Flip Key Custom Modification Job

Re: Flip key mod job!

So i am going to be test data huh!![lol]
I would not doubt it!!! he he.

Send them the key and they will convert it. We will have to program it. Possible for OEM suzuki remote key also.
Any possibility of the pitfalls that i have mentioned?

One can use friend’s address for courier communication purpose.
To eliminate worries take a help of friend from nearby city and courier them the keys. Once you get back @ friends address collect it from him.
Thats a good and valid suggestion [clap].

What's the durability of the form-factor of these flip keys? Any feedback, do they look like original or cheap plastic?

Also is there any same vendor near NOIDA area?

@ Manu,

Good questions, since you are nearer to them. Drop a message on mention something on there wall. Probably they would confirm. [:)]

@ Dhaya,

Man you are really crazy for these flip keys.[clap] I do not see rocket science in it and seriously would be on the back foot if the same is not happening in South india. My sincere advice would be explore near by and then come to a conclusion. They cannot come all the way from Kapurthala (Punjab) to Chennai to harm you so rest assured but what if something goes wrong with the key then !! Would you be sending it again to them to correct it ?

Think !

Thread Starter #20

@ Manu They mailed me the picture of the type of flip key which i will be getting , looked decent not cheap. There were some models which were cheap but the one which i will be getting looked good enough. Visit their Facebook page to get an idea.

@ Shailinder I just love the keys just the same way i love Sunroofs and automatic folding mirrors , all are show-off! They give warranty for 6 months for the key. Definitely a risk no doubt but i somehow feel its worth taking. And i seriously hope nothing goes wrong with those keys![lol]

Thread Starter #22
Re: Flip Key Mod Job!

I am not finding time to courier the keys.

Though i did some search online and these Harrison guys i have mentioned are really good and professional with their work. Saw their work in another forum done by many owners and everybody was satisfied with the job. Some of the owners have done it even an year back and they said they never had any issue with the keys.

This has given me more confidence , i am getting this done surely. Will try to courier the keys this week atleast!

EDIT: Also came to know for DIY experts this is a cakewalk! All you have to do is buy the flip key shell at ebay and incorporate the board inside the remote lock inside the flip key. Read that the job will take hardly 20 minutes!

EDIT: Also came to know for DIY experts this is a cakewalk! All you have to do is buy the flip key shell at ebay and incorporate the board inside the remote lock inside the flip key. Read that the job will take hardly 20 minutes!
Ahhh ! Well Dhaya if it is that simple, why cannot anyone in Tamilnadu forget Chennai for some time not going it [confused] I am sure you are not the only one there and would be others also in love with flip keys so there has to someone somewhere near to you. Have you explored all the possibility there. (I know you must have but just wanted to confirm [:)]).

350Z

Core Team

Ahem ! Im Sorry but whats a flip key all about ? never heard of it
Hi RPM2500, Welcome to The Automotive India. Flip key is the one which comes with High-End cars, as shown in the picture below.

24991d1265958726-can-you-install-lexus-anyone-elses-key-fob-system-toyota-4runner-audi-key-fob.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #27

Ahhh ! Well Dhaya if it is that simple, why cannot anyone in Tamilnadu forget Chennai for some time not going it [confused] I am sure you are not the only one there and would be others also in love with flip keys so there has to someone somewhere near to you. Have you explored all the possibility there. (I know you must have but just wanted to confirm [:)]).

I searched online for a few hours and most of them who have done this flip key mod job in other forums have done it either from those people or DIY. The problem is not many are so passionate about this flip key here , i enquired few shops but they have no idea!

I searched online for a few hours and most of them who have done this flip key mod job in other forums have done it either from those people or DIY. The problem is not many are so passionate about this flip key here , i enquired few shops but they have no idea!
That is really strange to note [thinking].

Because what I see Chennai as full of car freaks with different types of mod and colours. Every time I go out on street, I see something different there. So it is kind of difficult to digest.

All the best man, I am sure you will give the good news in few weeks time. [lol]

Top Bottom