Ford Drops ‘Fiesta’ Tag from Classic. Titanium Model Launched at 6.86 Lakhs

Re: Ford Drop ‘Fiesta’ Tag from Classic. Titanium Model Launched at 6.86 Lakhs

It's just a mental set up which we Indian's have developed over certain brand's, Ford is really working hard to erase "Expensive to Maintain" image from our mind's but don't think it's reaching the Masses.
Ford was considered to be an up market brand and the maintenance cost was considered to be sky high. But with the VFM hatch Figo Ford was able to establish itself as a brand that would cater all kinds of customers.
Fiesta rebadged as classic has become more VFM with its new price and would be a tougher competetor to Dzire, Etios and Sunny.
Hope Ford would price its Ecosport SUV also as in the case of Figo and Ford Classic[glasses]

350Z

Core Team

It's just a mental set up which we Indian's have developed over certain brand's, Ford is really working hard to erase "Expensive to Maintain" image from our mind's but don't think it's reaching the Masses.
Fusion and Mondeo were too expensive to maintain. Same image still carries in the mind of new buyers. Not that Ford has become cheap to own. But affordable? Yes.

Drive Safe,
350Z

The cost however of classic titanium diesel is 9.36 lacs on road Pune. [surprise]. Well that's not cheap at all. As compared to this the figo diesel makes more sense at 7.07 lacs on road Pune. Well this is just by looking at both the cars. I haven't driven any of these till date.

The cost however of classic titanium diesel is 9.36 lacs on road Pune. [surprise]. Well that's not cheap at all. As compared to this the figo diesel makes more sense at 7.07 lacs on road Pune. Well this is just by looking at both the cars. I haven't driven any of these till date.
I am not sure of the differences in the on road cost of various cars across India.
But A Ford Classic Titanium diesel may cost 9.36 lakhs on road. We must take into consideration the fact that Swift Dzire ZDi which has almost all the features of top end Classic would cost you almost the same. In the context we refer to as cheaper means "cheaper in its class which would offer Value For our hard earned money".

Well in Delhi the cost of Fiesta Classic Titanium Diesel is 7.82. Insurance of arround 22 k, Logistics - 6500, Ford Kit - 2200. Registration cost I believe is 5% of the cost of the car not sure though.

Thanks
Sunil Bajaj

Thread Starter #36

Ford had a really Costly image with the older Ikon, Mondeo and Fusion. But after the success of the older fiesta(now classic), Relaunched Ikon Tdci and the Figo the costly image started to vanish a bit and VFM tag was bestowed with these models.. But they made a pricing blunder with the New Fiesta. A better product was made a flop. Again people started believing Ford is too costly to maintain. Hope they price the Ecosport competitively.

Ford had a really Costly image with the older Ikon, Mondeo and Fusion. But after the success of the older fiesta(now classic), Relaunched Ikon Tdci and the Figo the costly image started to vanish a bit and VFM tag was bestowed with these models.. But they made a pricing blunder with the New Fiesta. A better product was made a flop. Again people started believing Ford is too costly to maintain. Hope they price the Ecosport competitively.
Whatever ford does I don't care just price the ecosport nicely is my only wish .
The only thing I love about ford cars is the fun to drive nature I don't think the dezire can even come close to the fiesta in driving dynamics .

Whatever ford does I don't care just price the ecosport nicely is my only wish .
That's my wish too, I hope Ford wont ask premium price for their Ecosport with Ecoboost engine, i am seriously looking forward for it.

That's my wish too, I hope Ford wont ask premium price for their Ecosport with Ecoboost engine, i am seriously looking forward for it.
You can't even imagine how sad I will feel if they overprice it . Whichever car I like some mess happens tata is playing games with strome and ford is notorious in pricing their cars badly [frustration]. If they both fail I will just go and buy the sx4 cng and enjoy 20 km per kg which is 33 rs per kg in Mumbai [:D]

I got a classic car ..

is it

yes

its new

how come ? Classic cars are the vintage cars isn't it?

No this time its brand new daily commutor from Ford called Classic [lol]

ford India need to be more creative than this

You can't even imagine how sad I will feel if they overprice it . Whichever car I like some mess happens tata is playing games with strome and ford is notorious in pricing their cars badly ]
+1 Raja.
I don't think that Ford would again experiment with pricing their products as in the case of fiesta sedan.
Ford will get a good number of customers if they price it sensibly. I am sure that the prices of mini xylo and the renault duster would have a greater role in deciding the price of ecosport.
I do join the community of TAIans who wish Ford India to price Ecosport well and not to disappoint us as in the case of fiesta sedan.

Nice to see Classic version coming with even more lesser price tag. Dropping the name Fiesta also sounds good.

I think this price drop will set a clear boundary between classic and new fiesta. At the same time I am also expecting some price drop in new fiesta so that some more counts can fall under sales chart for ford.

Hmmm... Looking all these makes me think that why not sell the petrol one and buy a new diesel mill. [confused]

350Z

Core Team
Re: Ford Fiesta Classic Getting a Makeover Soon

As a Fiesta Classic SXi owner myself, I could figure out a few apparent changes (Read cost cutting):

> Ford Figo Dashboard

> Ford Figo’s Audio Set up

> Basic Alloy Wheels Design

> Missing Chrome Grille / ORVM

> Unfoldable Rear Seat Base (Figo’s Seat?)
Another Point: Now Classic comes with only four speakers as opposed to six earlier. And Ford is offering those chrome garnishes as a part of the accessories.

Drive Safe,
350Z

i dont feel the cost cutting jobs are healthy. it spoils the fiesta. the basic alloy of figo is installed in it. what about the leather seats?

Top Bottom