Ford Fiesta 1.6S Ownership Review

Bumper lips are available on order. Side skirts are no more available. Alternatively, there is one custom shop in Chennai, who makes replica kits for Fiesta, Modsters Automotive.
Thank You, I actually just need the bumper lips (Front and Rear). Can you please state the name of the shop where I can order them.

deville_56

Honoured Member
Oh okay.

and would you know, the price of the just the bumper lips?. A rough estimate will do, cause most likely, they wouldn’t sell body coloured and be in plain black, and I would have pay extra for painting.
There are the part numbers and 2017 prices.

Bumper Aero Shoulder - LHS - 8A39-17G847-AA - ₹ 1,795.00
Bumper Aero Shoulder - RHS - 8A39-17G848-AA - ₹ 1,795.00
Front Bumper Cover Kit - LHS - 8A39-17E995-AA - ₹ 1,899.00
Front Bumper Cover Kit - RHS - 8A39-17E994-AA - ₹ 1,860.00

Lost rear RH recently. Inquired with two dealers in town and current price is around ₹ 2.8k and they can confirm exact figure only after placing order. Similarly, I would have to pay for painting and installation, since it's not available elsewhere. If I remember right, in 2017, they quoted ₹ 600 per lip for painting.

deville_56

Honoured Member
There are the part numbers and 2017 prices.

Bumper Aero Shoulder - LHS - 8A39-17G847-AA - ₹ 1,795.00
Bumper Aero Shoulder - RHS - 8A39-17G848-AA - ₹ 1,795.00
Front Bumper Cover Kit - LHS - 8A39-17E995-AA - ₹ 1,899.00
Front Bumper Cover Kit - RHS - 8A39-17E994-AA - ₹ 1,860.00

Lost rear RH recently. Inquired with two dealers in town and current price is around ₹ 2.8k and they can confirm exact figure only after placing order. Similarly, I would have to pay for painting and installation, since it's not available elsewhere. If I remember right, in 2017, they quoted ₹ 600 per lip for painting.
Checked today, ₹ 1950 for rear lip.

Oh thank you for the info, I got the front and rear bumper lips pairs from the that Chennai based Modster auto, for a total of 6k including shipping. They are yet to ship it, but will do so, by today/tomorrow. They said, the whole body kit (bumper lips and side skirts) was for 17k, but insisted I just needed for the bumpers only. I hope, the quality is the same as the ones they sent in the pictures.

Varies 10+/-2 depending traffic. Maxed out 13ish on highways. Maximum showed by DTE on full tank was 660, which drops quickly on the move.
Oh it’s roughly the same then. Mine was giving a max of 420kms only years even after servicing, then I recently serviced it, and it somehow jumped to 650kms, was so impressed to find another 200km on the DTE, I thought how the mileage increased after a good servicing? but yeah, that DTE reader gives very inaccurate readings. Anyway, thanks again.

Hey, glad to see this thread being waken up!

Regarding fuel efficiency, I'm getting around 8.5kmpl now. If you ask me if it's low, I'll say yes. Reason being I have to use A/C at full blast all the time because it's summer, and also my drives are short, and I tend to floor it as soon as the temperature needle hits half mark.

Also, one more thing needs to be addressed, which I'll be updating here. I've ordered an ELM327 based OBD scanner and have to properly check DTC error codes and solve it.

Let's see. Anyways, here is a pic of my car.
The same car was discussed in this thread a few years ago too.

1676361493159.jpg

Yes, gives us an update when you fixed your issue with the DTE reading. And yeah, mileage was never the best on the 1.6S, think mine is roughly 10-11. I drive it very easy, hardly any revs, shifting early and drive in 3rd/4th gear in town.

And its great to see many enthusiastic Fiesta owners and get their feedback on their car, and share their experiences of owning one. And share any problems if someone has issues. Someone here can offer suggestions on how to solve it.

I just wished Ford never packed up from India, as parts are getting costly and harder to find, as the Fiesta model is older and long discontinued.
Recently, my passenger side window stopped working, the authentic spare part to replace it is costing an eye watering 4k.

Anyway, its a great car and reliable as ever.

Here is pic

Attachments

Top Bottom