Ford Fiesta 1.6S Ownership Review

Thread Starter #61
Are you sure? Was it a Greater Kailash registered car? Because this literally just came on at 3 pm when I saw it at 4 & proceeded to call the Harpreet Ford dealership.

And yes my face does look like Heath Ledger in the dark knight right now haha.
Yes. I'm pretty much sure after seeing the video you uploaded. Both the surroundings match and the location mentioned was Harpreet Ford Itself . Yes the ad was up for very short span of time. [:D]

Waiting for another Ownership Thread to go Live soon[;)]

Yes. I'm pretty much sure after seeing the video you uploaded. Both the surroundings match and the location mentioned was Harpreet Ford Itself . Yes the ad was up for very short span of time. [:D]

Waiting for another Ownership Thread to go Live soon[;)]
Ah my bad I don't have any background on this. Were you searching for fiestas day before yesterday in the Delhi area? How did you come across the ad? (Yeah I pounced on that car really fast. Still trying to take in everything)

Last edited:
Thread Starter #63
Ah my bad I don't have any background on this. Were you searching for fiestas day before yesterday in the Delhi area? How did you come across the ad? (Yeah I pounced on that car really fast. Still trying to take in everything)
Many of my friend's are on search for the S , so it's like a routine for me to do an All India search on olx for the S and that's how I saw the car. It was having 2L price tag and 2011 as the year mentioned, which I remembered you saying on this thread a while ago. That's why I straightaway asked the color of the car [;)]

Many of my friend's are on search for the S , so it's like a routine for me to do an All India search on olx for the S and that's how I saw the car. It was having 2L price tag and 2011 as the year mentioned, which I remembered you saying on this thread a while ago. That's why I straightaway asked the color of the car [;)]
That makes sense. I was looking for fiestas multiple times a day for a while now as well. However I didn't bother with out of delhi cars.

The guy there who puts all ad's up for the cars that have been exchanged mistakenly typed in 2011 which I didn't know about till I had already arrived next day to buy it. The best probably which I don't think they mentioned in the ad was that it has been only serviced in the authorized centre at Harpreet Ford. The other ad was run 78k instead of 51 and he wouldn't go below 2.2 so I passed. (Same year / model but black)

I haven't listened to the car properly as it still hasn't been delivered but I reckon a sports exhaust (nothing crazy or excessive) would work well with the performance it has on tap. I know it has a different exhaust from factory but it definitely did not reveal the character of the engine during the short little drive.

Thread Starter #65
I haven't listened to the car properly as it still hasn't been delivered but I reckon a sports exhaust (nothing crazy or excessive) would work well with the performance it has on tap. I know it has a different exhaust from factory but it definitely did not reveal the character of the engine during the short little drive.
Didn't you drove it down ? Why is the delay in delivery ?

Milltek Sport does had a full system Exhaust for the Fiesta, Pretty Expensive though[lol]

Bought the car in Pune for 2.00 lakhs. Just came home after a 1200kms and 17 hours drive. We started in Pune at 5.00 PM and reached home at Erode by 9.45 AM today. Stopped for 2.5 hours for refreshments in between. Oh what a start and what a drive! This car can swim like fish in water on roads. A lifetime drive!

Didn't you drove it down ? Why is the delay in delivery ?

Milltek Sport does had a full system Exhaust for the Fiesta, Pretty Expensive though[lol]
I gave a cheque. As they don't use SBI, it takes awhile to clear (2-3 days) which got worse by the fact that there was a Sunday in between (aka today). The money won't be in his account till monday morning. It got deducted from mine yesterday tho.

I did see the milltek on video and it has some really nice pops and bangs. Someone said 68k in comments or description which sounds absurd but I'll probably still look into it given that sound to me is one of the most integral parts of a car.

Bought the car in Pune for 2.00 lakhs.
Congrats! 17 hours is definitely a once in a lifetime drive and something I wouldn't have the guts to pull. It's so nice to see new fiesta owners even if it's online since most people I know don't understand what it's all about.

[Conversation yesterday during badminton matches]
Guy - "Why didn't you buy that ciaz you test drove? I have it and you should have bought a new car as well."

Me - "Well I haven't liked any maruti sedans after the original baleno because they aren't fun"

Guy - "But it's a maruti and it's fuss free and it's the best (more reasons)"

Me - Yeah but.....*mumbles* nvm I give up.

Thread Starter #68
Bought the car in Pune for 2.00 lakhs. Just came home after a 1200kms and 17 hours drive. We started in Pune at 5.00 PM and reached home at Erode by 9.45 AM today. Stopped for 2.5 hours for refreshments in between. Oh what a start and what a drive! This car can swim like fish in water on roads. A lifetime drive!
Wow ! Great news man. So two new ownership reviews are ready for a kick start na ?[;)]

Any sudden maintenance needed for the car?

I gave a cheque. As they don't use SBI, it takes awhile to clear (2-3 days) which got worse by the fact that there was a Sunday in between (aka today). The money won't be in his account till monday morning. It got deducted from mine yesterday tho.

I did see the milltek on video and it has some really nice pops and bangs. Someone said 68k in comments or description which sounds absurd but I'll probably still look into it given that sound to me is one of the most integral parts of a car.

Milltek now costs around a lakh now. [roll]

[Conversation yesterday during badminton matches]
Guy - "Why didn't you buy that ciaz you test drove? I have it and you should have bought a new car as well."

Me - "Well I haven't liked any maruti sedans after the original baleno because they aren't fun"

Guy - "But it's a maruti and it's fuss free and it's the best (more reasons)"

Me - Yeah but.....*mumbles* nvm I give up.
Haha , some people [lol]

Milltek now costs around a lakh now. [roll]
That's more than the marketvalue of a few fiestas [lol] Any cheaper alternatives? [cry]

Fiesta resting. I took it on a drive to the sports complex today and it was easily the best drive of my life. This is a completely new level to anything I've driven around 10L as well. Actually makes me sad that cars that cannot compare are priced much higher in the used car market.

Attachments

Thread Starter #70
That's more than the marketvalue of a few fiestas Any cheaper alternatives?
True that !![lol]

Other Alternatives are :
  • Raj Exhaust from Bangalore
  • Bhai Exhaust from Coimbatore
  • Borla Exhuast( I think it's just the endcan)
  • Automech Exhaust
  • Code6 have an exhaust for Fiesta
  • Zero Force from Kochi has too

Fiesta resting. I took it on a drive to the sports complex today and it was easily the best drive of my life. This is a completely new level to anything I've driven around 10L as well. Actually makes me sad that cars that cannot compare are priced much higher in the used car market.
Wow. Do pour in more pics . Well in the other news, another friend of mine just grabbed a Sea Grey 1.6S [:D]

Do pour in more pics . Well in the other news, another friend of mine just grabbed a Sea Grey 1.6S [:D]
Automech seems to have a dealer / supplier in delhi. Will call tomorrow. That's great btw. Did you help him find it? [:)]

Tape on the left wing mirror because people are amazing and love to knock it off. Never going on small roads again. Got it fixed properly today tho as this was yesterday. About 6k worth of suspension work also due soon. Wheel alignment and other things were sorted today but I have to go get the battery for the key fixed as the lock for opening it is broken.

Basically working on the mechanical side of things before getting things repainted and whatnot.

Attachments

Last edited:
That's a great buy. It's a great feeling to know you are behind the wheels of the exact car you want. How's is to drive? How's the clutch and engine? Do update on the feedback on the impressions of the early runs.
Finally, I've managed to find some time to update of the buy!

20170323_071818.jpg
20170323_071657.jpg
The car was in very good condition expect there was body work and repainting done at the boot. Look at how they fixed '1.6' at the back!A few bits of dents and scratches are there which is understandable for car ran in Pune and Mumbai. All 4 tyres were brand new (ran 2k) Alnac 4G. The alloys were from Onyx - planning to change with Ford OE from 2015 Fiesta. The alloys have arrived before the car was bought!

These Pictures are taken outside home after a regular wash just after the car reached home. My son (3 year old) really loves this colour!

The engine is in pristine condition and it begs to be revved. The clutch was slightly on the heavier side and I wanted to inspect the clutch and brake fluid. The fluid in the reservoir seemed to have lost viscosity.
20170320_185735.jpg
Look at the colour of brake oil which should have been golden yellow. We replaced Dot 4 oil after bleeding the clutch and all four brakes. It consumed 950 ml.
Total Cost - Rs.310/liter

During test drive and while driven back, the brakes lacked the bite and the pedal was too spongy. We knew the rotors had lots of graining on them. When inspected, the rotors measured 20.5 mm thickness and needed atleast 1mm of skimming. i didn't want to take a chance on them and duly replaced with Ford OE rotors. The pads were reasonably new, so just had to even them out with emery sheet and fixed them back. Here below are the pics.

20170320_174248_001.jpg
New rotors went in! Cost - Rs.2600/set. Very Cheap. thanks Ford for keeping prices low!

20170320_174728.jpg
The rear drums were filled with a heap of brake dust and looked neglected for long. The shoes were in good condition. Got them cleaned and fixed.

I bedded-in the brakes and was still not happy with the initial bite action from them. I'll probable spend the week end checking the brake booster, vacuum pump and ABS module. I've already told my FNG guy to change the ABS module from his Fiesta and will be seeing the results. If the problem is with ABS module, then it would make a big hole into pocket. Its costs Rs.55450.[anger]

The car when I picked had 88480 on its odo. It's covered 2000kms so far with me and I'm enjoying every moment I spend with it. I just wonder where is the match for it in its price range at the moment. The car makers in India had moved away from enthusiasts and what we have these days are donkeys underneath horse's skin.

I'll update on the progress and feedback later. cheers!

Last edited:

View attachment 223313
View attachment 223314
The car was in very good condition expect there was body work and repainting done at the boot. Look at how they fixed '1.6' at the back!A few bits of dents and scratches are there which is understandable for car ran in Pune and Mumbai. All 4 tyres were brand new (ran 2k) Alnac 4G. The alloys were from Onyx - planning to change with Ford OE from 2015 Fiesta. The alloys have arrived before the car was bought!

These Pictures are taken outside home after a regular wash just after the car reached home. My son (3 year old) really loves this colour!

The engine is in pristine condition and it begs to be revved. The clutch was slightly on the heavier side and I wanted to inspect the clutch and brake fluid. The fluid in the reservoir seemed to have lost viscosity.
View attachment 223315
Look at the colour of brake oil which should have been golden yellow. We replaced Dot 4 oil after bleeding the clutch and all four brakes. It consumed 950 ml.

During test drive and while driven back, the brakes lacked the bite and the pedal was too spongy. We knew the rotors had lots of graining on them. When inspected, the rotors measured 20.5 mm thickness and needed atleast 1mm of skimming. i didn't want to take a chance on them and duly replaced with Ford OE rotors. The pads were reasonably new, so just had to even them out with emery sheet and fixed them back. Here below are the pics.

View attachment 223316
New rotors went in! Cost - Rs.2600/set. Very Cheap. thanks Ford for keeping prices low!

View attachment 223317
The rear drums were filled with a heap of brake dust and looked neglected for long. The shoes were in good condition. Got them cleaned and fixed.

I bedded-in the brakes and was still not happy with the initial bite action from them. I'll probable spend the week end checking the brake booster, vacuum pump and ABS module. I've already told my FNG guy to change the ABS module from his Fiesta and will be seeing the results. If the problem is with ABS module, then it would make a big hole into pocket. Its costs Rs.55450.[anger]

The car when I picked had 88480 on its odo. It's covered 2000kms so far with me and I'm enjoying every moment I spend with it. I just wonder where is the match for it in its price range at the moment. The car makers in India had moved away from enthusiasts and what we have these days are donkeys underneath horse's skin.

Oh..man that Aquarius blue looks stunning and oh..yeah, the Fiesta 1.6S was generally associated with BMW 320Si and was often nick named a FWD BMW 320Si which itself is a boat load of complement
In between I to have started searching for a new 1.6 Fiesta, the 1.6S is too difficult to get, but regular 1.6 is ok and I have found some for 2.5-3 lakhs range most of them having just under 50k kms on odo, will probably switch Figo with 1.6 Fiesta if Ford is not ready to give us a new proper drivers car again to switch my Figo with

I don't know about BMW as I have never driven one but for me 1.6S was my first aspiration in a car. If this drives so good then BMW must be something. A lot of friends recommended cars based on their views as good drivers car but my enthusiasm used to die down after getting a drive on them.
I can say this is a true drivers car which you can find around 2 lakhs. There is a difference in the way 1.6S and SXI drives. Firstly, the engine tuning and short shift gear box on S is far superior and cannot be replicated. The suspension set up can be done though.
Is it a problem to re-register in Kerala if you have NOC? If it can be done,I would suggest you to pick an S from other state and register in Kerala. It is a huge effort worth taking for the smile it brings to your face. I keep looking for an excuse to get behind the wheels of this car.
Most importantly, this is very cheap to own with a regular service costing around 2000 bucks in your FNG. Most parts are very cheap. I would suggest you to try your luck.

Thread Starter #75
That's great btw. Did you help him find it?
Indeed, Was searching one for him and that's how I was updated about your car shown on olx as well ;)

About 6k worth of suspension work also due soon. Wheel alignment and other things were sorted today but I have to go get the battery for the key fixed as the lock for opening it is broken.
What kind of work ? Suspension change ? Wheel alignment should be re done once the suspension is fixed right ?

Basically working on the mechanical side of things before getting things repainted and whatnot.
Even I'm doing the same. Peace of mind always comes first than the cosmetic looks :)

View attachment 223313
View attachment 223314

View attachment 223315

View attachment 223316

View attachment 223317

I bedded-in the brakes and was still not happy with the initial bite action from them. I'll probable spend the week end checking the brake booster, vacuum pump and ABS module. I've already told my FNG guy to change the ABS module from his Fiesta and will be seeing the results. If the problem is with ABS module, then it would make a big hole into pocket. Its costs Rs.55450.

Congratulations man. Welcome to the Brotherhood [clap]

You sure that the ABS module is kaput ? Can it be the individual sensors on each wheels ? Do you have ABS warning light on ? Almost all the cars I checked had it and it was a faulty sensor and not the whole ABS module. Let's hope for the best :)

Oh..man that Aquarius blue looks stunning and oh..yeah, the Fiesta 1.6S was generally associated with BMW 320Si and was often nick named a FWD BMW 320Si which itself is a boat load of complement
In between I to have started searching for a new 1.6 Fiesta, the 1.6S is too difficult to get, but regular 1.6 is ok and I have found some for 2.5-3 lakhs range most of them having just under 50k kms on odo, will probably switch Figo with 1.6 Fiesta if Ford is not ready to give us a new proper drivers car again to switch my Figo with
Err... Is it so ? It was referred to a BMW cause of the amount of feedback it's steering gave and how much of a good driver's car 1.6S is right ? I've thought the same way. [roll]

You can get a normal 1.6 for as cheap as around 2L and 1.6s around 3ish. Recently another friend of mine took a diesel Fiesta which had done 30K km's single owner car for 3.4L.

Is it a problem to re-register in Kerala if you have NOC? If it can be done,I would suggest you to pick an S from other state and register in Kerala. It is a huge effort worth taking for the smile it brings to your face. I keep looking for an excuse to get behind the wheels of this car.
Most importantly, this is very cheap to own with a regular service costing around 2000 bucks in your FNG. Most parts are very cheap. I would suggest you to try your luck.
It can be expensive considering you have to pay the road tax again. It would cost you around 30-35k. Not everyone will go for it. I had plans and hence checked whole India, even went down to Ahmedabad. But luckily I grabbed one in Kerala itself [:D]

Top Bottom