Fixing Aftermarket Tachometer on Ritz LXi

Friends,

Can you please tell me that how important is this tachometer in a car [confused]
To me , very.
I am scared of revving my car too much without a tacho.The max I have done is 90 in 3rd.The VVT engine loves to be revved according to reviews.Want to try atleast going upto 5500rpm once I have a tacho.

Yes it is possible.The seat of the vxi model is changed with zxi one. Someone in another forum has done this on swift.
How much it will cost ? Can anyone predict ?

I'm thinking to make some home made solution...like cousin wrapped in Towel etc etc

Sidd7hartha said:
Dear friends, is it possible to make driver's seat height adjustable. I have vxi model which does not offer this facility but zxi has.
MS must provide as optional aftermarket as MGA for their customer.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #63
How much it will cost ? Can anyone predict ?

I'm thinking to make some home made solution...like cousin wrapped in Towel etc etc

MS must provide as optional aftermarket as MGA for their customer.
you can get this from MGP shop it will cost u around 7 to 9k.

you can get this from MGP shop it will cost u around 7 to 9k.
If I go for this, what to do with existing seat ? Is there any exchange value for stock seat ?

Mine is Ritz Red/Black interior & during the car purchase dealer mentioned due to lack of demand Maruti didn't produce this interior color scheme much, so I doubt it's availability.

Thread Starter #65
If I go for this, what to do with existing seat ? Is there any exchange value for stock seat ?

Mine is Ritz Red/Black interior & during the car purchase dealer mentioned due to lack of demand Maruti didn't produce this interior color scheme much, so I doubt it's availability.
sorry my frnd no exchange just put that in OLX or quickr for sale as MGP don't exchange anythink like this another thing once they invoice any spare they don't get return r replacement of any goods.[confused][confused]

Finally got the tacho for my ritz lxi. Total cost 1050/-
very excited but dont know what to do with it.
Waiting for @kannan.cnkr; to guide me.

If you make your back rest inclination near 90 degree (say 100 t0 95 degree),the requirement of height adjustment disappear.I think your seat is too inclined as was mine. Professional drivers do not need view we novice need,so for comfort they incline the seat 110 degree or more. I am benefited by this adjustment.You may try.

If you make your back rest inclination near 90 degree (say 100 t0 95 degree),the requirement of height adjustment disappear.I think your seat is too inclined as was mine. Professional drivers do not need view we novice need,so for comfort they incline the seat 110 degree or more. I am benefited by this adjustment.You may try.
(This is little bit Off Topic here as the OP of this thread may start here very interesting DIY procedure & he may not like our intrude..So I will try to be very short here.)

I'm using 90' backrest position from the day one, but due to my bulky figure and average height (5'6") it not work for me. Why ? I need to push/set driver seat location further behind to accommodate my legs in straight position in front of the all 3 padal (else the pain creeps up). As a result lack of idea of left side within thick A Pillar vision, plus I need to asses everything by sitting far behind from the driver cabin and feel like I'm driving a boat with huge deck in front of me. Only way to solve this problem to sit further up position and it worked for me. Though there is some downside I always need to wear a shoe with large sole to establish my left foot in front of clutch pedal so I can operate it smoothly.

I also install a clearing stick at the left side which boost my confident at least three fold.

P.S :- Sidd7hartha Da, you are right our driver is not happy with the upright position, he feel very uncomfortable with it.

P.P.S :- To my observation Ritz is suitable/perfect for those people who are 5'10" to 6' foot in height without any mod, for shorter people may need variable height adjustment mechanism @ driver seat.

Last edited:
(This is little bit Off Topic here as the OP of this thread may start here very interesting DIY procedure & he may not like our intrude..So I will try to be very short here.)

I'm using 90' backrest position from the day one, but due to my bulky figure and average height (5'6") it not work for me. Why ? I need to push/set driver seat location further behind to accommodate my legs in straight position in front of the all 3 padal (else the pain creeps up). As a result lack of idea of left side within thick A Pillar vision, plus I need to asses everything by sitting far behind from the driver cabin and feel like I'm driving a boat with huge deck in front of me. Only way to solve this problem to sit further up position and it worked for me. Though there is some downside I always need to wear a shoe with large sole to establish my left foot in front of clutch pedal so I can operate it smoothly.

I also install a clearing stick at the left side which boost my confident at least three fold.

P.S :- Sidd7hartha Da, you are right our driver is not happy with the upright position, he feel very uncomfortable with it.

P.P.S :- To my observation Ritz is suitable/perfect for those people who are 5'10" to 6' foot in height without any mod, for shorter people may need variable height adjustment mechanism @ driver seat.
I too 5'6''but now my seat height problem disappeared. The professional drivers who drove my car are all of average height,even shorter but no problem reported. Actually when driving becomes easier all these small problems disappear.

Last edited:
Congrats my friend i will post the pic with clear guide 1st fix the tacho in dash i posted the pic for that in my older one.[clap][clap]
Was waiting for your reply eagerly.( was scared that you may not visit the forum for a long time and then I will be left with a useless tacho sitting on my desk )

Saw the pic for the tacho installation and got how to do it[clap]
But can you guide me how to take out the panel ?If it is easy to take out and put back I can do so myself now or else I will do it along with the complete installation with the help of an automotive electrician

Also what are the things I need to purchase. I will get the stuff tomorrow. Some stuff that I think i will need is
1 a relay ( can you tell me the spec ) or what to ask the accessories guy for
2 a wire role for extending the 4 wires
3 4 scotchlocks for making connection without splicing wires
4 2 screws for fixing the tacho

As I am a complete beginner. I am waiting for your complete guide. With that in hand I can go to a nearby automotive electrician ( in an accessories shop ) and do the complete work according to the guide and with some help from the electrician.

Waiting for your reply

Thread Starter #72
Was waiting for your reply eagerly.( was scared that you may not visit the forum for a long time and then I will be left with a useless tacho sitting on my desk )

Saw the pic for the tacho installation and got how to do it[clap]
But can you guide me how to take out the panel ?If it is easy to take out and put back I can do so myself now or else I will do it along with the complete installation with the help of an automotive electrician

Also what are the things I need to purchase. I will get the stuff tomorrow. Some stuff that I think i will need is
1 a relay ( can you tell me the spec ) or what to ask the accessories guy for
2 a wire role for extending the 4 wires
3 4 scotchlocks for making connection without splicing wires
4 2 screws for fixing the tacho

As I am a complete beginner. I am waiting for your complete guide. With that in hand I can go to a nearby automotive electrician ( in an accessories shop ) and do the complete work according to the guide and with some help from the electrician.

Waiting for your reply
will guide u in couple of days i need to take pic each and every step clearly has u can do it your self.

Thread Starter #73
Re:Guidance for Fixing TAcho

1)Just u need to buy ribbon cable 2mtrs and .25 sqmm copper cable 3mtrs or try to get 4 core shielded cable 3mrts which is much better.

2)12V relay with single pole NC(normally connected) NO(normally open) basic relay 15 to 20 Rs not go to costly.

3)4 Pin connector male-female connector u can get in any electronic shop's.

4)soldering iron,lead and paste if u have leave it.as i have my own for past 10 yrs.

5)No slicing of cables just plug and play setup i did any time u can remove it.

Re: Guidance for Fixing TAcho

1)Just u need to buy ribbon cable 2mtrs and .25 sqmm copper cable 3mtrs or try to get 4 core shielded cable 3mrts which is much better.

2)12V relay with single pole NC(normally connected) NO(normally open) basic relay 15 to 20 Rs not go to costly.

3)4 Pin connector male-female connector u can get in any electronic shop's.

4)soldering iron,lead and paste if u have leave it.as i have my own for past 10 yrs.

5)No slicing of cables just plug and play setup i did any time u can remove it.
Dont have a soldering iron. Rest of the things I will buy beforehand. For soldering work I will go to the any nearby automotive electrician.

will guide u in couple of days i need to take pic each and every step clearly has u can do it your self.
OK a pic wise guide will be great [clap]. Eagerly waiting.

Top Bottom