Fixing Aftermarket Tachometer on Ritz LXi

Thread Starter #256
Guys,

I have finally got hold of the Tachometers I intend to add in my Friends cars. I need to get the connections right now.

Ritz Tacho that I have bought to install in a 2004 WagonR LXi
View attachment 191613

A-Star Tacho that I have bought to install in a 2009 Alto LXi
View attachment 191614

The 4-pin male - female connector to make the connections. I have 10 of these sets.
View attachment 191615

Need an understanding to proceed with the connections. What Kannan has post in Page 8 is a bit confusing so will go through again. Hope to do the D.I.Y soon.
Hai anuraagshenoy,

First of all congrats for your purchase,

May i know which part is confusing you so that i shall re- sketch it and post you in detail?

Hai anuraagshenoy,

First of all congrats for your purchase,

May i know which part is confusing you so that i shall re- sketch it and post you in detail?
Why is there a need for relay in this circuit?

Can I know the importance and what if the relay isn't added? Any issues in functionality of tachometer if relay isn't added?

Thread Starter #258
Why is there a need for relay in this circuit?

Can I know the importance and what if the relay isn't added? Any issues in functionality of tachometer if relay isn't added?
i have faced a issue in the tacho meter backlight circuit as the -ve trigger for back light when i switch on the head light the tacho back light should on.

But in this case parking light trigger the +ve volt so when the parking switch is on my Tacho pod back light goes off when switch of the parking light then the tacho pod back light get's on.

So to fix this issue i have used a relay circuit to trigger the -Ve volt from the relay.

I have taken the positive and negative volt from the flasher switch as you can see this in my post 8.
---when relay is on -Ve volt will be supplied to the Tacho pod to back light illumination on.
---When relay is off no volt will be triggered to the Tacho pod so the back light is off.

Hope you get my point......[:D]

Thread Starter #260
If you don't mind can you explain how do I connect the relay to this whole circuit?

I am currently stuck in the same condition. What is the relay that I should buy?
It's a normal 12v relay with NO(Normal open) and NC(Normal connect) that it.

Relay must be powered(12v and -GND) by parking light link any where illumination is found in dashboard.
Normally open circuit to be used GND(Ground) one end and other end to illumination to Tacho meter.
As i mentioned earlier when you switch on the parking light relay is on backlight tacho will glow verse vise........ [:D]

If you don't mind can you explain how do I connect the relay to this whole circuit?

I am currently stuck in the same condition. What is the relay that I should buy?
It's a normal 12v relay with NO(Normal open) and NC(Normal connect) that it.

Relay must be powered(12v and -GND) by parking light link any where illumination is found in dashboard.
Normally open circuit to be used GND(Ground) one end and other end to illumination to Tacho meter.
As i mentioned earlier when you switch on the parking light relay is on backlight tacho will glow verse vise........ [:D]
Sorry for the trouble but do you have any clear schematic diagram to connect the relay to the male female connector?

Friends, can you tell what amount of petrol remains in Ritz tank when when last strip appeares on fuel gauge?

Last edited:
when the last strip start's blinking then there is approximate 3 to 4litre petrol in the tank for reserve. by which you can easily travel approximate 60 kms
so if the last one is not blinking there would be more than 5 litre for sure

Thread Starter #268
Hello Guys,

Small update in my car, Its been 6years gone and still my Ritzzzz looks so young Tall Boy.
Car tyres were became harder due to the age of it, so decided to replace them with best in market.

Also had an idea of replacing the Steel rim to Alloys.so was searching of Alloys and Tyre's.

In my mind i fix up not going for aftermarket alloys as i fear of air crack happens in most of them becoz of Chinese import wheels.

I have chosen the Maruti OEM alloys of swift dizire 2016 model motion theme alloys which was looking good costed 26K (set of 4).

Tyre's i had two options,
Bridge stone
Michelin

Many of the shopkeepers keep on say don't go michelin its very soft not fit for Chennai roads but near buy shop owner who explained me very well on the different types and its uses.

Without thinking i have directly chosen the Michelin R15 185/65 88H with package of 22k (set of 4) and installation was neat and very professional way.

I have till now driven 1800 KM which included (1200KM Ooty with hill drive) Excellent tyres and what comfort & grip[:D] in wet roads each and every penny speaks for the quality of the Tyres.[clap]

Attachments

Why four wheels,not five? You must require another if any one of the four get puncture.What are the riding effects of your aged erstwhile factory fitted J.K Tornado tyres ?Mine is nearing 5th year.My car mainly ply within city and I feel it a bit bumpy. Since I drive too cautiously I never feel the loss of grip.By the by, can you suggest a good battery for my Ritz Vxi?

Thread Starter #270
Why four wheels,not five? You must require another if any one of the four get puncture.What are the riding effects of your aged erstwhile factory fitted J.K Tornado tyres ?Mine is nearing 5th year.My car mainly ply within city and I feel it a bit bumpy. Since I drive too cautiously I never feel the loss of grip.By the by, can you suggest a good battery for my Ritz Vxi?
Why five? I think 5 won't be good idea becoz in my past 6yrs exp i never ever used my spare wheel as i used to care lot on the car tyres and roads i prefer to drive.
Also i have 14" spare wheel for emergency stepney needed case.

The ride comfort ness increased and very stable in the highway even triple digit speed.Braking effort is very less to reduce from triple digit speed and confident to stop the car at any point of speed.Main advantages of Michelin in 90% road noise is arrested and very quiet & smooth ride compared to JK which gives always road rolling noise.

There is no drop in mileage same 20KMPL in highway and city 15KMPL.

I would prefer to go for Amaron battery i have been using it for past 2 years and battery is very efficient & cranking power too good.Hassle free 5year warranty you can find it in below link Amaron AAM-PR-00050B20R where i brought it....

Amaron AAM-PR-00050B20R Car Battery at Best Price, Buy Amaron AAM-PR-00050B20R Online

Last edited:

Top Bottom