Force Toofan 14-Seater: A 'Lite' Test Drive Review

How much will a winger cost?? Price?
Winger in K'taka costs more than 7 lakhs on-road for white board.

any idea bout its maintainence?
It's the same like other Tata cars.The engine used is from 407 so the cost of spares would be less.

Are seats foldable for additional space?
There are no foldable seats offered in Winger, they are benches in 14 seater which can be detached if you need additional space.

Winger is also a better option because it has power steering in all variants which is being offered.

Thread Starter #17
ilango[speed thirst];145140 said:
Hope winger cost upward of 5.8L , base variant , 13 to 14 seater with bench seat , i hope you could remove last row.
Luxury variant cost near 9 lakh with 9 seater - which may not be needed for you now.

I hope what you looks i car cum business thing .

I hope the sumo victa suits your purpose - another power thing that comes now is sumo gold. But you cant seat 8 and luggage at a time , without the help of a luggage carrier.

Many small business people here buys the victa - both as family car and also to transport their small products , some time intercity too in white board without paying additional tax.

A friend of mine in ups/battery and transformer manufacturing business , uses the tavera. removes the last seat and loads with some 3 to 4 batteries and some inverters etc.
2.35L and still pulls to 120kmph , Just ac clutch coil was replaced in its entire maintenance in additional to the 4 to 5 set of tyres! Even the stock leaf spring is not bend , but its aging now i hope!

Imo , 8 people and luggage option is difficult task.
if its 5 people with luggage there are many options starting from dual cab cars like bolero camper/ scorpio get away / even a xylo have a dual cab i suppose!
ya there are quite a few option in 5+luggage starting from humble omni,eeco, venture to xylo n the likes.

Victa uses the 3.0L DI or TCIC? comfort wise iv liked sumo more than qualis cuz of under thigh support.. qualis seats i feel are low. Gold will be expensive and i dunno if the price is justified.

It's the same like other Tata cars.The engine used is from 407 so the cost of spares would be less.

There are no foldable seats offered in Winger, they are benches in 14 seater which can be detached if you need additional space.

Winger is also a better option because it has power steering in all variants which is being offered.
if m not wrong winger uses TCIC engine from old safari n not the 3.0L DI. i may be wrong though. but i feel it will be more expensive on road than Toofan. Are there different wheelbases available in Winger?

Thread Starter #18
ilango[speed thirst];145140 said:
Hope winger cost upward of 5.8L , base variant , 13 to 14 seater with bench seat , i hope you could remove last row.
Luxury variant cost near 9 lakh with 9 seater - which may not be needed for you now.

I hope what you looks i car cum business thing .

I hope the sumo victa suits your purpose - another power thing that comes now is sumo gold. But you cant seat 8 and luggage at a time , without the help of a luggage carrier.

Many small business people here buys the victa - both as family car and also to transport their small products , some time intercity too in white board without paying additional tax.

A friend of mine in ups/battery and transformer manufacturing business , uses the tavera. removes the last seat and loads with some 3 to 4 batteries and some inverters etc.
2.35L and still pulls to 120kmph , Just ac clutch coil was replaced in its entire maintenance in additional to the 4 to 5 set of tyres! Even the stock leaf spring is not bend , but its aging now i hope!

Imo , 8 people and luggage option is difficult task.
if its 5 people with luggage there are many options starting from dual cab cars like bolero camper/ scorpio get away / even a xylo have a dual cab i suppose!
ya there are quite a few option in 5+luggage starting from humble omni,eeco, venture to xylo n the likes.

Victa uses the 3.0L DI or TCIC? comfort wise iv liked sumo more than qualis cuz of under thigh support.. qualis seats i feel are low. Gold will be expensive and i dunno if the price is justified.

if m not wrong winger uses TCIC engine from old safari n not the 3.0L DI. i may be wrong though. but i feel it will be more expensive on road than Toofan. Are there different wheelbases available in Winger?

Sumo victa and winger share same engine tcic as named. Old safari had them , present one is having different fuel pump for more torque.

Indigo and venture share same engine. 1.4 tdi

Sumo gold have 3L crdi engine.

That's a nice and detailed review buddy. i would say rather spending 8L on this you should go ahead with a Sumo or Xylo. Bolero is a good option too but i guess you have already ruled that option out of your list.

Thread Starter #23
That's a nice and detailed review buddy. i would say rather spending 8L on this you should go ahead with a Sumo or Xylo. Bolero is a good option too but i guess you have already ruled that option out of your list.
Thanks singh890. Right now only looking for seconds. purchase is still few weeks/months away. for our usage brand new price is not justified. so still researching.

Nice review, dis anybody notice a 'Mahindra Axe' in the first pic or is it a modified one??

Last edited:
This Toofan is the chosen vehicle for interstate long distance drives. Here in TN, I've seen vehicles driven all the way from Mumbai, Rajasthan, Gujarat etc to visit pilgrimage centres like Rameswaram.

This engine is tuned like a bus, that's why in a TT. Under normal conditions you can start off in 2nd gear. It's only for gradient or crawling you need 1st gear.

Thread Starter #26
Nice review, dis anybody notice a 'Mahindra Axe' in the first pic or is it a modified one??
Its been a 5 long years since i posted on this forum. Sorry about the long wait before i replied. The pic of the vehicle (green) you see is a Tempo Trax, it was owned by the owner of the showroom. He had removed the regular seats and replaced it with looked like chair (they were made of nylon straps like folding chairs) and IIRC had removable roof. He said he used to use it for hunting.

To update the thread, after all the research we finally ended up buying two Omnis. One was a brand new and other second hand. The older one has LPG tank, so it works out. And the total cost was fraction of this vehicle [:D]

Top Bottom