Fogging of Windshield

Re: Fogging on windshield

To avoid Fog, first turn the left most knob to the last option (left side direction) and turn the right most knob to Red. Then push AC circulation mode to Fresh air mode(to your picture move to right side) and turn the AC ON.
Some times I forgot the sequences and combinations. I will print this and keep in my car. may be couple of times I might need to refer and after that there should n't be a problem.

Misc - Presentation.jpg

Last edited:

I'm confused on this Sethu.
Point 2 says turn on the knob to RED. which means heater is ON
Point 4 says Turn the AC ON.
Will this not effect the complete cooling system?

tried an tested

This is an old method used by hill drivers who face lots of problem with fogging on windshield
1 buy a pouch of mild shampoo
2 pour it all on a piece of wet cloth
3 rub it on the windshield on the inner side ....initially there might be soap bubbles but these dry out within 5 minutes
4 you are good to go for atleast 4 to 5 hours of continuous driving

@Krish
I was mentioning the left most knob [opposite to the Heater/Cold knob] which has five options. Superbad asked me to use the last option, I wanted to make sure that.

@Superbad
I had used that option also, but i don't remember whether I used with air in-flow option as it is mentioned in that picture.
the option is correct. Since the condensation happens when car is in motion better you manage the temperature.
In my scorpio the condensation used to happen on the inside during monsoons.
All i did was coolest temperature setting + highest blower speed+air flow on the windshield. All fog condensation gone within seconds.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
ok just a simple confusion. i was confused reading all of the above.

i usually use AC air when i want to defog the front windshield [confused] and someone said that we should use heater ?

^use whatever clears the fog on the screen.
No rule to be followed there.
All current cars have HVAC not just AC
HVAC = heating ventilation and air conditioning.

Last edited:
Apparently there are quick solutions to fogging up of the interiors

1. Keep some hygroscopic material in the car like silica gel which are known to absorb moisture from the air and keep the air dry. So less moisture means less fogging is the answer or the trick apparently.

2. Clean your glass from inside with something which will not even allow the moisture to stick to the glass which will avoid the fogging bigtime apparently. The video below compares some of the materials used to achieve that and are also used by scuba divers to keep the inside of their diving gear clear for vision!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-IwmwzaHD0

Ideal AC Settings to prevent windshield fogging in winter and during rainy season

Guys,

During the winter season, I usually like to keep my AC off - resulting in a layer of mist that forms on the inside of my windshield. This layer usually disappears when the AC is switched on (heated mode airflow on the windshield) but this raises the temperature inside the cabin making it a little uncomfortable.

How can this situation be avoided??

Also, a similar thing happens during the rainy season when the windshield becomes foggy when the temperature settings are on cold.

Please let me know the ideal setting in both scenarios and any tips to avoid this situation.

Top Bottom