Fixing Aftermarket Tachometer on Ritz LXi

Thread Starter #226
Kanan, can you post a pic of that day night mirror (switch type), from the new face lifted ritz.
Have you used it in your car? Is it direct fit?
Any help on part number will be appreciated.
Hai Sumit

As request here the part no and view in my car.

Its very easy to change the mirror as only two screw are there if you remove the cap at the top just 10 min work that it you do it DIY.

Sorry i can't show you the highway night view!!!!!

Attachments

Thread Starter #227
Hi everyone. Thanks for all the help I have received so far. All is working, except, I don't think the tachometer is accurate. Idles at 500RPM and tops out at +/- 4000RPM. I connected it up as was advised to the PSW module, brown wire. Is there is something I am doing wrong? I will post pics later of what I have done.
It may vary car to car as we are using a analog tacho pod so that will no be that much accurate.

I have fixed to know whether the engine is on or off as many time i started engine which is already on.I have petrol head and it super silent sometimes i can't hear the engine sound inside the cabin.

The tachometer I fitted is an original Suzuki Alto part. So I'm thinking it should be compatible with my car. Just can't find any information where the original wiring is on the model with a tachometer.

Trying to attach the images of tachometer.

Attachments

Actually Ritz Vdi is top variant in diesel segment for long. I don't know whether Ritz Zdi is available, but I did not notice Zdi on road. Zxi is also seen few. We petrol car owners wanted to keep investment on car to moderate range because fuel cost is too high.[;)]
Ritz Zdi is available but dealers donot want to sell it. Also Zxi does not not come with a 'laminated' IRVM any more. It has the normal lever one.

Thread Starter #231
Can anyone help me my battery is keep on draining if my key less entry module is fixed in my car just one week refuse to start.
i have removed my key less entry from my car now the battery is in charged condition after 10 days too.

what maybe the issue in the key less entry. also this module is brand new and its working perfectly.

Please advice me what shall i do in this case?

i don't know whether this module has shock sensor in it and working or not, its active or De-active state i can't identify it.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #232
Hello to all,

Finally traced out the issue. the culprit was the battery.

Yesterday i have replaced the battery via batterybhai,com and the experience was great with doorstep delivery.

I have ordered the battery at 12:30pm and i got the call from Chennai dealer at 1pm for appointment but i asked for fresh battery within 6mnth stock.
he called me back within 5 mins and told 06/2015 ok for you.i told its fine the batterybhai guy came at 3pm sharp and replaced it then stamped the warranty card and told if you face any issue please call us.

I paid totally 3600 inclusive of tax that was a great deal as local battery dealer quoted me 4150 for the same battery which was 02/2015 stock.

A special thanks to Dr MUDHAN who has cleared all my queries regarding battery.

Now my ritzzzz cranking power is ultimate and fully satisfied with battery quality.

Attachments

Remove this gear box cover to access the PSW module.
hii kannan.cnkr i have read your full thread and its really awsum no other threads do these modifications.
can u help me? i have a ritz ldi and i want u fix a tachometrer in it as per your pics and instruction i have reached to the PSW module under the gear box..i will send you pics of my PSW module
waiting for your reply[:)]

Thread Starter #237
thanx bro
you connect these wires by slicing??
No i didn't slice any of my car wiring kit cables till now all are done as plug and play

Don't sleeve much as i have take much sleeve for this because the parking light connector was tight so slice limited way that inserted in the pin not the outer side of the body.

If your car is old one and not confident to do just go with slicing and wrap with plaster securely.

Attachments

No i didn't slice any of my car wiring kit cables till now all are done as plug and play

Don't sleeve much as i have take much sleeve for this because the parking light connector was tight so slice limited way that inserted in the pin not the outer side of the body.

If your car is old one and not confident to do just go with slicing and wrap with plaster securely.
thanks for your support will try both the ways

before starting this procedure i will contact you with clear pic of the connector which carries tacho signal

i want to confirm that it carries that wire then i will order the tachometer

i visited approx 10 times in last two days on your thread because you had done awesome modifications[clap][clap][:D]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #239
thanks for your support will try both the ways
before starting this procedure i will contact you with clear pic of the connector which carrys tacho signal
i want to confirm that it carrys that wire then i will order the tachometer
i visited approx 10 times in last two days on your thread because u had done awsum modifications[clap][clap][:D]
Thanks you once Again!!!!

Let me know if you need any further help in your Modification[:)]

Thanks you once Again!!!!

Let me know if you need any further help in your Modification
Hello Sir, I am looking at doing the same for my friends WagonR LXi (2004 model) and Alto LXi (2009 model) 800cc one.

I am planning to go the male-female connector route so can I know how to connect them properly?

I have gone through your earlier posts where you have put the pictures but it went over my head. Any simpler solution please?

Top Bottom