Fixing Aftermarket Tachometer on Ritz LXi

please find the Ritz tachometer fixed in my Swift LDI
Can you please post some pictures of the same...???
One of my friend is also looking install a tachometer in his swift LDI.
other members are also requested to post pictures of swift LDI with tachometer if they have.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #213
Can you please post some pictures of the same...???
One of my friend is also looking install a tachometer in his swift LDI.
other members are also requested to post pictures of swift LDI with tachometer if they have.
you can go through my thread to get the step by step process i have explained for one of
TAI's.[:)]

Hi Kannan,

I am late to this thread but I glad to see the modification done in your car! Heavy and Great. keep going, BTW please tell me what is the use for the BCM and why did you changed instrument cluster? Thank you!

Thread Starter #216
sir are you fixing the rear wiper ? sir you can swap the zxi or zdi rear wind screen and then fix the wiper assembly there [:D]
Devil Glass change will cost me extra 3 to 4k for me and also it can't be done as DIY as glass changing process is complex one.

So switching to another glass is out of my view.plan to drill the glass so preparing to take all required precautions and tool's by analyzing it.[roll]

Hi Kannan,

I am late to this thread but I glad to see the modification done in your car! Heavy and Great. keep going, BTW please tell me what is the use for the BCM and why did you changed instrument cluster? Thank you!
BCM plays many role in our car as many features is missing compared with Lower variants. i have marked all the features i have added to my car in green highlighted one

Only the rear wiper and washer is pending, i'm working on it[;)]

Attachments

Please explain the differences in ordinary IRVM & Day Night IRVM. I drive very few occasions in night. How much is the cost of installing a Day Night IRVM?

Lxi amd vxi comes with normal mirrors whereas zxi comes with laminated mirror without switch, which does the job at night, but not much effectively. I am also looking out for options of switch type mirrors. Someone said swift's mirror (with switch), is a direct fit to ritz, but i am not sure.
Will try it in some time. If anyone tries it or have any info about it, please share.

Please explain the differences in ordinary IRVM & Day Night IRVM. I drive very few occasions in night. How much is the cost of installing a Day Night IRVM?
When you drive at night with normal mirrors, the light from the car or truck behind you reflects from the irvm and hits your eyes resulting in discomfort. Now, what that day night mirror does, when you put it on night mode, that it minimises the reflection from the mirror. The mirror will act like a mirror but won't reflect the light.
The switch type irvm has a switch on it to set day or night mode.
There is one more laminated type mirror (ritz zxi old); which has a lamination on it, which reduces the light reflection (no switch in it). This one does the job but not that effectively as the switch type does.

The switch type mirrors should cost you maximum 450-500.

Lxi amd vxi comes with normal mirrors whereas zxi comes with laminated mirror without switch, which does the job at night, but not much effectively. I am also looking out for options of switch type mirrors. Someone said swift's mirror (with switch), is a direct fit to ritz, but i am not sure.
Will try it in some time. If anyone tries it or have any info about it, please share.
Ehhh...

Didn't know that , but my Ritz VDI comes with Day & Night IRVM - lever type (at the back of the mirror)...hence I thought it is a standard fitment for V trim.

Can you comment on how much approx cost will be for 5.9 litre coolant at Ms SVC ?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #222
Ehhh...

Didn't know that , but my Ritz VDI comes with Day & Night IRVM - lever type (at the back of the mirror)...hence I thought it is a standard fitment for V trim.
In face lifted ritz from V trim the day/night glass is provided as default it cost exact 507Rs and i have changed as i drive more in night time so it will protect the direct reflection of rear high beam lights of car.lorries etc....

In my point of view its very uses full feature of hassle free drive in night especially in highways lorry valla's put high beam's[surprise]

Ehhh...

Can you comment on how much approx cost will be for 5.9 litre coolant at Ms SVC ?
Actually Ritz Vdi is top variant in diesel segment for long. I don't know whether Ritz Zdi is available, but I did not notice Zdi on road. Zxi is also seen few. We petrol car owners wanted to keep investment on car to moderate range because fuel cost is too high.[;)]

In face lifted ritz from V trim the day/night glass is provided as default it cost exact 507Rs and i have changed as i drive more in night time so it will protect the direct reflection of rear high beam lights of car.lorries etc....

In my point of view its very uses full feature of hassle free drive in night especially in highways lorry valla's put high beam's[surprise]
Kanan, can you post a pic of that day night mirror (switch type), from the new face lifted ritz.
Have you used it in your car? Is it direct fit?
Any help on part number will be appreciated.

Hi everyone. Thanks for all the help I have received so far. All is working, except, I don't think the tachometer is accurate. Idles at 500RPM and tops out at +/- 4000RPM. I connected it up as was advised to the PSW module, brown wire. Is there is something I am doing wrong? I will post pics later of what I have done.

Top Bottom