is upto you. Honda's engine has 100bhp and Fiesta's engine is 91 bhp but it's a very torquey engine, don't let the figures fools you, just drive the car once. Being SOHC, it's has good low end torque.

P.S Honda City will command more resale value, but who cares about resale value after 8 years ? And we don't know what might be the trend of second hand cars after 8 years.

Last edited:

The OTR includes following components
Ex Showroom price: 935258
Logistics: 6250 (can't understand what is this, but none of the dealer seems to be ready with compromising it)
HSRP: 365
Essential Kit: 4500 (includes mud flaps, floor mats, boot mat, freshner & doc holder) Opting all this, as being a new car these things may not be readily available in after market. Dealer was ready to go part with it.
Insurance: 27798 +5990 (for 0 dep, but I not going with it as Tata AIG is offering its 0 dep in under 30000)

So, approximately it is costing 1037793. I feel that all the above components includes some part of ransom being charged to me.

The OTR includes following components
Ex Showroom price: 935258
Logistics: 6250 (can't understand what is this, but none of the dealer seems to be ready with compromising it)
HSRP: 365
Essential Kit: 4500 (includes mud flaps, floor mats, boot mat, freshner & doc holder) Opting all this, as being a new car these things may not be readily available in after market. Dealer was ready to go part with it.
Insurance: 27798 +5990 (for 0 dep, but I not going with it as Tata AIG is offering its 0 dep in under 30000)

So, approximately it is costing 1037793. I feel that all the above components includes some part of ransom being charged to me.
It's better if there is an option to just buy the mud flaps alone and the rest all, you can get it done aftermarket. And also check out the quality of boot mats and floor mats they are giving, if you think they are worth it, then go for it. Or else it's a waste. And find out whether you can get an underbody protection for the engine. Like the ABS plastic guard which is available for the Ecosport. Won't they be crying if you opt for the insurance other than what they want you to buy ? And what was the insurance company that they were suggesting you ? And how much is it costing for the extended warranty and roadside assistance ? Any ways enjoy your new car bro [:)]

Last edited:

ABS plastic guard: I have seen a plastic sheet under the Fiesta engine which almost covers the whole engine. Is ABS guard something different than this?

Yes, for insurance I had a good fight with them and in the end their sales manager has to say that just check what we are offering and then decide, but OKs with me to go with my preference. They are providing New India Insurance, Royal Sundram and Iffco Tokyo (the so called Ford preferred [frustration] ).

Thread Starter #57

350Z

Core Team

1) Whats your take on new Fiesta?
My take on Fiesta is what the review on first page is all about!

2) Do you recommend Fiesta over Verna or Vento or City? I have driven City and liked it, other two are more than driven but never tried the latest Fiesta.
Verna and Vento are shortly due for a facelift. Presently I consider only City to be the closest competitor of Fiesta but at the end, it all boils down to requirements.

Fiesta is anytime ahead when it comes to driving pleasure.

3) Is it same as the Fiesta(the one it replaces) in character?
Yes.

4) FE and maintenance, is the maintenance still on a higher side? What's your experience with Ford?
I'll let New Fiesta owners comment on real-time FE. As far as regular maintenance is concerned, these links explain more than enough:

> http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...c-1-6-sxi-ownership-review-16.html#post252691 (3rd Service Bill)

> http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...c-1-6-sxi-ownership-review-18.html#post306951 (4th Service Bill)

> http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...c-1-6-sxi-ownership-review-18.html#post362893 (5th Service Bill)

5) No new Fiesta is available at Orchid Ford Meerut an they are like "there is booking etc etc". Is it same in Delhi too? If no, then please provide me with the contact info of some person at any good Ford dealership you know.
The folks I closely knew at Riddhi Ford have left. Anyways try getting in touch with a dealership other than Orchid Ford. I can help if they're uncooperative as well.

@Vibhor:

After looking at this picture:

I am doubtful if the IRVM of Fiesta is of any much use(they must pay attention towards it while designing) other than being a 'gossip' mirror for the occupants and driver. What's your experience with this? I tried to find it in review but haven't found it there.
Covered in the review (Pictorial review section).

Hello Everyone.

This is my first ever post on this forum. And, I would like to take this opportunity by announcing a big achievement of owning a precious beauty.

Yes, I have booked a Black Beauty and that too with full support from my "BETTER HALF".

The thing which amazed me more about it, is the statement by the sales executive, who says that this is there first booking for this car (The only dealer available in my city). As my old old set of wheels was the last piece sold in the City of its registration (The pretty little Red Zennie).

Regards
Vikrant
Congrats! Excellent choice of color. When is the delivery scheduled? Keep us posted and check this out: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...pre-delivery-inspection-exhaustive-guide.html.

Nice review sir , we are thinking to book fiesta titanium in white today and get delivery on 12th july . OTR 10,9x,xxx approx so is it worth buying ? . We presently have an indigo petrol .Honda city diesel is better or fiesta . Also in city only s variant falls under our budget .
Requirements:
1.) Easy to maintain
3.) atleast 20Kmpl
4.) looks

Fiesta easily ticks all five boxes. However, I do also recommend checking out the City. It's an overall decent family sedan although Fiesta has an edge in performance.

Haggle if it's not too late and insist the salesperson to offer these items as complementary.

Drive Safe,
350Z

ABS plastic guard: I have seen a plastic sheet under the Fiesta engine which almost covers the whole engine. Is ABS guard something different than this?

Yes, for insurance I had a good fight with them and in the end their sales manager has to say that just check what we are offering and then decide, but OKs with me to go with my preference. They are providing New India Insurance, Royal Sundram and Iffco Tokyo (the so called Ford preferred [frustration] ).
Oh, It was a plastic sheet ? I didn't know that. At a glance, I thought it is made up of some kind of flimsy material (mat like material), which I was correlating it with Ecosports engine guard that comes as standard. If it is a plastic sheet then it's good to go. Then if Ford is using a plastic sheet then it must be ABS plastic. It is much more stronger than normal plastic and weighs less too. But once please check out Ecosport's ABS engine guard in the accessories. Then you will get to know about its built quality. Coming to the insurance companies, New India insurance is good for nothing. I had a claim issue with them in the past for my Fiesta. And they are really sluggish in getting the process done which is completely hopeless (Govt service is Govt service). Royal Sundaram is good, the claim was fast and easy for my swift. And I never even heard of Iffco Tokyo. Hearing it for the first time [:)], but always going with the insurance of our choice is the best option as long as the dealer doesn't try to black mail.

am using that ABS Engine Guard (under the Engine Bay) and its of good quality and worth it covers the entire underneath part of the bonnet

So what does this mean, does the new Fiesta sedan come with an engine guard and the ABS engine guard specifically?
Also how does Ambient lighting, puddle lights below side view mirrors work, does it work all time when car is opened or is there some sensors that senses lack of illumination to turn ON these lights?

Top Bottom