For Volkswagen Polo Owners: ICE Upgrade for OEM Look

GM88

Canbus canbus canbus!!! That's the answer. I don't know why VW brought out various versions of the Polo/Vento. Some are CANBUS enabled, some aren't. I think the first version (RCD 300) wasn't CANBUS enabled. Then came the RCD 310 which was CANBUS enabled. That's why it was easy for people to swap the RCD 310 for the RCD 510. Direct PnP. Now, the Polo/Vento comes with the RCD 320 which, I read somewhere, isn't CANBUS enabled?! I'm not sure though. The more knowledgeable people can clarify that.
But this CANBUS enabled/not-enabled is what is spoiling the whole show. It would have been so much easier if there was just the CANBUS enabled version.

Regards,
Vipin

PS: The speakers on the old Polo are much better than the ones on the newer ones. I know because I have both [:D]

I have RCD310 in my Vento but wanted to change to Blaukpunkt Philadelphia 835 HU or RCD510.Will change it soon.
It's a simple swap job since you have the RCD 310. But you will need to buy a bluetooth module to make the bluetooth work.
I have the RCD 320 in my Vento so not sure if it's a straight swap. I read in some forums that you need some sort of adapter.

Regards,
Vipin

Thread Starter #79
GM88

Canbus canbus canbus!!! That's the answer. I don't know why VW brought out various versions of the Polo/Vento. Some are CANBUS enabled, some aren't. I think the first version (RCD 300) wasn't CANBUS enabled. Then came the RCD 310 which was CANBUS enabled. That's why it was easy for people to swap the RCD 310 for the RCD 510. Direct PnP. Now, the Polo/Vento comes with the RCD 320 which, I read somewhere, isn't CANBUS enabled?! I'm not sure though. The more knowledgeable people can clarify that.
But this CANBUS enabled/not-enabled is what is spoiling the whole show. It would have been so much easier if there was just the CANBUS enabled version.

Regards,
Vipin

PS: The speakers on the old Polo are much better than the ones on the newer ones. I know because I have both [:D]
Hi vipin
I just did figure out that they very first indian polo used to come with RCD 30 music player which was only cd and radio player.
Now i expect that to be canbus not-enabled , I see some listings on olx.in for RCD 300 which i guess comes with SD card or is it RCD 310 (please correct me if I am wrong) so is the upgrade from RCD 30 to RCD 300 direct pnp.

Hey guys, need a little help of all the ICE Tech gurus here on TAI. I have just installed RCD 320 head unit on my 2012 Polo. This unit is working all fine, just that the background lights on the buttons (Red color) are not glowing. Took my car to VW workshop too and they said that this has different set of connectors and it won't work on my car. Its a little hard to digest as I've seen people upgrading to much higher models like the RCD510, etc on Polo without any troubles. Can anyone please suggest on how I can make these background lights to work. I guess some socket changes have to be done. I'm a complete newbie when it comes to all these techy stuff and any of your help will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Here is the link of the thread where I have written down the exact problem which I am facing with this new head unit along with the photo's. Check the night pic of the head unit.

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...nt-my-candy-white-volkswagen-polo-tdi-28.html
Is your RCD 320 setup completely in POLO. I am in similar situation for resolution

Is your RCD 320 setup completely in POLO. I am in similar situation for resolution
You have to buy a canbus adaptor, either you buy from Ali express or vagtune.in.

All functions such as Ignition ON - HU ON, Ignition OFF - HU OFF, Blue-tooth & back-light all will work after canbus installation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom