Ford EcoSport Review & Pictures

Wonderful review Vibhor, You have re-confirmed most of my assumptions on Ecosport officially. I liked all the pictures specifically one shot from the quarter glass![clap]. But there is a considerable blind spot for reversing. Looks like vehicle has enough legroom(which I thought would be a issue since its a sub 4 mtr) but shoulder room is a issue. How do you compare shoulder room against Duster? For some reason Duster looks too spacious width-wise, is it a illusion?

I feel Ecoboost might give better mileage if you stick to non turbo range unless situation requires so. For a more enthusiastic zippy driver mileage may drop drastically. Do you think so? Anything discussed about it during the meet?

Rear seat arches looks too high looked from inside, it appears that it goes above the head rest line. So do you think its going to make people in the back seat to become 'travel sick' on a windy roads, especially kids?

Well my requirement almost what 'Sameer' has except I am 15 years older than him. [lol]
Ecoboost is a very sensitive engine as you have mentioned, If you push the engine hard its just like any normal 1.6 Engine but the fact is you wont neeed to push it hard as you would have to in a Naturally aspirated 1.6 where the Power to torque curve is almost in a linear fashion so higher revs higher power and torque low revs low torque and low Power, but Ecoboost we just need little throttle inputs to keep it in the boil say 1500-2500 rpm and we ll get good milage say 12-13 kmpl in city and on highway the Ecoboost has a slight defect it revs upto 3000 rpm even in 5 th gear if we are cruising in 12-140 kmph,whereas naturally Aspirated engines would do around 1500-2500 rpm thus a better smooth ride, but in highway at a cruise at 140 kmph itself we might get a mileage of 14.6-15.6 kmpl as per the Ford Focus 1.0 ecoboost that too weighs 1280 kg and was driven by my uncle in Scotland.

Wonderful report buddy[clap], the engine bay does look very flimsy thanks to the missing engine cover. Any chance of getting to test the Eco sport with the diesel engine?
The engine cover is purposefully avoided bY Ford as for 2 reasons
1.)maximum less usage of plastics and cost
2.)vibration of engine which might produce a little bit of extra noise, remember NVH is highly emphasized by Ford.

Great Review Vibhor except for the 4-Seater i dont feel anything bad of the vehicle.
Knowing that it cant seat 3 adults comfortableat the rear bench why hasn't Ford given the center arm rest in the rear?
Atleast it would be a luxury to the rear seat passengers.
cost cutting for sure, also the third passenger headrest and the silver cladding and the Day time running lights and beige upholstery inside were purposefully avoided for cost cutting, even still Ecosport the basic brazilian design too didnt have armrest, and Ecosport dosent stand for luxury its completely a sporty vehicle packaged in practical trim levels for India.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: First Drive: Ford EcoSport Test Drive Review

Hey 350Z,looks like the A pillar is quite thick and the front quaterglass looks small, almost useless.Does it hamper visibility?Can you please shed some light on this since you have driven this car in Goa's traffic.[:)]

Thanks

Absolutely awesome and splendid review 350Z. Rated 5*.

Everything is covered to detail.

Everybody now is waiting for the price. [:D]

Excellent review. I actually saw you guys at Cortalim Junction on the 9th. Didn't know you were there. I see you were driving car No. 5. Car No. 6 actually toppled during the drive.

Ford Ecosport is unarguably one of the very few cars which have managed to settle in the hearts of several thousand Indians much prior of its official debut. Personally, my association with this model dates back to January 2012 when Ford invited The Automotive India to Ecosport’s global première just ahead of the 11th Auto Expo. I’m fanatically following the developments of this vehicle ever since and our forum has always been flooded with exclusive information and images on the Ecosport. The buzz generated by this car is perhaps the strongest any car has been able to do in India lately. And there’s a valid reason to it. That’s the new segment in which the Ecosport is going to be pitched in.

This will be the launch of the year. This could very well be the game changer for Ford India operation. Kudos to ford for bringing this car to India. Guess other manufactures will follow the suite and launch compact SUVs.

I completely agree that this will be the most awaited car of the year. The fact that this car has been spoken about in all forums, reviewed, appreciated, criticised for the various things talks about the popularity its gained. Everything will be put to rest with the pricing of the car.

I think Ecosport will be a revolutionary launch in India if Ford prices it in the range osf say the i20 or polo, but even if the launch is revolutionary I dont expect huge sales like what the Swift did in 2006 because at that time market was not saturated but now it is and the average Indian has buying capacity to look at all alternatives of the same price range, so i hope it will be a good success but nothing phenomenal, Even the Amaze is not doing wonders, its just a good launch, also i still dont understand why people are so crazy of the Toyota Etios, i test drove it, it was like a car made out of plastic, so poorly built and plastics were hard and scratchy and steering and suspension was horrible, but the Toyota brand name sells such a crappy vehicle(1 of the best selling cars in India 2012). Really surprised with Indians nature.

Superb, Superb, Superb

Rating it excellent

So much of my theories regarding Ecosport India have come true from my Brasilian ES drive [;)]

Well will someone like me still buy the ES in India? Probably a No considering my family size and kids are growing bigger and taller, i wud probably not

Would i buy a ertiga - mostly yes

But to all those youngistan folks in India who do not have SPACE as a constraint right now, please consider the ecosport [;)]

Good Review. For sure either the price of the Ecoboost engine (Titanium) or 1.5P Dual clutch Transmission (Titanium) will not be over 8 lakhs Ex-Showroom. As VW Polo TSI was priced 7.99 Lakhs. which has Turbo Petrol engine and 7 speed dry Dual clutch Transmission which is more advance than Ford's 6 speed dry Dual Clutch Transmission. If pricing is more than 9 lakhs for Titanium option, only it will sell for inital hype.

Awesome review. I expect this car to make quite a stir in the Indianauto Industry and also for Ford India. It has all the right proportions, good leg room, headroom, lots of useful features, Life saving Sync system and the only right ingredient which is pending for the perfect recipe is the pricing. If Ford manages to get it right I think this will be the launch of the decade. From my side I think 6.49 lakh ex showroom for lower end petrol 1.5 tivct and 9 lakh for titanium 1.5 diesel and 1 L ecoboost at 8.9 lakh to be a good deal looking at the value they provide also for Ford's ride and handling. What say guys?

Awesome review. I expect this car to make quite a stir in the Indianauto Industry and also for Ford India. It has all the right proportions, good leg room, headroom, lots of useful features, Life saving Sync system and the only right ingredient which is pending for the perfect recipe is the pricing. If Ford manages to get it right I think this will be the launch of the decade. From my side I think 6.49 lakh ex showroom for lower end petrol 1.5 tivct and 9 lakh for titanium 1.5 diesel and 1 L ecoboost at 8.9 lakh to be a good deal looking at the value they provide also for Ford's ride and handling. What say guys?
I guess 9L for titanium 1.5D would be a competitive price tag. But I still feel that ford will price it even lower say in 8L range. However they should start the base model at 5.9L to attract customers. Ecoboost should be placed starting 7.XL

Great review. Truly deserve a 5 star rating. Eager to see the car in flesh in showroom.

Well Said Vicky !!

Even I am expecting trend model (1.5 Diesel ) to some where in range of 7.5 - 8 lac , that's why I am holding up on my delivery of Amaze Diesel.

Appropriate Pricing could do wonder with this product from Ford.

I think Ecosport will be a revolutionary launch in India if Ford prices it in the range osf say the i20 or polo, but even if the launch is revolutionary I dont expect huge sales like what the Swift did in 2006 because at that time market was not saturated but now it is and the average Indian has buying capacity to look at all alternatives of the same price range, so i hope it will be a good success but nothing phenomenal, Even the Amaze is not doing wonders, its just a good launch, also i still dont understand why people are so crazy of the Toyota Etios, i test drove it, it was like a car made out of plastic, so poorly built and plastics were hard and scratchy and steering and suspension was horrible, but the Toyota brand name sells such a crappy vehicle(1 of the best selling cars in India 2012). Really surprised with Indians nature.
Rightly said. There are hardly 20% people who actually do a research before buying a car in India. Rest 80% Indian go with the crowd. This is the main reason behind the success of Maruti. They are in the market when they hardly had any rival. But future will change the course of automotive world with the launch of new brands, with new cars.

Top Bottom