For Volkswagen Polo Owners: ICE Upgrade for OEM Look

Re: For all POLO Owners ICE upgrade for OEM Look

how many audio cds to make .. atleast one should have a collection of 200 songs that means 20 audio cds .. where will you keep them [surprise]
One way out is to take a print out of all the audio titles along with numbers and keep them somewhere in door pockets .
Also @toughguy and @rightnow, do you think whether the stock speakers can be replaced without wires cut . I know the stock speakers are revited at four places, how do we open them. I think at some point of time our ICE will go with the series of updates, Speakers followed by HU's or the other way ..my frnd owns fabia and he got skoda dance player, it looks good than ours with a bigger display and displays title name and has aux in , he got the car way back in 2010 and still happy with stock ICE with no updates till now
Hi Poloman,
Read the thread twice as wanted to change my Vento HL TDI's HU with Witson. Regarding display of song name, info etc., please note that it can be shown in OEM stereo display. Polo and Vento are fitted with OEM RCD 310 music system. Display depends upon the TAG info of mp3 file. Most roadside or cheap mp3 cds do not have enough tag details. You can change tag info by MP3 TAG Editor programmes which are available on net as shareware or freeware. I use iPod also, so I need correct tag information. Do it and your problem is solved. Some people complain that some usb sticks are not compitable with VW stereos. Even people at VW dealer do not know why. As a Computer System engineer I found out that the system supports only FAT or FAT32 formatted pendrives. Hope my info will help you. BTW you got the Witson installed?

Thread Starter #33

Hi Poloman,
Read the thread twice as wanted to change my Vento HL TDI's HU with Witson. Regarding display of song name, info etc., please note that it can be shown in OEM stereo display. Polo and Vento are fitted with OEM RCD 310 music system. Display depends upon the TAG info of mp3 file. Most roadside or cheap mp3 cds do not have enough tag details. You can change tag info by MP3 TAG Editor programmes which are available on net as shareware or freeware. I use iPod also, so I need correct tag information. Do it and your problem is solved. Some people complain that some usb sticks are not compitable with VW stereos. Even people at VW dealer do not know why. As a Computer System engineer I found out that the system supports only FAT or FAT32 formatted pendrives. Hope my info will help you. BTW you got the Witson installed?
Thanks for replying ventu .. but only new polo H/L comes with RCD 310 ,, RCD 310 is good system with USB but our old polo HLS came with some old age music systems without the aux/usb . i did update the tag details of mp3 and audio, also tried some original cds.. but it is not made to display the titles,, and yes u are rite many car systems are not able to read NTFS,, even my Sony LED is not able to read the above format . but i tell u.. with FAT32 u wont be able to transfer a file of more than 4 gb ... so even if u get a touch screen HD movies would need some compression .. i still havent got Witson ,, but soon would get it .. as my cousin would be going to china at the end of this year ..

.. i still havent got Witson ,, but soon would get it .. as my cousin would be going to china at the end of this year ..
I hope you get witson soon. How much is the price of unit there in China?
Any updates on your polo's wiper blades?

Thread Starter #35

I hope you get witson soon. How much is the price of unit there in China?
Any updates on your polo's wiper blades?
Exact price I dont know , but if someone procures for u directly then it wud cost anywhere b/w 10- 12k ,, but my cousin wont accept any money from me .. ths s d reason i dnt ask him anything to bring .bt this was a necessity :)

Exact price I dont know, but if someone procures for u directly then it wud cost anywhere b/w 10- 12k
That's a good price poloman. I hope you also get other accessories like bluetooth module etc. with the unit.

I think as compared to china product CASKA is good or you can say best
I have heard that Witson's sound quality is not as good as Caska, but the price difference between Caska and Witson is quite large so the latter seems more economical.

If it happens poloman will be the first to use Witson on TAI, which will help others too[clap].

I use iPod also, so I need correct tag information.
Hi Ventu,
I also have a RCD310 music system on my POLO with the usb cable in the glovebox. Have you been able to connect your ipod to it? I tried but it gave me some error.

Hi Ventu,
I also have a RCD310 music system on my POLO with the usb cable in the glovebox. Have you been able to connect your ipod to it? I tried but it gave me some error.
Hello ,

is it posiable to upgrade my Polo current Stock music system to RCD310 ???

Hello ,

is it posiable to upgrade my Polo current Stock music system to RCD310 ???
You can, but it's a tricky job, and there is a possibility that doing it yourself might void the warranty. So my advice would be to check with your VW dealer for this. If any else has had a different experience, please confirm.

Top Bottom