Ford EcoSport Review & Pictures

Re: First Drive: Ford EcoSport Test Drive Review

@Vibhor

First of all, the review is really[clap] I am impressive as with its details and the pics.[thumbsup]

Thanks for those rear seat pics as that was the only point disappointed me in ES, otherwise it is an excellent package. Ofcourse the rear legroom is not that bad as we do not expect the front seats are always pulled to their extreme back position, but clearly it is not for 3 adults to sit and yes an armrest is missing there[:)]

Great review by 350Z, I am now eagerly waiting for 1.5 TDCi review of Ecosport, thats the volume seller for sure in that too the trend and Titanium Diesels will sell the biggest pie and here is the prospective prices as i think Ford would price it because Ford has the Classsic sedan too in that segment so the Ecosport shouldn't kill Classic
1.5 Tivct Ambient 666300
1.5 Tivct Trend 728000
1.5 Tivct Titanium 794000
1.5 Tivct Titanium(AT) 894000
@989rs500 how do you get so accurate price?

Last edited by a moderator:

Excellent writeup Vibhor, easily the most awaited car of the year!
The length of the Ecosport in India is 3999mm - amazing achievement I would say! As long as you understand this and keep your space expectation accordingly - there wont be much to complain about (they haven't come out with pricing yet, i just hope that doesn't become a complaint! ). So far we have seen UVs hitting sedan sales hard, if priced well the low end sedan and premium hatchbacks have something to worry for now!

Edit :- One thing Ford haven't learnt yet is colour of interiors, especially if they wanted to create a "perception of space" they should give the beige/ Beige Black option.

Last edited:

Worth the wait.
Great review guys

Last edited by a moderator:

A well put up review, Vibhor. Rated five for great review and high quality pictures.

Great review. Thanks for the review. Lots of photos. Cant ask for more ! Everything is covered detailed ! Thumbs up.

Wonderful review Vibhor, You have re-confirmed most of my assumptions on Ecosport officially. I liked all the pictures specifically one shot from the quarter glass![clap]. But there is a considerable blind spot for reversing. Looks like vehicle has enough legroom(which I thought would be a issue since its a sub 4 mtr) but shoulder room is a issue. How do you compare shoulder room against Duster? For some reason Duster looks too spacious width-wise, is it a illusion?

I feel Ecoboost might give better mileage if you stick to non turbo range unless situation requires so. For a more enthusiastic zippy driver mileage may drop drastically. Do you think so? Anything discussed about it during the meet?

Rear seat arches looks too high looked from inside, it appears that it goes above the head rest line. So do you think its going to make people in the back seat to become 'travel sick' on a windy roads, especially kids?

Well my requirement almost what 'Sameer' has except I am 15 years older than him. [lol]

A clear and on the dot writeup Vibhor.
4 seater will be a major draw back is what i feel. Hows the back door with a just a heavy tire holding up design. Any issues be expected like our loveable Safari for future?

Great Review Vibhor except for the 4-Seater i dont feel anything bad of the vehicle.
Knowing that it cant seat 3 adults comfortableat the rear bench why hasn't Ford given the center arm rest in the rear?
Atleast it would be a luxury to the rear seat passengers.

Wonderful report buddy[clap], the engine bay does look very flimsy thanks to the missing engine cover. Any chance of getting to test the Eco sport with the diesel engine?

@989rs500 how do you get so accurate price?
In that post i have posted the details of my expected price range, i just went to Ford India websit took the ford classic model ranges added 1 lakh extra to each model and i still feel thats how Ecosport will be priced since, The Ecosport lies in between New fiesta and Ford figo in size and length and the Ford classic shouldn't be affected due to Ecosports pricing so i just added 1 lakh to all variants of ford Classic

Top Bottom