Ford Fiesta 1.6S Ownership Review

Thread Starter #166
60k is a pretty nice price considering if the dents and all were also done in 60k.
Yes. He was so genuine with me with the procedure as well.

Oh , sad to hear that you had a bad experience at him , maybe its coz my dad knows him well for years , he shows same courtesy to us..
What is the logic behind it ? And please do let him know that he just can't run his entire business with people he do know. You mess with the customer they along with their whole community is not going to visit him however good he is. Be it the other way, even if he isn't that skilled painter, but yet ready to accept the challenges he has to face and take up the job, 90% of the customers will still stick on to, rather than just boasting about the quality of the work he used to deliver at some period of the time. Everyone can excel at some point, being consistent is all what it matters. He's seriously over rated! [gun]

Haha , maybe shoddy workmanship is due to his team bro , coz I had seen another paint shop workers working there (I private message you same , coz just you can be aware of same ).
He's over rated , I do admit that , but can you just say a reliable name in Trivandrum .
In the sense , not hurting or offending , as you and Mr.Deville has got worst experiences , but I have not , and if at all I had got one , obviously I will react the same way as you do.

As I had given considerable number of vehicles , and not even in one instance I have got a negative experience .

deville_56

Honoured Member
1. Raghu does not deal with DuPont anymore. He is using some other cheaper brand (He himself claims better and "cheaper" than DuPont).
2. Umpteen coats and , plain joke. He just prepares the surface, just a coat of paint and clear coat and that should cost dirt cheap outside.
3. It's his workshop, so doesn't matter to customer whom painted the car, whether him or the team.
4. He may be the good, but not the best.
5. Not all can have acquaintances at every garage.
6. There are better and cheaper paint shops in town. I'm not gonna name them here.
7. See the car in real and see the difference and its way cheaper than what the "master painter" quoted for me and better than OEM quality and no way "the master" gonna do these much layers and if so, he would charge twice or thrice.
8. This is an ownership review and review of the painter can better be done at the "Painter's Review" thread.

Thread Starter #170
Updating..

The recent set of Borbet's that I've acquired from a friend of mine was also up for a coat of fresh paint. But the awesome anthracite shade of it was so good and I was pretty sure that I won't be ever getting back that exact same shade again. Finally after a lot of confusion, finalized to go for a fresh coat of paint. Two of them had a slight bend which was supposed to be taken care and that's what pushed me to get it repainted as well. I was not happy with the guy who mended my Lenso's and I was adamant that I will never go back to him. A friend of mine suggested that there is a place in Cochin where a middle aged guy used to work out magic. Although it was too hard, I went for it. Drove to Cochin and dropped the alloy at my friend's place as the alloy repair guy was too busy. It roughly took me around 4-5 days and once the work was done, I drove down again to pick it up and then drop it back at garage where Fiesta was painted. Phew!

Mathew, the painter did an astonishing job on the alloys as well. Initially I felt that the alloy was looking too glossy comparing to it's original color, but then after seeing it for quite some time, it started to sink in and Voila, this can never be anymore beautiful than this. *touch-wood*

Installing the tires back, Advised the guy to take extra care to not scratch the lips and he did a wonderful job.
IMG-20190109-WA0006.jpg

Some Drool-worthy stuff! [clap]
IMG-20190109-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20190109-WA0005.jpg

The stock set will be swapped at times just so that I don't ruin the Eagle F1's shodded on to it.
IMG-20190109-WA0010.jpg

Until a proper photo-shoot, this is the only pic I have [roll]
IMG-20190109-WA0008.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #172
So, the itch for getting this a bit more perfect car ended up here. Was pretty much happy with the stock setup of the car, as how the suspension handled the corners and all. But pretty fast I started to feel home and the car felt much more handy for me. I initially had thoughts of getting a set of Bilstein's which I left because of the cost factor. Later I zeroed down to one of the only ad's that came until now in Olx that said Bilstein's for Ford Fiesta and Voila!.
I got it touch with the person, went down to check the suspension and it was in great shape. The previous owner had a 1.4 L Fiesta and had these running on them. He sold it around 30k kms. So it's been sitting idle since then. Better late than never, I bought these home and then came the Tarox. Braking was something that I was never happy with. You'll have the bite and feel, but the car won't stop down. I got them from Pete's. Now it's installation time.
Drove down the car to Kochi, Code6 garage in Kochi to get the job done. Have heard pretty descent reviews about them.

Car lifted up for the new parts to go in!
IMG_20190322_122753.jpg

Saw Gearbox mount developing a slight crack. Will get it done soon.
IMG_20190322_123411.jpg

Stock Suspension and Rotors
IMG_20190322_124957.jpg

Disassembling
IMG_20190322_130312.jpg

Loading the stock springs on the Bilstein's, toughest part of the job.
IMG_20190322_142037.jpg

IMG_20190322_142040.jpg

Tarox G88 Slotted rotors going in!
IMG_20190322_155350.jpg

Voila ! [cheers]
IMG_20190322_161059.jpg

Such a mesmerizing thing to look at.
IMG_20190322_161108.jpg

That Nurburgring sticker though! [gun]
IMG_20190322_164211.jpg

So, the itch for getting this a bit more perfect car ended up here. Was pretty much happy with the stock setup of the car, as how the suspension handled the corners and all. But pretty fast I started to feel home and the car felt much more handy for me. I initially had thoughts of getting a set of Bilstein's which I left because of the cost factor. Later I zeroed down to one of the only ad's that came until now in Olx that said Bilstein's for Ford Fiesta and Voila!.
I got it touch with the person, went down to check the suspension and it was in great shape. The previous owner had a 1.4 L Fiesta and had these running on them. He sold it around 30k kms. So it's been sitting idle since then. Better late than never, I bought these home and then came the Tarox. Braking was something that I was never happy with. You'll have the bite and feel, but the car won't stop down. I got them from Pete's. Now it's installation time.
Drove down the car to Kochi, Code6 garage in Kochi to get the job done. Have heard pretty descent reviews about them.

Car lifted up for the new parts to go in!
View attachment 259578

Saw Gearbox mount developing a slight crack. Will get it done soon.
View attachment 259579

Stock Suspension and Rotors
View attachment 259580

Disassembling
View attachment 259581

Loading the stock springs on the Bilstein's, toughest part of the job.
View attachment 259582
View attachment 259583

Tarox G88 Slotted rotors going in!
View attachment 259586

Voila ! [cheers]
View attachment 259587

Such a mesmerizing thing to look at.
View attachment 259588

That Nurburgring sticker though! [gun]
View attachment 259589
Hey Vishnu, Have read your ownership review multiple times. It's a guide for people who are planning to acquire one. Infact I'm in search for one. Have seen a Acquarius blue in the last month but the deal did not close since the owner wasn't allowing me get it inspected at Ford ASS and i doubted with papers. Let me know if there is anyone from your friends is willing to sell Fiesta 1.6 S.
By the way, aren't you planning for new set of springs. I heard Eibach is good choice for good ride comfort. Please also share driving experience with BILSTEIN.

Cheers.

Warm welcome to all TAIgers !! This is going to be a teeny bit long. Please bear with me.:stupid:

Soon as I bought the 2001 Honda City Vtec I was very happy for my decision and was soon muching up some miles.I was running on Vogtland Lowering Springs, that indeed was one of the worst decision by me[frustration] Even though the car looked bloody awesome on the roll and on stand still, it was such a pain to take it over bad roads and over speed bumps.It indeed was one of the best Honda car's I ever used. That 15 year old engine still pulls like anything even with a close to 2Lakh km's on board with the engine and clutch untouched. And the Quality and feel of the Interior was much better and robust than my 2013 model Honda Amaze.

Soon the itch for a better handling car fired up in my mind and whenever " Handling " comes up, VRS was the only suggestion I got.A friend of mine has an Octavia VRS and I know the car very well for the well built pocket rocket. Though it's services were a nightmare with Skoda Dealership here.That was one of the first thing that made me to think, Am I ready for this.? Am I financially secure for this ?! No indeed !!

The Octavia VRS does looked good but after seeing and driving a Laura VRS for the very first time, that too a Sprint Yellow shade was , Oh My God, It was Heavenly !!
After seeing and feeling both the car's I felt that the Octavia to be much more of a driver's car and the Laura Vrs was an All rounder. Rear seats of the Laura felt a but more comfortable than the Octavia's . I tried my best to convince myself that I can own one, but failed miserably because of Lack of Vitamin M. A close friend of me then suggested me about getting a Ford Fiesta 1.6S. I had the opportunity to drive a fellow friend's 1.6S and was very happy how the car goes around the corners. Soon i start to get a feeling that " this is the car I was looking for ". Started to search for a mint condition car with less kms on odo and all I find was either a either not maintained properly with no service records or abused one's. I really don't want to get my head into it. So calmed down and kept searching. It went on for months and months...

Ahmadabad Trip and a series of Unfortunate Events

As my searches went on and on forever, A new ad popped up, Location was Thaltej,Ahmadabad. Called him to know more details of the car. He sent me many pictures of the car . It was Aquarius Blue, so I was drooling all over it. The car looked so damn good on the pics. It was a 2009 car as per him and with 35k kms on the odo. I was like " what else should I wait for".Booked tickets on Train for the nearest day via Tatkal. I am not good in Hindi, so a friend also accompanied me to Ahmadabad. It took almost 2 days to reach Ahmadabad and I was on a Train trip after many years, so was a bit nostalgic as well energetic hoping to finally stop my search and was dreaming of driving back home with a 2000 kms road trip.Reached there on the second day night, took taxi to the hotel , got freshen up and slept dreaming.

The very next day, woke up early and called him. He updated me the location of the car. It was luckily near my hotel, around 5 kms. Rushed to the location.It was a Ford Dealership and this guy was the service manager. He said that this was their MD's car and was taken proper care and maintenance. To be frank, the first look at the car, I lost all my hope. The car was lying of the service centre, with all windows down for no reason and with a lot of body works. I asked him to get the car wash and go for a test drive. Waited about half hour and voila, the car was out in the roads.The engine was revving freely and happily. It had a very strong pull to the left. The car was out of fuel on my TD, just after 1 Km and everything felt so wrong with it.The Odo was showing 35xxx kms, but that was too hard to believe with all other signs that showed up on the car. They arranged fuel and promised me to do an Tire alignment to check the left pull. Waited another 1 hour and the same guy came back with the car and i went for a TD- Round 2!!

The car was still pulling to left, and the right ORVM was not working. I right away felt to stop checking the car and come back home. Those guys was forcing me too much to take the car, don't know why. It was a 2008 manufactured car which was registered on 2009, which made it 2009 car according to that fool[anger] He even made all the agreement ready with my name on it, and all I have to do was give the cash and take the car. I felt I was on a trap. I strongly said I don't need this crap car. I was not even sure that it can do a 2000 kms run back home.Booked bus tickets to Bangalore the next day, since Train tickets was not available. A 25 hour bus trip to Bangalore on a Multi Axle bus was comfortable as well boring .And another bus from their to Trivandrum. Gosh ! It was like a series of Unfortunate events !!
I made up my mind that, I won't be never going down to pick up a car to that distances . The search was still going on I was never willing to give up. Months passed by. In mean time my city got sold :(Finally after months of search , I found another Aquarius Blue 1.6S at Kozhikode, Called him righ up, negotiated on the price and Thought of giving it a try .

Another Train Trip was brewing !

View attachment 211880

Reached Calicut, Saw the car . Cosmetically the car had a lot of swirls and scratches which was not evident on the pics. But ye the car was mechanically sound and hence now she's resting on my Garage!

Let the picture's do the talking !

The Mandatory filling up that I always love to do :)

View attachment 211881

The number's that matter ;)

View attachment 211884

View attachment 211883

View attachment 211888

View attachment 211890

View attachment 211891

View attachment 211892

View attachment 211893

View attachment 211895

We are safe home and she kept up well. Took appointment at SVC for tomorrow. Have to do a thorough checkup on the car and analyze it's health cause I'll be keeping this car :) More details will be updated :)

Attachments

Thread Starter #176
Hey Vishnu, Have read your ownership review multiple times. It's a guide for people who are planning to acquire one. Infact I'm in search for one. Have seen a Acquarius blue in the last month but the deal did not close since the owner wasn't allowing me get it inspected at Ford ASS and i doubted with papers. Let me know if there is anyone from your friends is willing to sell Fiesta 1.6 S.
By the way, aren't you planning for new set of springs. I heard Eibach is good choice for good ride comfort. Please also share driving experience with BILSTEIN.

Cheers.
Hi Naveen, Thankyou for your kind words.:)

I have a lot of friend's in Queue to acquire one. There is one turned up in Trivandrum. Please check OLX. I remember a friend of mine sharing the link few days back.
And regarding the springs, I won't be going for any lowering springs at the moment. Practicability issues..and regarding the Bilstein's, they are good. The ride got a bit more stiffer but the grip is phenomenal!

Congragulations Anoop on your new buy! Wishing you happy miles ahead!

Hi Anoop,

Congratulations first of all for your FIesta 1.6 S.. I have seen this vehicle on OLX few months back, if I'm right. Happy Motoring.

Cheers
This has been on sale for a long time, I believe.

Last edited:
Hi, I just got to see this thread and it just fueled my search for 1.6 S. I'm currently looking for a 1.6S. Any leads would be helpful and appreciated

Hi Naveen, Thankyou for your kind words.:)

I have a lot of friend's in Queue to acquire one. There is one turned up in Trivandrum. Please check OLX. I remember a friend of mine sharing the link few days back.
And regarding the springs, I won't be going for any lowering springs at the moment. Practicability issues..and regarding the Bilstein's, they are good. The ride got a bit more stiffer but the grip is phenomenal!

Congragulations Anoop on your new buy! Wishing you happy miles ahead!

This has been on sale for a long time, I believe.

Vishnu....You've got a car drool worthy bro and you've taken it up a notch high. Excited to see your further experience with the car.

Hi Vishu,
My self Rajasekhar, after a long search I finally owned a Black fiesta 1.6s with 73 k on odo, I would like to know few thing from you.. firstly, which brand engine oil is good for the vehicle and at what rating?
Also please let me know cost of Tarox G88 rotors you installed.

Hi Raja
Congratulations on your purchase. Is your car from Bangalore? Posted in Olx at Bommasandra.

BTW still searching mine. Please let me know if any 1.6S pops up in your radar.

Hi Raja
Congratulations on your purchase. Is your car from Bangalore? Posted in Olx at Bommasandra.

BTW still searching mine. Please let me know if any 1.6S pops up in your radar.
Hi Bharani,

No I am from Hyderabad and sourced one from here itself.. I visited bangalore couple of months back and test driven couple of cars but I didn't like them and later I got to know that transferring the vehicle would be huge pain as, we need to pay road tax, roughly around 60K.. So I opted put for other state vehicles..If that's not a problem you can find one in Pune (maroon color), I almost decided go to pune and get this vehicle before the one in hyderabad (Ford Fiesta petrol 75000 Kms 2010 year) I can provide his no. if wanted.(this one is kept for 2.1 lakh but couple of months back it was at 2.85 lakh)
B/w here's mine.. Planning to change the color

20190715_1844271.jpg

Hi Bharani,

No I am from Hyderabad and sourced one from here itself.. I visited bangalore couple of months back and test driven couple of cars but I didn't like them and later I got to know that transferring the vehicle would be huge pain as, we need to pay road tax, roughly around 60K.. So I opted put for other state vehicles..If that's not a problem you can find one in Pune (maroon color), I almost decided go to pune and get this vehicle before the one in hyderabad (Ford Fiesta petrol 75000 Kms 2010 year) I can provide his no. if needed.(this one is kept for 2.1 lakh but couple of months back it was at 2.85 lakh)
B/w here's mine.. Planning to change the color 20190715_1844271.jpg
Check this one too..Ford Fiesta S 1.6, Well maintained in Ford racing blue in Bangalore

Top Bottom