Fogging of Windshield

Re: Why People Keep their Cars So Littered and Dirty?

I have a question here friends.
My car is not littered or dirty, but since my car's surname is Tata, and it is a matured car now, it has started to give me a new problem.
A mist is formed on the inner side of windshield during monsoons and we normally put on the A.C. Air Demist to clear the heavy mist, which is cleared to a great extent.
But this monsoon I found that the the mist sticks to the inside of windshield and cannot be cleared by air demist, but I need to take a cloth and wipe the windshield a bit hard to really remove the fog. What this trouble might be?
Are there any products available to clean the windshield thoroughly to remove the stains which are not seen in non-rainy seasons?
Swapnil the mist inside windshield is due to the temperature difference inside the cabin and outside atmosphere.
When it rains suddenly one should switch on the AC and set the temperature so that its not so cold.

So either you can use the heater in such case to remove fog, if its cold out there.
Turn the knob to Windshield mode.

Thread Starter #32

@ Swapnil +1 to Mukesh , follow that and it should clear the mist off the inside of the windscreen. And yes glass cleaning products are available in the market and they are really effective!

Swapnil the mist inside windshield is due to the temperature difference inside the cabin and outside atmosphere.
When it rains suddenly one should switch on the AC and set the temperature so that its not so cold.

So either you can use the heater in such case to remove fog, if its cold out there.
Turn the knob to Windshield mode.
But what might be the hard thing on the windshield? It is not visible when the windshield is dry.

What hard thing Swapnil, i didn't get you.[confused]
That is what I am asking [cry]
I need to wipe it with a soft cloth real hard to get a clear view, night driving becomes horrible.
Might not be just the mist being cleared by air-con demist [confused]

That is what I am asking [cry]
I need to wipe it with a soft cloth real hard to get a clear view, night driving becomes horrible.
Might not be just the mist being cleared by air-con demist [confused]
Swapnil can you click the pic and post it here next time when you face the issue.
May be your thermostat needs a replacement if the cooling is too high.

Do you have the option to control the cooling of air?

When all the doors are closed and when you switch on AC, first set it to windshield mode.
Then when the fog is gone, set the air to face mode.
And never clean the fog with a towel or cloth , it worsens a lot in night driving.
Always wipe it with tissue if there is too much fog.

Swapnil can you click the pic and post it here next time when you face the issue.
May be your thermostat needs a replacement if the cooling is too high.

Do you have the option to control the cooling of air?

When all the doors are closed and when you switch on AC, first set it to windshield mode.
Then when the fog is gone, set the air to face mode.
And never clean the fog with a towel or cloth , it worsens a lot in night driving.
Always wipe it with tissue if there is too much fog.

Sorry for the belated reply.
The problem is solved. As it was a weird problem, so was the solution a weird one. I thoroughly cleaned the windshield by Mr Muscle Kitchen cleaner twice, while not driving. Now there is no fogging [clap]

Re: Safety Tips to Drive Foggy Season

Great to note that problem stands resolved but is it a permanent solution ? I think as Mukesh has suggested you should keep tissues or news papers ready to perform such task whenever you face such problem. Kitchen cleaner or colin cleaners are also good if you are cleaning the windscreen on periodic basis.

Re: Safety Tips to Drive Foggy Season

Yes it is permanent, as there was no hard substance on the windscreen which i really had to wipe off with pains, during a rainy drive.

zengetz

Suspended
HELP ! Foggy Windshield !

I was in serious trouble last night after work. It had rained earlier in the evening till about 8:30PM and I left work at 10PM.

My car was parked outside and my front windshield was Misty - Cant see a thing from the outside to inside. I tried my Wiper on and it got even more smudgy (My glass was already clean and i am sure it was not dirty to smudge dust)

I poured a bottle of water and lo ! it was crystal clear.

Now just as i drove out to the main road. The glass got Misty and within a minute I could not see anything. My AC was on too blowing fresh air onto the glass. I had no choice but to pull over and I tried wipers and it did not help. It was a very misty day outside too as it had just rained heavily.

It took me a lot of effort trying to adjust the AC to see if it clears up but of no help what I also notice I inspected the glass and tried to wipe it with my fingers the water stuck.

My Bosch wiper blades are fairly new which I replaced a month ago. The funny thing I noticed of all the cars that passed by me, everyone's windshield was crystal clear except for mine [frustration]

I can understand that its condensation happening on the outside but something is wrong here. Wipers don't wipe it off neither adjusting the AC.

Anyone experienced this and got a best practice for this please ? I dont know what to do !

350Z

Core Team
Threads Merged. Please refer to the previous posts in this thread and I hope you will find the answer. Thanks.

Drive Safe,
350Z

zengetz i too had this problem with my indica v2. after driving for some time the windscreen develops mist on the outside when driving with th ac on in humid condition as here in kerala. initialy the wiper is effective, later the condensation gets so much that i had to stop the car for some time for it to clear and then drive on with the ac off. tata ass rectified it 2 times but it recurred after driving only a few kms from the service centre. finaly i got the reason for it. its because of the ac vents leaking cold air towards the windshield even when the vent towards the windscreen is shut. i got over this problem by borrowing my wifes churidar shawl and placing it on the dash board over the vents directing air towards the windshield when ever it occurs during long drives.

I have a question here friends.
My car is not littered or dirty, but since my car's surname is Tata, and it is a matured car now, it has started to give me a new problem.
A mist is formed on the inner side of windshield during monsoons and we normally put on the A.C. Air Demist to clear the heavy mist, which is cleared to a great extent.
But this monsoon I found that the the mist sticks to the inside of windshield and cannot be cleared by air demist, but I need to take a cloth and wipe the windshield a bit hard to really remove the fog. What this trouble might be?
Are there any products available to clean the windshield thoroughly to remove the stains which are not seen in non-rainy seasons?
Its funny that people start to blame TATA for wind shield fogging also[lol]

zengetz

Suspended
I really tied all combinations last night and it was a scary experience with on coming vehicles in high beam I did not stand a chance.

The problem is that when I user the wiper, the water got wiped but the white mist was stuck there and smudged even more.

I tried the windshield washer and interestingly what happened was the place where the water sprays on the glass is CLEAR. I wipe it and the white mist is back.I'll visit the service center and see if there's something they can help with.

Top Bottom