Fixing Aftermarket Tachometer on Ritz LXi

Thread Starter #166
Hello,

Question to kannan.cnkr,

As you mentioned in the post number #142 in this thread about H11 bulb which are 55 watt, did you use any relay or ceramic holder/coupler to deal with heat or anything ? Do use your Fog lamp with your head lamp at the same time ? Or use one of them at a time.

Also like to know if I change one 55 watt bulb for fog another kept to 35 watt, Am I inviting any trouble ?

My question is how much car like Ritz can take when Engine is running ?

Say If I add 55 watt fog,

During High Beam 60+60 = 120 watt with Fog 55+55= 110 watt Total = 230 watt max consumption.

Now with stock lights, High Beam 60+60 = 120 watt with Fog 35+35= 70 watt Total = 190 watt max consumption.

There is 40 watt deficiency.

Forget to mention the battery provided at Ritz Diesel is DIN65 which 65 Ah current.
Good Question,

i use them when head lights are on.till now the wire kit can with stand the 55W bulb load and i don't have any problem,

Also my car is powered by OEM battery tata green 35AH and need to replace by this year end as i have loaded much in my car.

Good Question,

i use them when head lights are on.till now the wire kit can with stand the 55W bulb load and i don't have any problem,

Also my car is powered by OEM battery tata green 35AH and need to replace by this year end as i have loaded much in my car.
Thanks for the response, forget to ask earlier

As your one Ritz L Trim so there is no factory fitted Fog unit...Did you got after market one or the MGA ? If it is After market one then can you remember what kind of bulb your Fog unit able to accommodate ? Is it designed for H8 or H11 ? or both ?

As I gather the info from the net, H8 bulb holder prevent user to installing H11 bulb due to it's wider holing plate/final locking mechanism, so user need to file down a bit. Did you do such things to fit H11 bulb in your fog unit instead of H8 ?

Please let me know

Below I found from the net where user said about file down the bulb

Screenshot from 2014-09-26 09:45:59.png

Thread Starter #168
Thanks for the response, forget to ask earlier

As your one Ritz L Trim so there is no factory fitted Fog unit...Did you got after market one or the MGA ? If it is After market one then can you remember what kind of bulb your Fog unit able to accommodate ? Is it designed for H8 or H11 ? or both ?

As I gather the info from the net, H8 bulb holder prevent user to installing H11 bulb due to it's wider holing plate/final locking mechanism, so user need to file down a bit. Did you do such things to fit H11 bulb in your fog unit instead of H8 ?

Please let me know

Below I found from the net where user said about file down the bulb

View attachment 147726
I got the MGA one Fog lamp KIT got it arround 2800 i think but i didn't filed the fog lamp assembly i just cut the bulb edge using a cutter so that it shall fit in the H8 holder not to damage the fog lamp assembly as it is a plastic one.

That's you choice any one must me matched so that it will fit the holder.

Thread Starter #170
Hi,

Found a set of Bosch H8 bulb 35 watt at Ebay India as well Snapdeal.

Are they any upgrade or just the same stock bulb illumination quality.

as the description section said

View attachment 147926

Is it worth to give a try ?

Bosch H8 35W 12V CAR FOG Light Bulbs 109 Maruti Ritz | eBay
I think there may be no difference in lumen as the wattage remains 35W so its use less to change the same wattage as brand Bosch will not show difference in point of lumen.

Also check the lumen specification if you really need to change the bulb.[roll]

Thread Starter #171
Upgrading my Ritzzzz

Finally Got the BCM(Body Control Module) yesterday. Also i'm very much thankful to Arijitb and generalmax both helped me a lot in Modification.

This is what Maruti BCM actually looks like.

Attachments

^^^

Is that Black sticker part is the Fuse box attached to the BCM ? You need to buy the Fuse box too ? So your old fuse box need to uninstall right ?

If the Black sticker portion is the fuse box can you let me know how to open the fuse box and get access to the fuse ? As I want to know this if in long drive situation if any blown fuse event arise for my car....

Last edited:
Thread Starter #173
^^^

Is that Black sticker part is the Fuse box attached to the BCM ? You need to buy the Fuse box too ? So your old fuse box need to uninstall right ?

If the Black sticker portion is the fuse box can you let me know how to open the fuse box and get access to the fuse ? As I want to know this if in long drive situation if any blown fuse even arise for my car....
You can pull the corner of the white cap it will come off easily so you can pull the fuse accordingly.

Hi, Thanks for your help - getting access to the fuse is very easy now. Got success [:)] .

When I'm doing it I found this, It is assembly where Accelerator pedal mounted...

I want to know what is that round thing do ? There 4/5 cable goes into it in a special type connector - I believe they are from ECU, Can I myself able to turn the round type ring ?

IMG_20141005_172721.jpg

IMG_20141005_172738.jpg

Thread Starter #175
Hi, Thanks for your help - getting access to the fuse is very easy now. Got success [:)] .

When I'm doing it I found this, It is assembly where Accelerator pedal mounted...

I want to know what is that round thing do ? There 4/5 cable goes into it in a special type connector - I believe they are from ECU, Can I myself able to turn the round type ring ?

View attachment 148312

View attachment 148313
Yes the connector you seen is coming from ECM to sense the accelerator position and the rounded area show in the picture is pedal lock.

Also for your info idling adjustment is available in the ECM itself which look like black nobe will be placed in the top of the ECM you see in the same in my ECM picture.

I have already asked a info about rear dicky switch and front bonnet switch a month back which will be provided in the OEM keyless entry kit has you know where the switch actually located as in the VXI flooring and instrumental kit i can see a black/yellow cable which is routed to the BCM as well as to the Keyless entry module but where the switch is located in the rear dick i can't see it any provision in my car and how the switch will look like.

Thread Starter #176
^^^

Model is Nippon NCS - 1609 for New Ritz (VXI/VDI). The Box (Like size of a Fat Mobile Handset Box) contained 5 items which is Main Computer Module, Siren Mike, Engine Bonnet Cable/Switch, Hatch Cable/Switch, Security Switch. Installation Time - 20-25 mins. Rest of Stuff all inbuilt for VXI/VDI model. (But I lost complete 3 Full Days in 3/4 months length {and countless phone call} of MASS's Acc Dept's Stupidity to get the correct system)
Can you tell where these switches exactly fixed?[roll]

I have already asked a info about rear dicky switch and front bonnet switch a month back which will be provided in the OEM keyless entry kit has you know where the switch actually located as in the VXI flooring and instrumental kit i can see a black/yellow cable which is routed to the BCM as well as to the Keyless entry module but where the switch is located in the rear dick i can't see it any provision in my car and how the switch will look like.
Didn't understand a single thing about this paragraph, hopefully this not to me.

Can you tell where these switches exactly fixed?[roll]
Engine Bonnet Cable/Switch - It is situated at the Engine bay area - small black colour switch with small cable, I think (now) there is no hatch switch fixed - I think it is un protected.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #178
Didn't understand a single thing about this paragraph, hopefully this not to me.

Engine Bonnet Cable/Switch - It is situated at the Engine bay area - small black colour switch with small cable, I think (now) there is no hatch switch fixed - I think it is un protected.
The para is just to ask where the rear dickey switch is fixed as i can see a black/yellow wire is routed from rear dickey with female single pin connector in Flooring wiring kit of VXI variant.

That's why i asked you any switch is fixed in the rear part dickey as you mentioned in the key entry there was a hatch cable with switch.

Attachments

Here is the leaf late comes with Nippon NCS-1609 which listed the following component.

test.png

Earlier I wrote from here when asked what in the Nippon Security system package contained for V trim

As I remember I'm not exactly sure if they install anything at the back or not.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #180
Here is the leaf late comes with Nippon NCS-1609 which listed the following component.

View attachment 148785

Earlier I wrote from here when asked what in the Nippon Security system package contained for V trim

As I remember I'm not exactly sure if they install anything at the back or not.
Can you confirm that if you open the rear dickey or engine bonnet when key-less entry is armed any warning alarm raised by the key less module as of now and also door ajar warning light in meter module.

Another one above Nippon instruction it is mentioned as 26 pin connector but in my wiring kit there is only 24 pins are available.

Attachments

Top Bottom