Ford EcoSport Review & Pictures

Re: Cheapness Exposed ---FORD INDIA

In my last visit, GM & Engineer refused to open car hood. That indicated that they wanted to harass us. We visited another dealership unfortunately, Ford Engineer was already there and thus car was not repaired. Earlier same guy said car got issues.

A week later, we visited another NEW DEALERSHIP. Their system was yet to go online with Ford India.

They agreed to change parts and accept car has issues. They were shocked that Harpreet Ford and Ford Engineer could not identify the same.

They changed Mounts(2) & a Fan Assembly. Vibrations are greatly gone.

they suggested to change AC Comp as well. As with AC on, car has NVH levels and hits the ears.

However, 2 weeks later they are now refusing to change it saying all is fine.

Seems again Ford India stopped them. THEY ARE CHASING ME. WHAT A SCAM.

WHO IN INDUSTRY REFUSE TO OPEN A HOOD??

Dude show them Ford Ecosport specification in booklet or website which was approved by ARAI for NVH levels. Below is one sample doc

http://it.delhigovt.nic.in/writereaddata/Cir201675721.pdf

You can send your video to ARAI and ask them if ARAI issued certificate for Ecosport producing that much loud sound and that it confirms their standards.

Address : Registered Office
Survey No. 102, Vetal Hill, Off Paud Road,
Kothrud, Pune - 411 038
P.B. No. 832, Pune - 411 004
Tel. No. : +91-020-30231111 Fax No. : +91-20-3023 1104 Email Id: : info@araiindia.com

80K Service update!

This was by far the costliest service of my ES Diesel. Total cost was Rs 12700/-
Regular service cost was 5400/-
Got Disc & Front Brake Shoes changed which increased the overall cost.
Touchwood, ES is running fine and will be completing 4 years with me this November :)

Dude show them Ford Ecosport specification in booklet or website which was approved by ARAI for NVH levels. Below is one sample doc

You can send your video to ARAI and ask them if ARAI issued certificate for Ecosport producing that much loud sound and that it confirms their standards.

Kothrud, Pune - 411 038
P.B. No. 832, Pune - 411 004 image Tel. No. : +91-020-30231111 Fax No. : +91-20-3023 1104 Email Id: : info@araiindia.com
Mate ESmaniac is like family to us@here. He is dealing with crooked ford which has no work ethics. While you have a point, these guys have no professionalism, ethics and moral values. Disgraceful is a very modest word to reflect upon the attitude of Ford India.

They refused to Open car hood and took over 3 years to identify that Mounts were one of the parts failed. New dealer has refused to change AC etc now after Ford India instructions it seems.

This is so sick and can happen in our country riding on lack of strict consumer protection measures.
TRAI is like another Govt Agency and will collide with Ford India.

BTW I am ready to extend any legal support to him and others.

Last edited:
2018 Ford Ecosport with 1.5l Petrol engine and Automatic launched
Most reviews are saying the new Ecosport is a thorough improvement over the current model
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZGXWXshmus
Here is one that might look exactly like one for India ie with dual tone interiors
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuKDXHldkz0
Here is a test drive impression
use translate to translate Portuguese to English
Teste: novo EcoSport melhora pouco com motor 1.5 três cilindros | Quatro Rodas
The new 1.5l i3 Dragon Petrol is made in India and Ford is giving a new 6 speed torque converter AT as well instead of Getrag DCT150 gearbox which seems to be a superb gearbox for the job ion hand
Also the new 1.5 TiVCT is said to be far better than the Honda 1.5 iVTEC as well specially in low and mid range making it an ideal city and overtake friendly car, its just in the high revs ie post 6000 rpm it looses steam because each cylinder weighs more compared to less weighty 4 cylinder setup in i4
And here is a direct comparison between Ford Ecosport 1.5 Petrol AT and Honda WRV 1.5 Petrol AT,
http://jornaldocarro.estadao.com.br/carros/novo-ford-ecosport-freestyle-encara-honda-wr-v/

Kothrud, Pune - 411 038
P.B. No. 832, Pune - 411 004 image Tel. No. : +91-020-30231111 Fax No. : +91-20-3023 1104 Email Id: : info@araiindia.com
Guess what when i raised it to customer service, they said parts had no issue/little issue. It was done as customer gesture.

Must say these people have NO SHAME, NO WORTH ETHICS.

Service Manager clearly had said car got issues. They are shameless bunch of people.

Error code video??? DCT Errors....

Hi Guys,

I found out diagnostic code video from Youtube and tried to found this on car.

Found multiple codes like P1100,P0178,P0583,P084D etc. I googled and here it was they say

P0178 code definition > Fuel Composition Sensor Circuit Low Input
P02E8 Diesel Intake Air Flow Position Sensor Circuit Low
P084E Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor Switch H Circuit Intermittent
P1100 FORD Mass Air Flow Sensor Intermittent

See 54 seconds onwards.However, OBD summary says NONE. Which is strange

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f77hlyj5nPg

These make sense specially in light of Vibration on Idle and Engine Shake.

Please see the video and guide if these are ERROR CODES??
If yes, Ford all this while has been lying that no error is there in Scan.

Last edited:
Re: Error code video??? DCT Errors....

Hi Guys,

I found out diagnostic code video from Youtube and tried to found this on car.

Found multiple codes like P1100,P0178,P0583,P084D etc. I googled and here it was they say

P0178 code definition > Fuel Composition Sensor Circuit Low Input
P02E8 Diesel Intake Air Flow Position Sensor Circuit Low
P084E Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor Switch H Circuit Intermittent
P1100 FORD Mass Air Flow Sensor Intermittent

See 54 seconds onwards.However, OBD summary says NONE. Which is strange

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f77hlyj5nPg

These make sense specially in light of Vibration on Idle and Engine Shake.

Please see the video and guide if these are ERROR CODES??
If yes, Ford all this while has been lying that no error is there in Scan.
This is an inventory of error codes , if there is an error it will appear in the OBD or as a warning light in the self test while running codes

This is an inventory of error codes , if there is an error it will appear in the OBD or as a warning light in the self test while running codes
So nothing to worry. Right Friend?? Shall I buy a OBD II blutooth reader worth 600@Amazon.

Now after mount change car is so much better. There is thak thak sound occasionally when I turn the key to start the engine,

Last edited:

So nothing to worry. Right Friend?? Shall I buy a OBD II blutooth reader worth 600@Amazon.

Now after mount change car is so much better. There is thak thak sound occasionally when I turn the key to start the engine,
Yes if its that cheap I say you MUST buy one you can pin point any issue manually rather than relying on unreliable Ford service personnel
Also do read reviews of OBD II before buying and do check whether its compatible with Ford, thak thak sound during start up maybe due to ignition coil,
Now how is mileage and AC performance, after mount change? Does cranking UP AC filter vibrations into cabin and A B C pedals?

Yes if its that cheap I say you MUST buy one you can pin point any issue manually rather than relying on unreliable Ford service personnel
Also do read reviews of OBD II before buying and do check whether its compatible with Ford, thak thak sound during start up maybe due to ignition coil,
Now how is mileage and AC performance, after mount change? Does cranking UP AC filter vibrations into cabin and A B C pedals?
Thanks bro for response as usual. Surprisingly average is around 16.5 up from 13. Ford say mount change had nothing to do with mounts.

One worry is - Engine Shakes while driving - Forward and backward types. If I move foot from A pedal say when at 40KMPH it slows down with jerks. Mind you I am not referring to lugging :-). Just an example - Another is when accelarating it jerks occasionally.

AC does cause vibrations and motor sounds. They not gonna do anything about it so not visiting them again. I guess A pedal got slight vibration nothing unusual.

Alternatively, I shall visit and get it scanned at 600 Rs.

OBDII link : Super Mini Elm327 V1.5 Bluetooth Obd2 Obd-ii Car Auto Diagnostic Scanner Android: Amazon.in: Car & Motorbike

Info required for rear camera on Ecosports Titanium+

I am these days taking TDs of different cars to confirm my purchase in the coming weeks/months. One of them was of ecosport, and one thing really stumped is the fact that according to the sales rep the new Ecosports are not coming with any rear camera, oh and this is for Titanium + and Platinum range. Can someone confirm if that really is the case???? I didnt find anything online hence posting

Top Bottom