Ford Ecosport Diesel Review & Pictures: Diesel Demon

Re: Ford Ecosport Diesel Test Drive Review

If kms reading is less than three digit
And if it was billed from ford factory during aug end then no problem in taking the car as i got the same surety from ford
If you are OK with it ; then go ahead with your purchase buddy.Wish you many miles of safe and happy motoring

@350z, Regarding turbolag, can you name few cars (sedan or hatch) with similar price which of re better and worst than TDCI ES?

Are there any aftermarket ways to reduce the harshness of the ride due to the hardness of suspension?

I want to know your thoughts on why ford has provided hard suspension for this car?

@350z, Regarding turbolag, can you name few cars (sedan or hatch) with similar price which of re better and worst than TDCI ES?

Are there any aftermarket ways to reduce the harshness of the ride due to the hardness of suspension?

I want to know your thoughts on why ford has provided hard suspension for this car?
the 2015 Polo is a car that can rival and defeat the Ecosport in ride quality,lesser turbo lag,a bit more engaging to drive,quieter inside, has lot of useful features as well, the new i20 Elite too is a great car but it has worse turbo lag than Ecosport but on the flipside has an airy cabin nice fit finish and a whole lot of features to pamper the occupants
Maruti Ertiga and Honda Mobilio too kind of fight with the Ecosport but a recent study by some safety society found that the MPVs like Mobilio,Ertiga etc are super unsafe cars as manufacturers has to lengthen the frame to accommodate more space and this in turn reduced structure rigidity and extremely unsafe in case of impacts

Also some sedans in their full option forms cost less than Ecosport like new Fiesta itself cost less than fully loaded Ecosport and its a peach to drive and gets brilliant mileage on highways
the new Skoda Rapid is a super strong all rounder
Sunny/Scala/City too offer space and good comfort
ciaz since its a Suzuki can be cheap to maintain and run and has got loads of space inside
So there is good competition for Ecosport
After market suspensions can improve the ride of Ecosport but the cars dynamics will be spoiled by some extent and it voids warranty as well, The Ecosoprts suspension is made stiff to accommodate the body roll that SUVs encounter when taking corners at high speeds or when direction change happens swiftly
Stiffer springs means better control, usually in FWD cars front suspension is made stiffer than rear to aid comfort for rear passengers but in Ecosport both have almost same stiffness
Another important thing is dampers, the dampers of current MK1 Ecosport is very stiff and even though if one changes the suspension the dampers will be stiff enough to control rebound, the rear suspension is a torsion beam type setup kind of like the live rear axle used in lot of old school muscle cars etc, so it isnt sophisticated enough to deal with bumps as well as giving comfort at the same time
In comparison Duster too has same setup but larger wider tires and wider subframe allows for better suspension travel and better inclination for dampers, so the Duster is a ride quality king, its superb in terms of comfort and handles pretty well too

Understood that i20 e has more turbolag than ES D,
but how can we conclude 2115 polo would out perform ES on Ride specifically ont, it is not yet launched yet.

Regarding other cars you mentioned, I wanted to know which cars have better low end torque & ride quality than ES D specifically. Also don't forget to comment or provide link on cross polo. .

Last edited:

Understood that i20 e has more turbolag than ES D,
but how can we conclude 2115 polo would out perform ES on Ride specifically ont, it is not yet launched yet.

Regarding other cars you mentioned, I wanted to know which cars have better low end torque & ride quality than ES D specifically. Also don't forget to comment or provide link on cross polo. .
Polo Diesel is launched in India and my brother took a test drive a few weeks back and since he is quiet acquainted with Ecosport he knows well
Ride quality of new Polo is truly amazing he says, its very comfortable and has possibly the best balance between stiffness and firmness among hatchbacks
About other cars the Renault Duster 85 PS felt less turbo laggy than Ecosport but that difference is negligible and once past 2500 rpm the Ecosport just destroys Duster despite being heavier than Duster 85 PS
The Vento/Rapid 1.5 or 1.6 TDi twins are the cars that I have driven with least turbo lag feel, super responsive engines, but they sound awful in my view has loads of punch in all gears, one can pull from 30 kmph in 5 th gear itself to 100 kmph, very responsive engine
Havent driven the new Honda City/Ciaz so cant comment on that, rest all other cars have same or more lag than Ecosport
Cross Polo is a big No in my book, it dosent have anything going for it, also it has the 1.2 TDi not the new 1.5 TDi even if it gets the new 1.5 TDi ists not at all rugged and is in no way a match to the mini ruff and tuff Ecosport

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Update:

Ford EcoSport, the American carmaker's compact SUV, has been recalled in India as a result of "a potential concern related to Rear Twist Beam bolt". The voluntary recall affects 16,444 units of the Ford EcoSport that were manufactured at the carmaker's facility in Chennai between November 2013 and April 2014.
link

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom