Fixing Aftermarket Tachometer on Ritz LXi

Thread Starter #241
Hello Sir, I am looking at doing the same for my friends WagonR LXi (2004 model) and Alto LXi (2009 model) 800cc one.

I am planning to go the male-female connector route so can I know how to connect them properly?

I have gone through your earlier posts where you have put the pictures but it went over my head. Any simpler solution please?
Hai welcome to TAI's group

Step 1
Its not that much complicated as you need to connect the tacho meter -ve and +ve to the Acc or battery source to any +ve connector and simple ground the -ve to body of the car chassis any where.

Step 2
two important connection is tacho signal which you can take from PSW module all maruti car are having the similar module so pin 12(Brown) is the tacho signal wire for sure.

As the backlight signal tiggered via -ve volt you need a relay to correct it.
Buy a normal 12v relay 15 to 20 rs one.

Connect the +ve and -ve to the any interior lighting point.Concept is if you on the interior light relay is on and back light also on else in off position that's it.

Hope you get my point!!!![:D][:D]

Thanks you once Again!!!!

Let me know if you need any further help in your Modification[:)]
i checked today i found that two or three wires are of diff colors rest are the same
little confusion with pin no 12 color i have clicked clear pics please check and guide me

Attachments

Thread Starter #243
i checked today i found that two or three wires are of diff colors rest are the same
little confusion with pin no 12 color i have clicked clear pics please check and guide me
The pin no 12 is RPM signal it damn sure you can proceed with the tacho.

Also note i have upgraded the car to LXI to VXI with BCM other stuff's so i have wiring and connector with me after disconnecting the wiring kit.

If anyone need that wiring and connector relay they can take it or i will courier you if you bare the POD(Pay on delivery) courier.PM your details so that i will send you.

Attachments

The pin no 12 is RPM signal it damn sure you can proceed with the tacho.

Also note i have upgraded the car to LXI to VXI with BCM other stuff's so i have wiring and connector with me after disconnecting the wiring kit.

If anyone need that wiring and connector relay they can take it or i will courier you if you bare the POD(Pay on delivery) courier.PM your details so that i will send you.
is they are usefull in tacho??
i have done interior lightning few weeks back so some of the wires i have only need to buy relay
today i called in mgp in my area and they told me that tachometer will be delieved in 10 days

interior lights

Attachments

Thread Starter #245
is they are usefull in tacho??
i have done interior lightning few weeks back so some of the wires i have only need to buy relay
today i called in mgp in my area and they told me that tachometer will be delieved in 10 days
if you have it then good no issues then proceed with connection thats it. i have done with amber interior to match the dashboard lighting.

if you have it then good no issues then proceed with connection thats it. i have done with amber interior to match the dashboard lighting.
thanks kannan hope you dont mind
once i received the tachometer i need your help. i will send you pics of connection made according to your previous posts[:)]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #250
Hi Kannan,

Is it possible to fix the faceliftted bumpers and bonnet in the old ritz

Regards,
Kavin
yes it is possible but that will cost you much.

As you have to replace new bumper which will be given default as black fiber one so you need to spend 5k to paint it then bonnet also need to be painted its will also come around min 4k.

This cost you much and small modification in the bonnet lock system.

Additional work,
Fog lamp assembly need to be replaced as new one comes with Y shaped fitting
Fog lamp caps,
Lower and upper grill need to be replaced.

If you are ok with this then proceed with modification.[:D][:D]

excited and little bit nervous that it will work or not..
i have ordered with brackets but they told me that brackets will be available till Wednesday
will try installation from Monday because of exam tomorrow.[:D]

Thread Starter #253
excited and little bit nervous that it will work or not..
i have ordered with brackets but they told me that brackets will be available till Wednesday
will try installation from Monday because of exam tomorrow.[:D]
Finally got your tachometer. waiting for you successfully completion of your DIY.

Go head All the Best[:D][:D]

Guys,

I have finally got hold of the Tachometers I intend to add in my Friends cars. I need to get the connections right now.

Ritz Tacho that I have bought to install in a 2004 WagonR LXi
IMG_20160102_181432-horz.jpg

A-Star Tacho that I have bought to install in a 2009 Alto LXi
IMG-20151229-WA0006-horz.jpg

The 4-pin male - female connector to make the connections. I have 10 of these sets.
IMG_20160127_075838.jpg

Need an understanding to proceed with the connections. What Kannan has post in Page 8 is a bit confusing so will go through again. Hope to do the D.I.Y soon.

Last edited:

Top Bottom