Flip Key Custom Modification Job

Thread Starter #1
Here is an interesting page i found in FB , thought of sharing it here also because i think many of us are crazy about these flip keys. These people are converting our normal remote locking into flip keys for Rs.2k. I find the offer tempting and VFM!

But the thing is we should courier them the keys of our cars(atleast in my case) , is there any pitfall in this as i am sending my keys to an unknown person else where?

Here is the link:https://www.facebook.com/FlipKeysIndia

Re: Flip key mod job!

Well you are also un-known to him. How is he going to find your car. I don't think there is any problem.

@cooldhaya
Did y get your keys flipped?
What’s the cost and time involved in this process.
Pls post some pic dude.

Flip keys create a lot of interest. The pitfall which i may assume in this case:

1. You provide your address during the courier process (or atleast to get the return keys from them).
2. They have full access to your car now once they are in the visual range (Unless a secure environment).

But, we cannot conculde/ presume these things if someone genuinely does these jobs. My friend also enquired about it and it was the same price.

Think twice before you do it. I would follow suit with you [evil].
Yet another link: http://duplicatekeys.in/

Thread Starter #5

@ Peter Well that's true but what truecitylover has mentioned may happen right? Anyways i am kinda inclined to do this!

@ Powerpacked No buddy i have not done it yet. Just wanted to gather some suggestions from fellow TAI members and friends before doing it , so shared the link here. Cost involved is Rs.1500 per key plus courier charges. Time taken they had mentioned in their page that it will take 20minutes to 2 hours depending on the brand of remote locking which you currently have.

@ Truecitylover Yes that is what worries me , i don't know whether they are genuine and can be trusted. If they had their branch or office at Chennai i would have done it by now dropping by to their office and get it done at my presence.

So i am going to be test data huh!![lol]

I know few guys who have done this. Quality is really good. Costs around 1.5k.

Send them the key and they will convert it. We will have to program it. Possible for OEM suzuki remote key also.

I also contacted them for my i10. Unfortunately I got a Nippon remote which is too big and they can't do it for me.

Thread Starter #8

I know few guys who have done this. Quality is really good. Costs around 1.5k.

Send them the key and they will convert it. We will have to program it. Possible for OEM suzuki remote key also.

Oh so we will have to program it again huh? How should i do that? Who will do that for me?

@CD - They will provide the instructions or will call us up to walk us through. It's easy and can be done under 5 min. This is what my friends have told.

Thread Starter #10

Thanks for the info Naveen![thumbsup] I will mail them first and ask whether this job can be done on my existing remote. I see in their wall that they cannot be done on few remotes due to some reasons.

One can use friend’s address for courier communication purpose.
To eliminate worries take a help of friend from nearby city and courier them the keys. Once you get back @ friends address collect it from him.

Thread Starter #13

@ Mastersquall I think so , but keeping fingers crossed and hoping to get a positive reply from them else my fate will be same like Peter's![frustration]

@ Powerpacked Now that's a great suggestion , will keep it in mind!

Thread Starter #15

Mailed them the picture of my key and i got a positive reply , this job can be done in my remote! I am very much interested in getting this done!

Top Bottom