Fogging of Windshield

Re: Why People Keep their Cars So Littered and Dirty?

Its funny that people start to blame TATA for wind shield fogging also[lol]
autosafari the leaking of air from the ac vents occured in my brand new indica v2 and the tata ass couldn't rectify it and they were not willing to replace the dashboard which the sales engineers themselves accepted was the cause of the fogging. it was my first car bought with my own hard earned money .( all the cars that i previously used were my dad's[lol])

i don't know what the tata ass had done. i remember them telling me that they had removed the dash and done this and that etc etc.actualy they couldn't find out the reason for the fogging & it was me who found out the reason.

Last edited:

vikram

Suspended
@ cooldhaya (after reading ur 1st post) : I face similar problem with verna fluidic though it has both front and rear windshield de-foggers. Front one i find of no use. rear one works well. how to use the front one? and what about the other windows (driver and passenger side getting fogged during humid days which totally prevent visibility and view to ORVM) !

as smooth rider has pointed it even i get fogging outside front windshield for indica vista but some how i use the washer intermittently and continue occassionally changing to hot air mode in ac clears it. i find this is a big problem in a humid state like kerala where it rains for atleast 8 months, hope tata comes out with solution

kenlitting try my solution. place some thing over the vent towards the windshield while driving so that cold air that might be leaking through it doesn't cool the windsield leading to water condensing on the windsield.

friends I got an idea from a website, I didnt checked yet!![thumbsdown]
1 Pour 2 ounces of white vinegar in a medium sized bowl.
2 Add 1 quart hot water.
3 Dip a clean, lint-free cloth into mixture.
4 Lightly wring out cloth.
5 Wipe mirrors and the inside of car windshields with cloth.
6 Allow to dry.

Poor Windscreen Visibility When it Rains

I am very much concerned with my Dzire's windscreen. Normally it is very clean and perfectly visible, but once it rains and when i switch on the wiper, the visibility is very disturbing for a few seconds. then it returns back to somewhat normal with the rain covering the glass again. The water on the glass surface is wiped completely by the wiper blades, but this leaves a fungus like effect on the glass immediately after the blades run over.

At times feels like its better to ride with the rain pouring on the glass than to switch on the wiper, coz the former option seems better.

Is there any lotion or home made remedies that I can apply to clean my windscreen do to get rid of this visibility problem.

Thanks

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Poor windscreen visibility when it rains

Just try and pump the liquid filled by the dealer which works better in such situations[clap]
I hope you are switching on the AC and put it in a de-fogging mode

Thanks for the replies.. I shall try these..

i changed the blades some 4 months back, but i was and am facing this problem before and after changing the blades.

I am using the windscreen lotion that my service center had filled during the service.

Even if i pour some water on the windscreen and wipe it off with a cloth i see this fungus like appearance on the windscreen, but as i said this is visible only immediately after wiping the wet glass with my wiper blade or cloth. The view slowly gets better after a few (3-5) seconds.. But when its raining slightly and when you have to switch on the wiper blades with less water (droplets) this happens. On heavy rain (when there is enough water on the glass even after a wiper run), I do not face this problem..

Is it good to clean the glass with vinegar? I just read it over the net.. If so how to? Is there any diluting baselines for the vinegar before applying.

it seems you are not cleaning your wiper blades often. there is dust accumulation on your wiper blades which when combined with the water from rains forms the fungus like substance.

try single stroke gentle cleaning of your blades.

Service Tip: Clean Your Wipers - YouTube

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Is it good to clean the glass with vinegar? I just read it over the net.. If so how to? Is there any diluting baselines for the vinegar before applying.
you don't clean glass with vinegar , you clean wiper rubber blades with vinegar.

I guess the best way is to prevent fogging. As soon as you roll up the windows (while its raining), turn the AC ON & set it to a temperature slightly higher than ambient (i.e., exterior) temperature.

Hey Cooldhaya!

Make sure you turn your AC to Heat Mode!

Then Turn your Air Direction towards Windsheild!

Then Turn your Speed to 4.

This will definitely remove the fogging!

I think you would have forgot to change the direction of the Air to windsheild!

I ditto your remarks .
I had these type of situations few times .
I did the same as you described and it WORKED.

Top Bottom