Ford Ecosport vs Renault Duster vs Mahindra Quanto vs Maruti Ertiga

Your Choice?

• Total voters
Re: Ford Ecosport vs Renault Duster vs Mahindra Mini Xylo vs Maruti Ertiga

comeon Guys!!! I am being confused now ERTIGA and EcoSports both have same numbers of vote. It's tough to decide which is better ERTIGA is true VFM and EcoSport is the best looking SUV (even better than XUV). Hope EcoSport should not have very high price tag and it's avg should be at least 15-17 in City.

Ertiga as a 5 seater that too in petrol. zxi is vfm.
Not sure how safe it is though.
Ford is known to overprice its products so again lets not hope too much.

Thread Starter #33

comeon Guys!!! I am being confused now ERTIGA and EcoSports both have same numbers of vote. It's tough to decide which is better ERTIGA is true VFM and EcoSport is the best looking SUV (even better than XUV). Hope EcoSport should not have very high price tag and it's avg should be at least 15-17 in City.
Ecosport will have maybe more avg then you are expecting both in diesel and petrol or atleast 15-17
It will be expensive then ertiga the reason is because of features and sheet metal used is also from boron steel again we are just guessing here .
When are you suppose to get the delivery of ertiga ?
I would say consider the mini xylo also as it is turning out to a very good option and car .

Now please little elaborate on your point number 2 of Punto, this is really a news to me and I would like to learn more on this !!
Punto has 90hp, but that is only on paper. Real world performance is average. Even a 75 hp Swift can easily overtake it within city.

Please dont miss the part maked in bold though! [evil]

Thread Starter #35

Punto has 90hp, but that is only on paper. Real world performance is average. Even a 75 hp Swift can easily overtake it within city.

Please dont miss the part maked in bold though! [evil]
Raj I don't know if you like this mini suv concept but if we assume if your looking for 1 which 1 will you go for look wise ?

Ecosport will have maybe more avg then you are expecting both in diesel and petrol or atleast 15-17
It will be expensive then ertiga the reason is because of features and sheet metal used is also from boron steel again we are just guessing here .
When are you suppose to get the delivery of ertiga ?
I would say consider the mini xylo also as it is turning out to a very good option and car .
Thanks for update but I will settle down between Ertiga and EcoSport. Mini Xylo can be good one but not in league of Ertiga and EcoSport. Mini Xylo to be considered if the budget is under 7-8 lakhs.

Thread Starter #37

Thanks for update but I will settle down between Ertiga and EcoSport. Mini Xylo can be good one but not in league of Ertiga and EcoSport. Mini Xylo to be considered if the budget is under 7-8 lakhs.
Ford will be launching the dual clutch automatic variant of ecosport alo but only in petrol variant , which will offer the same mileage as the manual one.
So far the reports of ecosport are extremely positive in brazil and Argentina .
Ertiga has simple elegant looks while ecosport has more new age sporty looks with many storage space , reclining rear row seats and will have ( my assumption ) better handling and fun to drive nature.
So if you are not in hurry better to wait about the prices give me a weeks time will let you know for sure .Video showing the space management in ecosport is here if you have not seen please check out.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...makes-global-premiere-coverage-pg-3-a-25.html

Last edited:

Ford will be launching the dual clutch automatic variant of ecosport alo but only in petrol variant , which will offer the same mileage as the manual one.
So far the reports of ecosport are extremely positive in brazil and Argentina .
Ertiga has simple elegant looks while ecosport has more new age sporty looks with many storage space , reclining rear row seats and will have ( my assumption ) better handling and fun to drive nature.
So if you are not in hurry better to wait about the prices give me a weeks time will let you know for sure .
Today first time I too had test drive of ERTIGA though vehicle was booked on 14th April even without Test Drive as simply I have fallen in love with LUV. Believe me ERTIGA is made to cater the requirement of true Indian family, live together and travel together with making big holes in packet.
I am not a good driver and got my DL couple of months back but I didn't find any difficulty in ERTIGA as being long MPV it behaved just like a hatchback and the cabin was very silent. The ride was not at all bumpy and I believe will go for ERTIGA 80% but 20% chance is for EcoSport.
Today even I confirmed the dealer for Delivery in Jan finalized the color as FireBrick RED.

Thread Starter #39

Today first time I too had test drive of ERTIGA though vehicle was booked on 14th April even without Test Drive as simply I have fallen in love with LUV. Believe me ERTIGA is made to cater the requirement of true Indian family, live together and travel together with making big holes in packet.
I am not a good driver and got my DL couple of months back but I didn't find any difficulty in ERTIGA as being long MPV it behaved just like a hatchback and the cabin was very silent. The ride was not at all bumpy and I believe will go for ERTIGA 80% but 20% chance is for EcoSport.
Today even I confirmed the dealer for Delivery in Jan finalized the color as FireBrick RED.
Congrats [clap] and loved your colour choice it looks great in the ertiga . If you have family of 4 adults plus 2 kids the ertiga is allways better then exosport but if you have a family of 4 adults and 1 kid the ecosport is something to think of anything above 5 the ecosport is not a option atall.

Congrats [clap] and loved your colour choice it looks great in the ertiga . If you have family of 4 adults plus 2 kids the ertiga is allways better then exosport but if you have a family of 4 adults and 1 kid the ecosport is something to think of anything above 5 the ecosport is not a option atall.
Actually we are only 2 but we often have visitors in terms of Parents and in Laws. We booked Ertiga because we loved it and very rarely we will use last row so it will have great boot space. Before Ertiga's birth we were keen for XUV, SX4 or Verna.

Raj I don't know if you like this mini suv concept but if we assume if your looking for 1 which 1 will you go for look wise ?
If you compare the Duster, Ecosport, mini Xylo and Ertiga, based on looks I would pick the Ecosport.

Thread Starter #43

Actually we are only 2 but we often have visitors in terms of Parents and in Laws. We booked Ertiga because we loved it and very rarely we will use last row so it will have great boot space. Before Ertiga's birth we were keen for XUV, SX4 or Verna.
If that's the case and you are in no hurry I would request and suggest you to wait for the ecosports birth [;)]

@Raja & ZMR

Ertiga and Ecosport are completely different all together, correct me if I am wrong !!

Ecosport is yet to be launched, but I have lot of expectations on it, except I am afraid of its price[surprise]

@Raja, what do you say on pricing of Ecosport and its a SUV too, so we really cannot expect the price will match with Ertiga !!

Thread Starter #45

@Raja & ZMR

Ertiga and Ecosport are completely different all together, correct me if I am wrong !!

Ecosport is yet to be launched, but I have lot of expectations on it, except I am afraid of its price[surprise]

@Raja, what do you say on pricing of Ecosport and its a SUV too, so we really cannot expect the price will match with Ertiga !!
Yes I agree ecosports pricing will be more then ertiga. But then ecosport is much sporty better looking ( subjective) and will be more fun to drive car with a lot of features the body itself is is made of boron steel , and will have very good ride and handling as ford is expert in that.
I will let you know about the pricing in weeks time but my guess is top of the line fully loaded diesel ecosport can be 11.5-12 lakhs but ford is making a lot of noise about competitive and aggressive pricing so who knows they might surprise us .

Here is a video for you check it and then check the ertiga and decide.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...74GQDA&usg=AFQjCNHg2r3iPOWKmvCVUzRl7tXaRjeX7g

Top Bottom