Ford EcoSport Review & Pictures

Re: First Drive: Ford EcoSport Test Drive Review

Rightly said. There are hardly 20% people who actually do a research before buying a car in India. Rest 80% Indian go with the crowd. This is the main reason behind the success of Maruti. They are in the market when they hardly had any rival. But future will change the course of automotive world with the launch of new brands, with new cars.
I have posted the expected price rage of Ecosport as per what i think Ford will price it on page 3 of forum, since ford thinks Ecopsort is a premium car i think Ford will price Ecosport 1 lakh above the Ford Classic which too has thee variants in petrol and Diesel and as per my pricing strategy itself the Ecosport doesn't cross the 10 lakh mark so by pricing it that way Ford will be able to save their Ford Classic as well from Ecosport not killing it.

By the end of the day it all depends on what the public think and are willing to pay for the ES and not ford for the car to be success

We have seen what ford thought about new fiesta and figo and the result coming out of it .

Hope ford finds a balance in pricing from the lessons learned from figo and new fiesta [roll].

Last edited:

yes i do agree with Raja but here is a video of the 2014 Ford Fiesta, i am really impressed with the interior of the Fiesta Excellent except for the rear legroom which should have been better but overall this is the best cabin i have ever seen in a small car, hope Ford does bring this version to India as well
2014 Ford Fiesta Review - YouTube

Fantastic review ! Read on other forum that we are catching up with them and are second to them.Shouting out at them loudly :please:FYKI we were always there and the problem is you people think your first.Kudos to 350z for excellent write up[clap]

Fantastic review ! Read on other forum that we are catching up with them and are second to them.Shouting out at them loudly FYKI we were always there and the problem is you people think your first.Kudos to 350z for excellent write up
Exactly. Proud that TAI has reached this height, by just playing fair!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

That was an awesome review,covered all the points.Now,this Ford will bring hailstorms in the market.!Lets see what the prices will be.

For this vehicle to be a runaway success, it has to be priced right. I only hope Ford learns its lesson from fiesta. Ford ecosport is a small SUV and lets keep in mind that its 4mts in length. This means that its equivalent to a small car except that its been given a SUV look. So ideally Ford should not pitch it against Duster.
They have a killer product in hand. Lets see what happens. I am desperately waiting for this [surprise]

Nice Review 350Z. nicely covered all the areas of the Urban SUV. now need to wait for Ford to launch at a attractive price and also need to review the car completely once launched and would be eager to know the performance and life cycle of the new engine.

Ford normally (esp Figo ) have issues with low FE figures, whether Eco also falls in the same loop or its different, would need to know about it?

Jus waiting for launch of this SUV!!

Excellent Review Vibhor. Congrats.

I am yet not finished reading it... [;)] Will come back to you with my questions once done.

@350Z
Excellent write up.
A couple of questions if you could comment upon:
  • How do you compare its interior fit & finish and the quality of plastic used with that in Duster ?
  • No LEDs on the headlamps, even in the top end variant?
  • Any clue on whether any variant comes with Sunroof ?

Last edited:

Well Said Vicky !!

Even I am expecting trend model (1.5 Diesel ) to some where in range of 7.5 - 8 lac , that's why I am holding up on my delivery of Amaze Diesel.

Appropriate Pricing could do wonder with this product from Ford.
Good decision dude !! provided the fact that ford is expected to come up with a very good pricing and the fact that amaze is a terrific value for money I feel the competition is getting heated up though they belong to different segments and vehicle types considering the priceband in which they are going to be pitched in.

Excellent write up Vibhor (350Z)![clap] IMO this color is very attracrive.
Now all eyes glued for the pricing by Ford.

In the mean time this is what I found surfing the net.

Pictorial comparison for the Ecosport and the Duster!!!

Ford-EcoSport-and-renault-duster-spied-front-720x537.jpg

Ford-EcoSport-and-renault-duster-spied-rear-720x537.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Thats a very detailed review. The pricing will be the key though. Considering that Ford waited so long to launch so that they could achieve 70% localisation, they should price it competitively. It will take a lot to upstage the Duster which is making Renault laugh all the way to the bank.

Top Bottom