Fixing Aftermarket Tachometer on Ritz LXi

Is anyone experience in installing Tachometer on Suzuki Ignis base varient, if so kindly share from where RPM signal is tap.

Regards.

Can any one please help me out with photos of Ritz tachometer mounting in dashboard

Hai once again today fixed the tacho in the panel. pictures for your reference.

This is hole saw drilling bit use this to drill the hole for perfect fix of tacho oval shape.

File the shape with saw file and installation very easy to fix once this done.

screw with the bracket provide with OEM.

Final finish.

Could you please help me with your number please

Hi guys, I am new to this forum. I just inherited a 2010 Ritz LXi Silky Silver from my sister. It is my first car. I wanted to buy a Nexon EV as my first car, but a close friend who owns one told me to avoid EVs for at least 3-4 years due to range problem. So my sister told me to use her car for couple of years. Now coming to the Ritz, it is a brilliant little car. Even though it is more than a decade old, it runs like new. So, I have decided to drive it for a couple of years.
Since it is LXi, it has none of the creature comforts like power windows etc. I was searching for ways top fit power windows to my car and stumbled upon this thread. This is exactly what I was looking for. Now I want to turn my Ritz LXi into VXi. I have decided to fit tachometer and power windows. It has Maruti Nippon central locking fitted as an accessory, but it is not working currently. I will rectify that later on.

Thanks to this wonderful forum, installing tachometer seems to be an easy affair for me now.

Here is what I have planned to do for power windows.

I will order front doorpads, door wiring kit, power window switches and regulators of Ritz VXi. I will install front two power windows initially. If everything works smoothly, later on I will do the same for rear windows.
I have some doubts about wiring. Do I need to replace the floor wiring kit also? And if I install floor wiring kit from VXi or ZXi, will it connector in the new wiring kit connect to the LXi BCM without any modification? Or do I need to change the BCM also?

Or can I get power directly from a blank fuse to the power window switch? I know I have to do wiring from fuse box to all four windows, but it will work out cheaper for me.

Thank you again for this wonderful thread, especially to kannan.cnkr

Most probably you will not get wiring original harness because when you order you need to specify chassis no. if you buy VXi harness some couplers may be different. BCM change is not easy task and it is costly. You need to reprogram ECM. 11 year old car I hope these spare will be difficult.

Most probably you will not get wiring original harness because when you order you need to specify chassis no. if you buy VXi harness some couplers may be different. BCM change is not easy task and it is costly. You need to reprogram ECM. 11 year old car I hope these spare will be difficult.
Thank you for the reply. I have checked in Boodmo, all spares are available. VXi floor wiring harness may have different couplers, that's why I wanted to confirm before buying harness. I just wanted to know whether I can directly connect the main power window switch from a blank fuse.

Thank you for the reply. I have checked in Boodmo, all spares are available. VXi floor wiring harness may have different couplers, that's why I wanted to confirm before buying harness. I just wanted to know whether I can directly connect the main power window switch from a blank fuse.
Boodmo is not Suzuki Genuine distributor for spare parts. Can not comment on their parts. Better consult experienced auto electrician.

deville_56

Honoured Member
Not as complicated. You gotta find a good technician as mentioned above. Installed front power windows on old Alto K10 by Maruti dealer themselves with VXi parts and cost was around 7000, CMs untouched. Alto doesn't require door pad replacement. Ritz door pad is like 2k for front and 1.4k for rear.

After market kits are also available at most accessory shops. Installation DIY is somewhere in our forum itself, I believe. Downside is switch looks odd and out of place, most of the time installed to cover the hole for the manual winder.

BTB, Boodmo sells genuine parts only unless specifically mentioned after market and brand name. I've bought both MGP and SGP parts from them.

Some time back Suzuki Genuine spare parts dealers displayed genuine vs fake spares exactly looking same with perfect Suzuki packing in their premises. Unless spares brought from genuine distributor cant guarantee authenticity. This is not my view its manufacturer view.

deville_56

Honoured Member
Not all genuine looking parts are fake. Boodmo is like an online platform where almost all OE suppliers are involved. If they openly sell fake parts, then these OEs would have pulled their plugs long back. Their inventory even contains no-one-ever-bother-to-buy-child-parts as well. I don't think any faker would bother to go in such detail [lol].

Last edited:
OE VS OE approved and packed by manufacturer is different. So many things involved in it sometimes OE spares will not fall into +/- 5% standard deviation curve. They come out as spares. Anyway its individual choice to trust or not to trust.

deville_56

Honoured Member
All I got were OE parts in OE package with hologram, same as sold over Authorised spare counter, MGP, SGP, Hyundai-Mobis, Chevy GP, Tata GP, etc. Going far away from topic.

Coming to the topic, in most of the cars, driver side master switch has the controller for the whole power window system and the job of the BCM is just to provide accessory connection (in a non-CANBUS cars). All other door switches connects to this master control. Ritz got individual door harnesses as well. A good electrician can dissect the harnesses and combine and make an individual standalone harness, eliminating the need for replacing the main harness or unnecessarily screwing up other parts. Being a Maruti sourcing parts and mating them is like cake walk for an experienced guy.

Last edited:

Top Bottom