Ford Fiesta 2014 Ownership Review: Baby Aston Comes Home

Thank you! I actually booked it in last November. Got it delivered on Jan 2. Although I wasn't too keen on acquiring one at the time the severe shortage of fiesta's in showrooms meant I had to book one fast. Its been a wonderful one month of ownership. Will post more pics soon. Planning to write up an ownership thread after the first free service. Cheers.[:)]

Thread Starter #291
Has anyone bought floor mats from ford? How much are they quoting? Any suggestions on which type of floor mats best suits d fiesta?
Am using swift 3D mats right now as fiesta mats are not available in local car accessories shop, however you can get them thru ebay.

That's a nice poem by the way and the words used in it are also true[clap].
thanks bro these are lyrics of the song moving violation from the movie redline
Absoltely stunning man, nice poem out there, ha ha
[clap]
Did you really do the wheelspin or was it a photoshop move,
Really nice pic much better than the pics even Ford India website uses for their ads
thanks bro i copied the lyrics of song moving violation from the movie redline.
yup the spin is done by photoshop and smoke effect by spaceeffects app.

Attachments

Im facing issues with the mileage it has now dropped to 16 from 17.5 not sure whats happening anyone else facing the same issue?[frustration]
Try with the fuel from BP. Earlier I was using fuel from Indian Oil. I used to get max of 19 in my Fiesta(2013). I once tried with BP, I got a astonishing 20.5 KMPL in tank full method. And after that Im using only from BP. I guess in Cochin there might be factory owned BP. Try with that, you can see the difference. [:)]

May be that's true cos Ive never been particular about Fuel pumps will try that method. On a lighter note Mileage does not matter that much once you get behind the wheels :). is there any Facebook/WA group/page for fiesta?

Hi All, have been away for sometime.
Bump_that is your brake issue sorted? i had been to Goa end of January and have clocked 3500kms on my fiesta odo. i apparently happened to experience the noise on sudden braking on normal tar road while returning from goa. i reported the same with the service center and they told me that there is no problem with the braking system. They told me the noise is from mud flap fitting clip. Reference attached picture. Does anyone else have a similar kind of fitting? This is oem fitting that i got. Also the car manual states that the ABS and ESP lights will be lit when the systems are engaged while sudden braking but i haven't noticed the same. Service guys say they only light when the systems are malfunctioning. Is that true? Any knowledge about the same.

When I told the service guys that other people owning Fiesta 2014 are facing the braking noise issue as well, they told me to write to ford India with the car VIN numbers and issue description faced by all the mentioned car. Will that help? Will Ford India really take any action? I am doubted.

Please share your experience and views on the same.

Attachments

Thread Starter #299
Bump_that is your brake issue sorted? i had been to Goa end of January and have clocked 3500kms on my fiesta odo. i apparently happened to experience the noise on sudden braking on normal tar road while returning from goa. i reported the same with the service center and they told me that there is no problem with the braking system. They told me the noise is from mud flap fitting clip. Reference attached picture. Does anyone else have a similar kind of fitting? This is oem fitting that i got. Also the car manual states that the ABS and ESP lights will be lit when the systems are engaged while sudden braking but i haven't noticed the same. Service guys say they only light when the systems are malfunctioning. Is that true? Any knowledge about the same.

When I told the service guys that other people owning Fiesta 2014 are facing the braking noise issue as well, they told me to write to ford India with the car VIN numbers and issue description faced by all the mentioned car. Will that help? Will Ford India really take any action? I am doubted.

Please share your experience and views on the same.
i experienced exactly the same noise "kat kat tak tak" abs light didn't came on though i felt like abs was working. About that mud flap its same in my car too will post picture in evening as am in lecture right now :stupid: . Due to time constrain am not able to give FASS visit , will try this saturday.

Last edited:
Twice I've experienced ABS kicking in with kat-kat noise & some kind of pumping effect in the pedal, but there was no light in the dash.
Bump_that is your brake issue sorted? i had been to Goa end of January and have clocked 3500kms on my fiesta odo. i apparently happened to experience the noise on sudden braking on normal tar road while returning from goa. i reported the same with the service center and they told me that there is no problem with the braking system. They told me the noise is from mud flap fitting clip. .

Top Bottom