Ford EcoSport Review & Pictures

Re: First Drive: Ford EcoSport Test Drive Review

That's an awesome, well covered and exhaustive review brother. Kudos.

I had my apprehensions regarding the ES's rear seat legroom. I was contemplating on buying a new ES rather than a used Civic. These pics clear my doubt, its a bit cramped for us.

Apart from that, the package seems to be a very sweet deal. And yea, the car looks astonishingly good. I prefer the Blue colour.

Last edited:

350z what an review, covered all minute details

you have cleared all the doubts,

now its fords time to set the right price or else they will reach the wrong place

A very detailed and comprehensive review Vibhor. Read it twice. Priced correctly, it is sure to sway the market like anything. I am surely keeping this in my radar.

Super review ,it was worth the wait and the pictures look stunning . TAI has raised the standard vibhor kudos to your effort .

Amazing review as usual 350Z sir. Rated 5 Stars.[clap] I loved every little detail shared by you on this car. The likes you mentioned about the Ecosport are just the points which i was waiting for - Tremendous built quality, amazing ride and handling and comfortable drive for 4 on board. Suits our requirements perfectly. There is no doubt this car is good looking from any angle one may see. Doors not shutting in one go, well i'll go with the option that you need to push them harder because of all the bulky metal used. I have the same problem with my cousin's Punto. That car too has huge bulky doors. The cocoon effect sitting inside described by you gives me immense confidence that this car does have tank like built which i was expecting, unlike the Renault Duster.

I have A few questions for you 350Z sir - You recently reviewed the Duster too, which one would you rate has better interior plastics quality? Which one feels more planted during doing 3 digit speeds out on the highways? Which one has lesser body roll? How is the driver seat Lumbar support in Ecosport as compared to the Duster?
And a very hypothetical question from my side if you wish to answer - If you were to pick one for yourself between the Renault Duster RXL 85PS diesel(not the option pack) and Ecosport 1.5Tdci Titanium, which one would you choose?

I beg to say, people comparing it with the likes of premier hatchbacks or under 4 meter CS sedans just because of its comparable size are the ones who will be disappointed with the prices when the Ecosport would be launched as they are being a little too optimistic on the price front. This product is in direct competition with the likes of Renault Duster, GM Trax worldwide and should be no different in our market. (Though Trax won't be coming here)

Floored by some of the features, specially the Emergency Assist and voice controlled SYNC features. 6 Airbags are also warmly welcomed. How come no Cruise control on even the top model? Its already available in the New Fiesta. I too love those alloy wheel design. Though i somehow feel, 17 inchers would have looked even better and would have filled the wheel arches perfectly.[;)] AC cooling wise i think all Ford's are just too good. This one should be no different. Among my 3 cars, the Fiesta Classic cools the cabin almost in half time as compared to the other two - Polo & Verna fluidic.

Surely people who are ready to cross shop between premier hatchbacks and the ugly sub 4 meter so called sedans(sorry for those strong words) may have a look at this one too but honestly i feel Ford will be pricing it substantially higher than the likes of Polo or dzire or Amaze.

No matter how much they market this Ecoboost Petrol engine, still the volume puller in our market will be the 1.5 Tdci diesel.
Have already said this earlier too, I feel it will be a runaway success in our market if the diesel variant is priced around 1.25-1.5 Lacs cheaper to the Renault Duster 85PS diesel variant against variant.
A shout out to Ford, for a target audience such as ours who is just looking for how much bang for the buck(Value For Money) preposition - the lesser the price, the more the success!![;)] Price it smartly and aggressively and this just maybe the year of Ecosport in India.

P.S. - Bring it on Ford, launch it soon! All this is wait is killing!

SUPERB REVIEW! Glad to be a member of this forum. Was just browsing through & someone posted the link to this review.

Ford Concept : Sameer @ 31? I'm 24 & considering it. Its a stunner. I'm in for the cheapest one that comes in Orange. Apologies if that sounded weird, but its true. I want to buy it just for its looks and hope everyday that the 1.6 Base Petrol has Orange & its priced ~7L OTR BLR.

Amazing Review truly a Baaap of all reviews lets hope the pricing is right I have already booked the car lets hope I don't need to pull the money back ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

As they say Patience Pays,what a mangnificent review 350Z,[clap]Kudos to you and your team.Each and every minute detail has been covered by you nicely and the pictures are quite exhaustive.This review sets new benchmarks for other reviews,truly a commendable effort.Long Live TAI :stupid:

is that rain sensors for auto wipers? or mic for phone calls?

View attachment 92168

View attachment 92169
I think that's the ambient sunlight sensor for the automatic climate control

Great review by 350Z, I am now eagerly waiting for 1.5 TDCi review of Ecosport, thats the volume seller for sure in that too the trend and Titanium Diesels will sell the biggest pie and here is the prospective prices as i think Ford would price it because Ford has the Classsic sedan too in that segment so the Ecosport shouldn't kill Classic
1.5 Tivct Ambient 666300
1.5 Tivct Trend 728000
1.5 Tivct Titanium 794000
1.5 Tivct Titanium(AT) 894000

1.0 Ecoboost Titanium 848000
1.0 Ecoboost Titanium (O) 895000

Diesels

1.5 TDCi Ambient 791000
1.5 TDCi Trend 834000
1.5 TDCi titanium 895000

All these prices are ex showroom and expect 90000 Rs addition average as on road prices and it varies from city to city, this pricing is my wild guess and what i expect is even lower pricing than this one still i am almost sure Ford will price Ecosport this way (+1 lakh extra from Ford classic variants) so that ford Classic stays 1 lakh Rs less than respective Ecosport variant, even with this pricing Ecosport should sell well.
The ecosport wont eat into the major players with this pricing even still because the competition is strong as ever, the Amaze,Dzire,Manza,Etios,i20,Ertiga,Polo,Fabia,Sail,Classic, are the price competition for Ecosport and Amaze,Sail,Etios,i20,Ertiga,polo will sure steal a good pie of Ecosports sales for its shortcomings, but for enthusiasts and for modern style and urban CUV car lovers this is an absolute blast,Well done ford keeping fingers crossed for pricing to be lower than what i expect[:)]

That is an excellent review 350Z. It has covered very minute details & amazing set of pictures to clear all the doubts. [clap]
Really disappointed with the lack of space on the rear seat of ES. I liked the Blue colour more than the Mars Red.

Duster prices
Renault Versions On-Road Price
RxE Petrol 8,93,668
85 PS RxE Diesel 9,74,388
RxL Petrol 10,00,436
85 PS RxL Diesel 10,86,773
110 PS RxL Diesel 12,21,211
85 PS RxL Diesel (Opt) 12,44,090
110 PS RxZ Diesel 13,25,202
110 PS RxZ Diesel (Opt) 13,82,745

For those who compare duster prices with Ecosport, here is the on road pricing of Duster as per my city Trivandrum we cant get a Duster even with 85 pS without spending more than 10 lakh and I drove duster the petrols are below 10 lakh but they are so slow and milage is low and felt like the engine was struggling to keep up with even an Alto. i expect same with Ecosport 1.5 Tivct as well.

Top Bottom