Fixing Aftermarket Tachometer on Ritz LXi

Thread Starter #34
Hai once again today fixed the tacho in the panel. pictures for your reference.

This is hole saw drilling bit use this to drill the hole for perfect fix of tacho oval shape.

File the shape with saw file and installation very easy to fix once this done.

screw with the bracket provide with OEM.

Final finish.

Attachments

Thread Starter #35
Tachometer on Ritz LXi

My installation is complete but i have small issue in the back-light the tacho i given the
yellow blue cable to the tail lighting connection but the prblm is the back-light remains when the parking lights are on the tacho back-light goes off and when parking light switch is off the tacho back-light glows i am total confused what to do in this case.

I want to know whether the back light connector must be fed with +ve volt or -Ve volt as i connected the +positive cable to yellow blue the light glows and if Negative is feed the same cable the back light glows.[frustration] what is this backlight respond for both volts.how to clear this issue.

Where to connect this cable in right position?[confused]

Some where i heard similar incident about the ritz tachometer with its backlight connection and finally they ended up with connecting the yellow-blue wire with negative terminal.(Here the tacho backlight will remains on when the key is turned on)

Last edited:
Hi Kannan, if you want the backlit to glow as soon as you put in the key. Just tap a wire from cigar plug / acc point. Make sure you connect it to +ve.

Thread Starter #38
Tachometer on Ritz LXi

Some where i heard similar incident about the ritz tachometer with its backlight connection and finally they ended up with connecting the yellow-blue wire with negative terminal.(Here the tacho backlight will remains on when the key is turned on)
I know this but i just query about there any other way to sort out this prblm.I will brainstorm this weekend and end up with solution as i don't have the multimeter with me as mine got faulty 6 mnts back so will get new one update with any new solution i got up. [:D]

there must be a way to sort out this prblm.ON backlight will doesn't look gud in day time driving.[confused]

I know this but i just query about there any other way to sort out this prblm.I will brainstorm this weekend and end up with solution as i don't have the multimeter with me as mine got faulty 6 mnts back so will get new one update with any new solution i got up. [:D]

there must be a way to sort out this prblm.ON backlight will doesn't look gud in day time driving.[confused]
You did all these connections without a multimeter ? Its impossible for me, I'm really scared about making electrical connections, even with the multimeter i will check it twice to make sure the connections are made in the right way.

Anyways, Happy weekend [:)]

Can you please get me answers for the below questions?
*Where the exact location to where you connected the Yellow-Blue wire. To the +ve or -ve terminal of Park light?
*You told backlight works with both terminals, how you made the conclusion? Is it by checking with the +ve and -ve terminals of the BATTERY?
*I think right now you have connected to the +ve terminal of the parklight, isn't it.?

Thread Starter #41
Tachometer on Ritz LXi

You did all these connections without a multimeter ? Its impossible for me, I'm really scared about making electrical connections, even with the multimeter i will check it twice to make sure the connections are made in the right way.

Anyways, Happy weekend [:)]

Can you please get me answers for the below questions?
*Where the exact location to where you connected the Yellow-Blue wire. To the +ve or -ve terminal of Park light?
*You told backlight works with both terminals, how you made the conclusion? Is it by checking with the +ve and -ve terminals of the BATTERY?
*I think right now you have connected to the +ve terminal of the parklight, isn't it.?

I connected the RED to ACC/Lighter connector.GND to the chassis of the car.

Tacho sig comes from the power steering module 12th pin brwn cable connected to the yellow white.

the back-light yellow blue i tested with the yellow redcable carries totally car back light circuit so i test it with parking flasher switch and with the head light adjustment switch all area i can see the yellow red comes for illumination of the particular switches respectively.

when i connect this yellow blue tacho back-light glows when parking switch is off.when i switched on it the tacho back-light goes off and car interior back light glows.

i tested it with connecting with positive and negative volts to same yellow blue the tacho back light glows.

Will sort out today and update what type of volt must triggered to this circuit.

off course i don't have multimeter but i know exact connection so i just made it my frnd.

No slicing was done in this installation.Just plug and play that's it.

Last edited:
Re: Tachometer on Ritz LXi

I connected the RED to ACC/Lighter connector.GND to the chassis of the car.

Tacho sig comes from the power steering module 12th pin brwn cable connected to the yellow white.

the back-light yellow blue i tested with the yellow redcable carries totally car back light circuit so i test it with parking flasher switch and with the head light adjustment switch all area i can see the yellow red comes for illumination of the particular switches respectively.

when i connect this yellow blue tacho back-light glows when parking switch is off.when i switched on it the tacho back-light goes off and car interior back light glows.

i tested it with connecting with positive and negative volts to same yellow blue the tacho back light glows.

Will sort out today and update what type of volt must triggered to this circuit.

off course i don't have multimeter but i know exact connection so i just made it my frnd.

No slicing was done in this installation.Just plug and play that's it.
Can you please look into the image?
For the simplicity, i consider only the tacho backlight wire.

Is this is the way you made connection to the park light?
(In the image A and B is not connected together, here I mean tachobacklight connected to the point Either A or B)

If this is how you made the connections, then I think I got the solution for your problem.

Attachments

You said before, tacho backlight works with both +ve and -ve terminals

But my conclusion is , this Tachometer's backlight wont work with the +ve terminal.(You will understand when you try connecting the tacho backlight wire directly to the +ve terminal of the battery, it wont glow. But it will if you connect it to the -ve terminal of the battery.):-Correct me If you get it wrong.

According to the circled picture, the connection you have made is to the wire coming from the 'parklight switch.' Here this point will get +12v only when the parkswitch is turned ON.

Case 1
When the park switch is OFF, there wont be any voltage in the other end of switch. So here the rest of the circuit (I mean circuit after the switch will act like earth, since this wire has connection to the -ve terminal of the battery via all those backlight bulbs of your car) will help the tacho signal wire to make the circuit complete. So the tacho backlight will glow.

Case 2
When the park switch is turned ON, tacho backlight wire will get positive volt via switch and it will make the tacho not to glow.
You will understand well when you try connecting the tachobacklight wire directly to the positive terminal of the battery as I said before.

Keep Updating. [:)]

Thread Starter #45
You said before, tacho backlight works with both +ve and -ve terminals

But my conclusion is , this Tachometer's backlight wont work with the +ve terminal.(You will understand when you try connecting the tacho backlight wire directly to the +ve terminal of the battery, it wont glow. But it will if you connect it to the -ve terminal of the battery.):-Correct me If you get it wrong.

According to the circled picture, the connection you have made is to the wire coming from the 'parklight switch.' Here this point will get +12v only when the parkswitch is turned ON.

Case 1
When the park switch is OFF, there wont be any voltage in the other end of switch. So here the rest of the circuit (I mean circuit after the switch will act like earth, since this wire has connection to the -ve terminal of the battery via all those backlight bulbs of your car) will help the tacho signal wire to make the circuit complete. So the tacho backlight will glow.

Case 2
When the park switch is turned ON, tacho backlight wire will get positive volt via switch and it will make the tacho not to glow.
You will understand well when you try connecting the tachobacklight wire directly to the positive terminal of the battery as I said before.

Keep Updating. [:)]
Thanks for your feed back my friend i got the multi meter today.I can understand your concept i think it work as u figure out let me conclude tomorrow what is the right fault in the circuit connectivity so will update you soon with a solution.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom