Force Motors Revives Legendary ‘Gurkha’ SUV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Force Motors Plans To Revive Legendary ‘Gurkha’ SUV Soon

This is in my view could be the best offroader (real offroading and not mickey mouse stuff + balanced on road behavior), the older Gurkha was a absolute legend in these aspects, i am praying this one carries the same DNA. Off course niggles will be there but there will be a lot lot more pleasure for serious offroaders.
I am really tempted towards this but why just a 2 door version ?

Thread Starter #34

Gurkha can leave Gypsy and Thar biting dust in terms of on-road manner's and it's Off road capabilities.
Another interesting fact is that there is a rumour about this model using Force one's Mercedes derived 2.2 engine, if it's true then it will be interesting to see how it will be tuned

+100 gypsy and thar arent practical for every day use for me especially, this is probably the best combo for real offroading and practical day to day use.
I mighty hope you are right about the rumour, hope they keep differential locks as before as well.

Thread Starter #36

More importantly this model needs an AC for the city dweller's to even consider buying this model.

^^+100
Gurkha also needs some basic features like A/C and of course better seats too. Rest this SUV is perfect for what it's designed. The capabilities of this SUV are unmatched and no doubt this is the most capable thing one can buy at the price or even triple. To see its capabilities, just go to youtube..there is not one or two but hundreds of such links which prove this vehicle's capabilities.

What is that pipe called which is to the driver side mirror ?

What is that pipe called which is to the driver side mirror ?
It is called Snorkel

Now iron rock can you please explain its benefits to us ? [:)]

And thanx for the videos they were awesome .

Last edited:

It is called Snorkel

Now iron rock can you please explain its benefits to us ? [:)]
Simple explanation its just to increase the water wading capability, by having the air intake to the engine at a high point. You can retrofit this in most SUVs

Okay guys, first of all..
I am seeing a GURKHA fanboy under making and the issue is that who will post against Gurkha if the fanboy is a moderator??[;)]

Secondly, If you are impressed by cheap plastic and fake wood, the Gurkha is not the vehicle for you. If you want unrelenting world class performance(off the road and at such low price), you have few options other than the Gurkha.

Eh, some people call it Indian G-Wagen, but yes...first time I saw a Gurkha I was like "What the hell is this modded vehicle"?:eek: Then I came to know that it was 'STOCK'. Here is a pic of the older Gurkha just to show how good and rugged the vehicle looks:
force-motors-gurkha.jpg

BTW, after looking at the video and Gurkha struggling at some points, it's only me or someone else also noticed that the vehicle needs a fatter rubber. The tyres are the only weakness these vehicles have.

Last edited:

Okay guys, first of all..
I am seeing a GURKHA fanboy under making and the issue is that who will post against Gurkha if the fanboy is a moderator??[;)]

Secondly, If you are impressed by cheap plastic and fake wood, the Gurkha is not the vehicle for you. If you want unrelenting world class performance(off the road and at such low price), you have few options other than the Gurkha.

Then I came to know that it was 'STOCK'.
BTW, after looking at the video and Gurkha struggling at some points, it's only me or someone else also noticed that the vehicle needs a fatter rubber. The tyres are the only weakness these vehicles have.

I am fanboy of everything automotive no wonder you find me on a automotive forum [;)] - "more so if it can do really well what its meant to do". Cmon Vipul you know well that you cant be complaining about interior plastic, fit and finish, paint, gizmos with a Gurkha , do that to the XUV rather - this is an offroader's wet dream of a vehicle. One has to understand this vehicle was built for a certain purpose and this one serves it well.

Now if only our "babus" had inducted this in the army this vehicles popularity would be something else, sigh to our red tape:frown:

Btw i also realised in multiple threads in the forum, the definition of offroad driving is a very subjective one and can vary a lot person to person.

Btw you are right apart from the Stock tyres you hardly need any mods to do offroading with the Gurkha thats why i quite like it - yes just remove the foot rests and the excessive overhanging front bumpers (they wouldnt last 5 mins offroad anyways)

@ Raja, there are many Gurkha videos online, do checkout, but best to experience it in real and that too some good offroad!

Last edited:

Cmon Vipul you know well that you cant be complaining about interior plastic, fit and finish, paint, gizmos with a Gurkha , do that to the XUV rather - this is an offroader's wet dream of a vehicle. One has to understand this vehicle was built for a certain purpose and this one serves it well.
What to complain in Gurkha?
Electronics will fail under 3 feet deep water, leather seats will spoil and same will be with high quality fabric used on door panels. Hence Gurkha is perfect for what it's meant for.
BTW, in the video have you heard them saying:
Thanks to the tough and superbly designed front independent suspension, stabilizing influence of the stable anti roll bars, the speciality differential locks that are provided at front and rear wheels.
The only vehicle which has this thing!![clap]

Now if only our "babus" had inducted this in the army this vehicles popularity would be something else, sigh to our red tape
+100..

Btw i also realised in multiple threads in the forum, the definition of offroad driving is a very subjective one and can vary a lot person to person.
Haha..+100. For some off roading is crushing continent and for some it is going to farms on weekends:tongue:

Btw you are right apart from the Stock tyres you hardly need any mods to do offroading with the Gurkha thats why i quite like it - yes just remove the foot rests and the excessive overhanging front bumpers (they wouldnt last 5 mins offroad anyways)
The bumper seems to overhang a lot, but I guess it isn't that much. But yes, removing it can increase the capabilities of the vehicle but not too much.

@ Raja, there are many Gurkha videos online, do checkout, but best to experience it in real and that too some good offroad!
In case Iron Rock provides a Gurkha for a whole day, kindly call me too.

Spotted one today in Hiranandani, Powai. Looked nothing new, similar to trax with high exhaust from front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom