Fixing of HKS Hi Power Exhaust for Swift VXi - 2012

Thread Starter #1
Dear Gurus,
Greetings to all Experts in Town. I would like to know whether it possible to Fix the HKS Hi Power Exhaust System to my Swift Vxi - 2012. Is there any problem if i do the same - I mean would it harm the Engine! I love the HKS Exhaust Hi Power exhaust Note! I was wondering where can i procure the same in India. Any dealers in India? How much will it cost. my friends told me that even the Air Intake has to be chAnged to K&N. How much will it cost.
If i procure the Materials from Outside and bring to India, does it needs some sort of experts to fix the same. I am totally new to this field of Performance and all! I stay in Mangalore. I doubt whether here in Mangalore, there are guys who know abt these type of System?
There is one more Brand Apexi N1 Exhaust. How is it? has any one fixed these systems to ur ride. Does the Fuel Economy be affected with these system install?

Thanks for your Time Guys! and do have a Nice Day! [cheers]

SAM9088

Attachments

Last edited:
If the exhaust has been designed for the Swift then you can fit it. Otherwise it is a nightmare. The exhaust routing has to be precise or the exhaust will hit the body, which results in nothing than rattling. Apart from it the exhaust needs to be correct in size or you will lose performance.

Regarding K&N. forget it. A panel filter will cost far too much for littler gain. The K&N57is do lose performance and so do the Apollos. The Typhoons are giving an improvement but are way over prized for it. There is much better solutions on the market.

+1 to that. Rather go for a Remus exhaust. Remus have one designed specifically for the Swift and it's a simple bolt-on job. Contact :

Email : info@carpowergrid.com
Phone : 91-80-22217879 / 22273939 (ask for B. Ramesh)

Thread Starter #4
If the exhaust has been designed for the Swift then you can fit it. Otherwise it is a nightmare. The exhaust routing has to be precise or the exhaust will hit the body, which results in nothing than rattling. Apart from it the exhaust needs to be correct in size or you will lose performance.

Regarding K&N. forget it. A panel filter will cost far too much for littler gain. The K&N57is do lose performance and so do the Apollos. The Typhoons are giving an improvement but are way over prized for it. There is much better solutions on the market.
Hello Drifter,
Greetings! Thanks Bro for your expertise in the subject. But you did mention about some other solutions available in the Market! Could you kindly elaborate on that Buddy! Really, i see almost everybody changing their Filters to K&N and they have a big smile on their faces! They even tell me, look at the Sticker (K&N) and stuff like that! He He He. Trust me they are all Amateurs just like me! but they DO GET A CHANGE IN ENGINE SOUND!
Buddy, some guys tell me not to change the Exhaust System for a new car because it will load the Engine it seems. THEY STRICTLY FORBID changing the Exhaust System. Is it true????? Please forgive me to ask such silly questions! I am just a Rookie on this subject!

Cheers Dude [cheers] & Awaiting your earliest reply.

SAM9088 & CHRISTINA

Thread Starter #5
+1 to that. Rather go for a Remus exhaust. Remus have one designed specifically for the Swift and it's a simple bolt-on job. Contact :

Email : info@carpowergrid.com
Phone : 91-80-22217879 / 22273939 (ask for B. Ramesh)
to the number you had
Hello Sam,
Greetings for the day Buddy! We are both SAM huh! Its a pleasure. Bro, is it true that we should not change the exhaust System of a New Car? I will be getting the delivery of my Swift Vxi - 2012 by 10th of this Month. Is it advisable to change.
I will call Mr. B. Ramesh you had sent me by tommorow and ask him a quote. Thanks for your precious expert advise Bro. appreciate it.

CHEERS [cheers] Bro!

SAM9088 & CHRISTINA!

to the number you had
Hello Sam,
Greetings for the day Buddy! We are both SAM huh! Its a pleasure. Bro, is it true that we should not change the exhaust System of a New Car? I will be getting the delivery of my Swift Vxi - 2012 by 10th of this Month. Is it advisable to change.
I will call Mr. B. Ramesh you had sent me by tommorow and ask him a quote. Thanks for your precious expert advise Bro. appreciate it.

CHEERS [cheers] Bro!

SAM9088 & CHRISTINA!
Exhaust system is a critical component of any automobile. To the uninitiated, it might just look like a pipe designed to expel exhaust gases out of the engine but actually it's a highly complex piece of design that is tested under several permutations/combination to arrive at the optimal solution for a given engine application. Scavenging of the gases, temperature of the catalytic converter, movement of sound waves inside the muffler, etc are some considerations that the manufacturers take into account while fitting a particular type of exhaust to a car. Fitting a wrong exhaust can have drastic consequences on a engine - it may affect the engine back pressure, chew up the valves/head gasket and may completely destroy an engine in the long run. That is why any change in the stock exhaust system must be done by an expert. There are companies like Remus that have done their bit of research on some cars and have accordingly launched exhaust systems for those cars and hence it is always better to stick to these tried and tested systems. If you change your exhaust, it will certainly void your warranty. So you must do it only after your Swift comes out of the warranty period. My personal advice is: don't do it and enjoy the car in it's stock form.

As a thumb rule, please always remember that any increase in performance would definitely have some adverse effect-however little or big- on any automobile in the long run.

Last edited:
I am not sure where would you get that from India . I bought for mine for about 1100 dollars.

Its called HKS Super Draggar Exhaust (3" Exhaust pipe ) , yes it was bolt on and a cat back system.
HKS , JASMA etc are good exhaust brands. They have very nice sound (not too loud) and remains legal.

Where as the other brands am not sure they might be louder for the environment you don't want that to happen do you?

I currently have a JASMA Full exhaust system from Exhaust manifold to the back.

I'll post the videos once I reach home.

Hello Drifter,
Greetings! Thanks Bro for your expertise in the subject. But you did mention about some other solutions available in the Market! Could you kindly elaborate on that Buddy! Really, i see almost everybody changing their Filters to K&N and they have a big smile on their faces! They even tell me, look at the Sticker (K&N) and stuff like that! He He He. Trust me they are all Amateurs just like me! but they DO GET A CHANGE IN ENGINE SOUND!
Buddy, some guys tell me not to change the Exhaust System for a new car because it will load the Engine it seems. THEY STRICTLY FORBID changing the Exhaust System. Is it true????? Please forgive me to ask such silly questions! I am just a Rookie on this subject!

Cheers Dude [cheers] & Awaiting your earliest reply.

SAM9088 & CHRISTINA
Hello Sam,

first rule in performance tuning is:

Do not touch the car before you have done 3,000kms when it is new!

You have to make sure that all components are up to scratch. Within the period of 3,000kms weak or faulty parts usually show the signs.

The guys who tell you this are overly cautious, but obviously are lost themselves. You can do damage to the engine with the wrong exhaust, but this only happens when people bodge things very very badly.

Usually either you lose performance or end up with a boomy and/or far too loud exhaust.

As usually the rear silencers are the weakest link in the system other than the manifold with the integrated cat, I would change the back box only because of cost.

To improve the manifold it is needed to place the cat in the collector pipe, which means that the lambda sensor wires need extending or replacing by sensors with longer wires. Apart from it the manifold is the most critical part of the exhaust to be made to a high level of precision.

Regarding the air intake. I prefer Apexi over K&N. T7 is coming up with a solution soon.

Also you should then look into re-map.

Alright this is my ols skyline's exhaust

HKS Super Draggor (3" Exhaust pipe) cat back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoYNYjrE8Ws

and this is my current tuned skyline's exhaust, its a Jasma Full Catback exhaust system 3" Pipe with Jasma Muffler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_zjXlxGIkA

PS: Its having one sticky injector issue thats why you see smoke and miss fires. Its more like a Race car ( 350 horses @ 14 psi boost)

Top Bottom