Ford Drops ‘Fiesta’ Tag from Classic. Titanium Model Launched at 6.86 Lakhs

Re: Ford Classic Relaunched with New Features at Rs.6.86 Lakhs

I was browsing though the Ford website and i was amazed to see the pricing basic diesel model to be somewhere around 6.XX bucks which imo is good enough as compare to Etios and likes.
With such accurate pricing cabbie's don't even consider this model[confused]

I was astounded to hear the mileage delivered by the ford classic diesel by a certain automotive journalist team - they managed to get over 32kmpl in real world conditions over about 20000kms - does anybody on the forum have a diesel fiesta classic - would love to hear more about this - how is the driveability of the diesel version especially? if its any close to this mileage claimed and the driveability is acceptable i find it stonking value for money.

350Z

Core Team

> Basic Alloy Wheels Design
In fact these alloys are similar to what we see on Figo. Ford has increased part sharing which helps to lower the costs without disappointing the buyers much. Still I would suggest if the dealer has an SXI in stock – Go for it. There’s a great chance to fetch a sweet deal. Personally I dislike the plastic used on Figo (Esp. Dashboard).

With such accurate pricing cabbie's don't even consider this model
Ford Fiesta Classic TDCi with Yellow number plates is not a rare sight here. But then, it’s not too common either as Maruti or Toyota. Major reason being lesser room on the rear seats as well as much hyped after sales and maintenance costs of a Ford which however has been superb for me so far.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team

I was astounded to hear the mileage delivered by the ford classic diesel by a certain automotive journalist team - they managed to get over 32kmpl in real world conditions over about 20000kms - does anybody on the forum have a diesel fiesta classic - would love to hear more about this - how is the driveability of the diesel version especially? if its any close to this mileage claimed and the driveability is acceptable i find it stonking value for money.
Fiesta Diesel is popular for it’s fuel efficiency figures but the claim of 32 Kmpl isn’t ARAI approved. It was achieved during a special test by Autocar India in restricted conditions which is next to impossible to achieve in our regular driving conditions.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Fiesta Diesel is popular for it’s fuel efficiency figures but the claim of 32 Kmpl isn’t ARAI approved. It was achieved during a special test by Autocar India in restricted conditions which is next to impossible to achieve in our regular driving conditions.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Hi 350Z,

I think you have got one for your self recently. What is the FE you are getting.

Drive Safe,
350Z
I also read the same from drivespark. But it said "it is ARAI approved".
I always used to think why ARAI figures are not acheived in normal condition.[surprise]

I also read the same from drivespark. But it said "it is ARAI approved".
I always used to think why ARAI figures are not acheived in normal condition.[surprise]
Not only that. When ever i took my chevvy to service center and enquire about FE, everybody says coolly that this will give more FE only after certain thousand KMs.

Iam wondering, is the TRAY figures also after such thousans KMS on ODO?

Not only that. When ever i took my chevvy to service center and enquire about FE, everybody says coolly that this will give more FE only after certain thousand KMs.

Iam wondering, is the TRAY figures also after such thousans KMS on ODO?
In general everybody says after first service FE will increase (It does but not much). I hardly managed to get 19 only one time, rest of the time I get 15 to 17 [confused]

But I dont think ARAI figures are after some kms

Re: Ford Drop ‘Fiesta’ Tag from Classic. Titanium Model Launched at 6.86 Lakhs

In my Car (PUNTO) once I was able to get 23.9 kmpl where as ARAI figures are 19.9 kmpl. [lol]

Re: Ford Fiesta Classic Getting a Makeover Soon

Welcome aboard to The Automotive India, Asir. Thanks for sharing this piece of news. Ford has finally realized that keeping two models in a similar range isn’t going to help much. Fiesta Classic was itself eating up most of the sales of its own sibling (New Fiesta). It seems that Ford is now working on further cost cutting with top-end Classic. Glad I bought the current Fiesta Classic SXi. Let’s wait and watch if there are any other noticeable changes on the exteriors.

Drive Safe,
350Z
ya its true there is no use cutting its price . Its makes the car useless with some cost cutting and cheap works . when the price of a car is decresed by making its engine and body because its weight is reduced and you may have some problems which cant be said to anyone but can be felt when you drive those vehicles.

and this cost cutting activity spoils the name of fiesta and also ford so in my piont of view its worthless

Hi Friends recently joined the Group Looking for some suggestions from you all to elp me out Looking for a Sedan in the proce range of 7.5 to 8.5 Lakhs. Had booked DZIRE 3 months back called up the Dealer and what he told me that it would take additional 6 to 9 months for the delivery a I had booked the ZDi Now I am seriously thinking of Ford Classic but not too confident of the after sales and the spare parts cost Can someone throw some light on their personal user experience with the Ford I know it is a fun car to drive but just conserned aboyt the ASS and the spare parts costs as I have seen that for Ford Figo users many have written lot of breakup within the warranty period.

Thanks
Sunil

Last edited by a moderator:

Can someone throw some light on their personal user experience with the Ford I know it is a fun car to drive but just conserned aboyt the ASS and the spare parts costs as I have seen that for Ford Figo users many have written lot of breakup within the warranty period.
350Z will be the best person to answer this as he owns a Fiesta. The Fiesta is a real drivers car. You will really enjoy driving it. Beleive it or not but Fords are actually now cheaper to maintain than Maruti's.

350Z will be the best person to answer this as he owns a Fiesta. The Fiesta is a real drivers car. You will really enjoy driving it. Beleive it or not but Fords are actually now cheaper to maintain than Maruti's.
+1000 perfectly said just check the ownership log about figo i was shocked to see that diesel figo servicing cost is just 3000 were as swift and all is pretty steep .
The fiesta class must be cheap to maintain as it shares almost most of the parts with figo.
When it comes to driving dynamics hands down ford and fiat cars no other cars match the fun . VW are good but in my book I give ford number 1 .
Again fiesta is a proven car and is proper sedan unlike the notchback dezire.

Thread Starter #29

Friends I am owning a 2009 Oct Ford Fiesta Limited Edition. Till date it has clocked 68,000 Kms. I am Fully satisfied with it. I bought it for its driving dynamics, handling, fuel efficiency etc. I was concerned about the ASS. But it was and is not that costly as compared to other C segment Sedans. I have no issues till date and I Service as per the schedule. Ford ASS people have changed a bit and are now people friendly. Also Ford has localized many parts now. So compared to previous Fiestas, Classic will be more cheaper.

It's just a mental set up which we Indian's have developed over certain brand's, Ford is really working hard to erase "Expensive to Maintain" image from our mind's but don't think it's reaching the Masses.

Top Bottom